Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Following -- Season Finale -- "Forgive" -- 4/28/14

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-14, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
The Following -- Season Finale -- "Forgive" -- 4/28/14

THE TABLES TURN ON RYAN HARDY AND JOE CARROLL IN THE SEASON FINALE OF "THE FOLLOWING" MONDAY, APRIL 28, ON FOX

Mark and Luke (Sam Underwood) turn the tables on both Ryan Hardy (Kevin Bacon) and Joe Carroll (James Purefoy), forcing the two sworn enemies to come together to save the woman they love in the all-new "Forgive" Season Finale episode of THE FOLLOWING airing Monday, April 28 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FOL-215) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Kevin Bacon as Ryan Hardy; James Purefoy as Joe Carroll; Shawn Ashmore as Agent Mike Weston; Natalie Zea as Claire Matthews; Valorie Curry as Emma Hill; Connie Nielsen as Lily Gray; Sam Underwood as Luke; Jessica Stroup as Max Hardy; Tiffany Boone as Mandy Lang

Guest Cast: Sprague Grayden as Carrie Cooke; Mackenzie Marsh as Tilda; Felix Solis as Agent Clarke; Carter Jenkins as Preston; Connor Fox as Jason

Episode 15 of 15

This was renewed for a 3rd season. Will return in 2015.

Next week is the 2 hour season premiere of 24 at 8pm.
Old 04-28-14, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Re: The Following -- Season Finale -- "Forgive" -- 4/28/14

i was driving home today and i saw a digital billboard that said "series finale." i had to come home to check to see if something had changed about the renewal.
Old 04-28-14, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

that was sort of anticlimactic. i enjoyed it, but it just didn't have quite the oomph of last season's finale. upside is that no more stupid emma. i actually like the twins. the kid who plays them was terrible on homeland, but was good in this. also, claire is a bitch. i wonder if joe is gone for good.
Old 04-28-14, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

stupid bad weather messed up the last 30 min of this for me. gonna have to catch it on demand later.
Old 04-28-14, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

I didn't think much of the finale, it felt like the writers didn't want to kill off anymore regulars. I've had enough of the twins and that final scene was a huge cheat, since it revealed nothing. A lazy ending for a season that actually got somewhat boring in its final two or three episodes, outside of Emma's death.
Old 04-29-14, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk God

Claire, what a bitch. After everything Ryan did for her and then she flat out dumps him at the end.

Kind of an anticlimactic and lazy finale. I saw Kevin Williamson wrote the script, but his heart must have not been in this season at all. Definitely lacked the shock value of season 1.

Poor Ryan.

I guess this season should have been called The Following: The Search for Ryan Hardy's salvation.

I'm guessing in season 3, Joe will probably have more of a Hannibal Lecter behind bars type role and help Ryan with consulting getting the last surviving twin.

I'm just happy that stupid annoying bitch Emma is out of the picture.

So we're left hanging on who the mystery driver is.
Old 04-29-14, 02:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didnt really mind Emma. I really hated the evil fat chick though lol
Old 04-29-14, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
So we're left hanging on who the mystery driver is.
It's Max. I was surprised they didn't show her driving...it was like a non-cliffhanger cliffhanger - as if they changed their minds at the last second and didn't show it.

I like how Ryan said to Joe "I'm done with you" and Joe's like "Yeah, whatever." He knows they're far from over.

And, yes, Claire is a total bitch. Good riddance.
Old 04-29-14, 08:53 AM

If it weren't for the twins and the mystery driver, I would've thought this was a series finale rather than a season finale. Joe being put behind bars again probably means season 3 goes back to looking like season 1 (which I have no problem with). Joe's on the inside pulling the strings while his minions are all out doing the dirty work. As for the mystery driver, I think it's Dexter Morgan.
Old 04-29-14, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
It's Max. I was surprised they didn't show her driving...it was like a non-cliffhanger cliffhanger - as if they changed their minds at the last second and didn't show it.
Why would Max shoot & kill Luke only to pick up Mark (who's carrying Luke's body) later????

