Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Following -- "Silence" -- 4/21/14

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-14, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
The Following -- "Silence" -- 4/21/14

JOE CARROLL UNVEILS HIS FINAL DEADLY PLAN ON AN ALL-NEW "THE FOLLOWING" MONDAY, APRIL 21, ON FOX

Joe Carroll puts his final plan into action, threatening the lives of many, as Ryan and Mike go to great lengths to stop him and prevent more innocent lives being lost. Meanwhile, Claire makes a decision that leads her into dangerous territory, and Mark and Luke attempt to figure out their next move in the all-new "Silence" episode of THE FOLLOWING airing Monday, April 21 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FOL-214) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Kevin Bacon as Ryan Hardy; James Purefoy as Joe Carroll; Shawn Ashmore as Agent Mike Weston; Natalie Zea as Claire Matthews; Valorie Curry as Emma Hill; Connie Nielsen as Lily Gray; Sam Underwood as Luke; Jessica Stroup as Max Hardy; Tiffany Boone as Mandy Lang

Guest Cast: Shane McRae as Robert; Sprague Grayden as Carrie Cooke; Mackenzie Marsh as Tilda; Liza de Weerd as Angela; Felix Solis as Agent Clarke; Carter Jenkins as Preston; Tom Cavanaugh as Kingston; Connor Fox as Jason; Ezra Knight as Roman

Episode 14 of 15

Wow, we're close to the finish line.
Old 04-22-14, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: The Following -- "Silence" -- 4/21/14

The bitch is dead.

at Claire carrying the tear gas while being transported. And how stupid she was to go there by herself.

I have to believe that next weeks finale will go all out crazy. I'm going to guess that at least 2 significant characters will bite it.
Old 04-22-14, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ugh, next week's preview looks idiotic.
Old 04-22-14, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

This show has fallen off the map here, if all we have are two comments after an episode like this one. I can't believe they offed that character.

I thought this season was better before Claire returned. Her actions have been completely out of character for a woman that hid in witness protection for a year.
Old 04-22-14, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 164 Posts

It's been in full-retard since Claire returned. I am just waiting to see how they will wrap this up.

Assuming this goes another season, think they gonna have Carrol wrangle up another new batch of psychos to order around?
Old 04-22-14, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by ~~ PAL ~~
It's been in full-retard since Claire returned. I am just waiting to see how they will wrap this up.

Assuming this goes another season, think they gonna have Carrol wrangle up another new batch of psychos to order around?
It already got renewed for another season. Ratings are down almost 50% from season 1, so I was surprised FOX gave it another season.

If and I emphasize if Joe finally gets killed off, I have to assume they will cast another relatively high profile actor to be the big baddie against Ryan.

My guess if someone close to Ryan will die in the finale. They already went there with Claire, so my bet is on Max.
Old 04-23-14, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
My guess if someone close to Ryan will die in the finale. They already went there with Claire, so my bet is on Max.
Probably...I've thought from Episode 1 that she is a Caroller, so we'll have to see if she betrays Ryan in the finale.

I can't imagine they wouldn't be bringing James Purefoy back next season. If this season proved anything, it's that other serial killers just aren't as much fun to watch as Joe is. I just hope the writers wise up (did creator Kevin Williamson even WRITE an episode this season?) and realize that the best episodes have Ryan and Joe sharing the screen together.

The twins have Claire now, so maybe Season 3 will be the way I predicted a few weeks back - Joe and Ryan have to team up to find/save Claire. That would be really fun TV.
Old 04-23-14, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was arguably the best episode of this season. This episode moved with the same intensity as the episodes in season 1.
Old 04-23-14, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ~~ PAL ~~
It's been in full-retard since Claire returned.
I agree. They should of just left her dead. This latest ep. was just as fuckin' stupid as most of last season.
Old 04-23-14, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by mrhan
This latest ep. was just as fuckin' stupid as most of last season.
I think this is one of those rare series that is at its best when its plotlines are as crazy as possible. '24' was that way too. The first half of Season 2 may have been more realistic, but it was also pretty much of a snooze. Once Joe joined the cult, things got fun again.
Old 05-19-14, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Sorry for the bump, but I'm catching up on the DVR.

How in the hell did the twins know to go to that Inn? They never explained that, or I missed it.
Old 06-27-14, 07:09 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm also catching up and thought this episode was great !

Agree Clair is being a right idiot but Emma's death was cool