My bet is on Bacon's news lady girlfriend whose name escapes me.
Old 04-29-14, 09:56 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

awful show with an awful finale. kill Joe the fuck off already. I won't be back next year.
Old 04-29-14, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by ericmylad
Why would Max shoot & kill Luke only to pick up Mark (who's carrying Luke's body) later????

My bet is on Bacon's news lady girlfriend whose name escapes me.
Agree. No way it's Max. Carrie seems like a more logical person. She may not be in it with them, but will do whatever it takes to get the exclusive.
Old 04-29-14, 04:32 PM

This did end on a pretty blah note. I certainly didn't buy Ryan's last minute change of heart vis Joe. Total BS except as a device to keep Joe for next season. And boy did they make Claire out to be a hypocritical bitch. She spends the her entire time on the show planning to kill Joe first chance she gets and then gets sanctimonious when she learns that Ryan killed the guy who murdered his father - even though I'm pretty sure she knows that Ryan flat out executed that guy in the first season who helped murder the FBI chick. Much better if they'd had the twins kill her and provide Ryan with some real motivation for next season.
Old 04-29-14, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I liked the finale. And I guess I'm the only one in Claire's side. I totally agree with her.

Not sure about the third season though. I would prefer to have new villains.
Old 04-29-14, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

The showrunners should have never brought Claire back. It made for one nice surprise ending, but they had no good ideas on integrating her back into the storylines.

This time I really am out, I won't be back next season. A story like this one is simply not made for serialized television, most of the finale was warped to bring back several key characters for another season. I expect the same problem next season.
Old 04-30-14, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
This time I really am out, I won't be back next season. A story like this one is simply not made for serialized television, most of the finale was warped to bring back several key characters for another season. I expect the same problem next season.
My guess is the first half of next season will try to establish a new killer, with maybe the surviving twin being part of it as well. Then, about half way through the season they'll bring Joe back and make him a threat again and things will get good (but not before the first half sucks - much like it did in Season 2).

I get the feeling the producers of the show start off every year wanting to make things 'realistic', realize they're killing the ratings by doing so, and then go and get 'crazy' again with the storylines. If they'd start off 'crazy', we'd get much more entertaining seasons. I know a lot of people couldn't stand Season 1 because of all the stupid things the characters were doing - but, honestly, that's the best formula for a show like this.
Old 05-01-14, 08:12 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the show don't get me wrong, but this finale was very "blah". The twins kept talking about a dinner party, I was hoping that Joe and Ryan would get there and the twins would have Claire cooked and on the table. That would have been awesome.
Old 05-01-14, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 378 Likes on 236 Posts

Finally caught this tonight. Can't help but agree with the thoughts of everyone else. It didn't really go out with a bang. I don't see myself tuning in next year.

I will be tuned in next Monday night, however.
Old 05-11-14, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

I'm hoping next season we get a "SAW" inspired season. Joe knew he's eventually get killed or captured. I think he has some kind of game set up for his next set of victims without having to leave his cell.
Old 06-16-14, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk God

http://m.deadline.com/2014/06/jennif...medium=twitter

Not surprising news. Kevin Williamson is leaving as showrunner. He's going to be showrunner on Stalker for CBS. Jennifer Johnson, who was showrunner for Cold Case, Alcatraz, Chase and worked on Lost, is taking over. She's currently a Producer on Gang Related for FOX.

You could already tell that season 2 was missing a lot of his influence as writer and he wasn't as hands on creatively. Season 1 he wrote practically every script. This year, he had 2 co-writing credits. Williamson also left The Vampire Diaries and that show has suffered creatively.

Last edited by DJariya; 06-16-14 at 05:28 PM.
Old 06-16-14, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Williamson had very little to do with Season 2, so this isn't going to really affect the show much. If anything, the show was less-crazy and less-violent (well, at least less gore) without him.
Old 06-16-14, 07:14 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

so, um, this is Linda Carter's daughter... Jessica Altman.

too late to recast Wonder Woman?
Old 06-16-14, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk God

^^^ Wrong thread.
Old 06-16-14, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No, it is always the right thread to post that picture
Old 06-16-14, 08:28 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

lol, oops. wtf... how did that happen...