DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   NBC is so Desperate for Ideas, They Want YOU to Pitch Their Next Comedy! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/619359-nbc-so-desperate-ideas-they-want-you-pitch-their-next-comedy.html)

Shannon Nutt 04-08-14 06:26 PM

NBC is so Desperate for Ideas, They Want YOU to Pitch Their Next Comedy!

http://www.nbccomedyplayground.com/#/home

Come on, we need someone (or a few someones) here to take this on...this forum is full of creative minds! :)

VHS? 04-08-14 06:31 PM

Re: NBC is so Desperate for Ideas, They Want YOU to Pitch Their Next Comedy!

Why. So they can cancel after 3 episodes.
Why not bring back stuff the gave the boot to that fans were upset about. Sounds like a more solid choice than to have fans submit ideas that probably wont work out anyway.

Rockmjd23 04-08-14 06:36 PM

Ok how about this: I get into a car accident. The guy that hit me doesn't have any insurance, so the judge sentences him to be my butler!

Canis Firebrand 04-08-14 06:39 PM

Modern TV is certainly missing those talking or intelligent animal shows from the previous decades... Like Lassie, Flipper, Mr. Ed, etc.....

Shannon Nutt 04-08-14 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23 (Post 12072207)
Ok how about this: I get into a car accident. The guy that hit me doesn't have any insurance, so the judge sentences him to be my butler!

Gold, Jerry...GOLD!

Michael Corvin 04-08-14 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Canis Firebrand (Post 12072210)
Modern TV is certainly missing those talking or intelligent animal shows from the previous decades... Like Lassie, Flipper, Mr. Ed, etc.....

This millenium is also missing an alien comedy. The 70s-90's gave us Mork & Mindy, Alf & 3rd Rock from the Sun.

Michael Corvin 04-08-14 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Canis Firebrand (Post 12072210)

This century is also missing an alien comedy. The 70s-90's gave us Mork & Mindy, Alf & 3rd Rock from the Sun.

How about we combine ideas?

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23 (Post 12072207)

The alien was in hiding when he causes the car wreck. The judge sentences him to be the butler. Hilarity ensues. Also a talking marsupial.

Canis Firebrand 04-08-14 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 12072216)
This century is also missing an alien comedy. The 70s-90's gave us Mork & Mindy, Alf & 3rd Rock from the Sun.

How about we combine ideas?

The alien was in hiding when he causes the car wreck. The judge sentences him to be the butler. Hilarity ensues. Also a talking marsupial.

Perfect.. I forgot about those alien comedies...

Maybe add in a touch of 80s robot child... Small Wonder....

Canis Firebrand 04-08-14 06:49 PM

Or.. how about NBC going really meta?

Have a comedy show about a television channel exec that cannot come up with ideas for new shows on his own. So, his brilliant idea is to have the Internet pitch ideas for new shows and the ways he tries to make the shows work while claiming them as his own idea.

wishbone 04-08-14 06:56 PM

Growing All Over Again
Two wisecracking twins who may or may not have psychic abilities, in a futuristic metropolis, completely unable to stop attacking the Warren Commission report, see relationships in a whole new way.

Featuring Mark Harmon. (filmed before a live studio audience)

Evening Punky
Fugitives from a hostile planet and an eight year-old boy born and raised in the Dutch West Indies, who are notoriously bad cooks, find you win some, and you lose some.

Starring Shadoe Stevens. (adult innuendo)

Sloppy Now
Crusty, yet lovable ex-bank robbers and their sassy caregiver from Laredo, and slightly depressed, find that practical jokes make the day worth living.

With that black guy from Designing Women and Dave's World. (CC-Espaņol)

http://www.fal.net/html/sitcom.html

rotfl

Canis Firebrand 04-08-14 06:58 PM

:lol:

Party White Guy
Five irritable commuter-train engineers somewhere in the Everglades, known for gardening by moonlight, stumble upon an herbal elixir that makes odd things happen.

Featuring the comic genius of Jerry Van Dyke. (CC-Espaņol)

Touching Life
Two charmingly dense supermodels of uncertain sexual orientation, and slightly depressed, investigate the mysteries of an old ghost town.

Based on the hit made-for-TV movie. (midseason replacement)

Easy Hooper
A librarian and a troupe of circus midgets in the heart of Staten Island, who are obsessed with rescuing stray dogs from the animal shelter, find out that even when you lose, you win.

From the team that brought you Full House. (Syndicated)

The Valeyard 04-08-14 07:27 PM

We need more variety shows like Donny and Marie or Pink Lady and Jeff. Fuck, those were awesome.

Matthew Chmiel 04-08-14 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Canis Firebrand (Post 12072219)
Have a comedy show about a television channel exec that cannot come up with ideas for new shows on his own. So, his brilliant idea is to have the Internet pitch ideas for new shows and the ways he tries to make the shows work while claiming them as his own idea.

I am going to pitch a comedy show where two best friends win an internet contest to have a show on NBC. What follows is chaos as they have to deal with the assholes at NBC alongside the dwindling NBC audience.

If we make it to a fourth season, the two leads get replaced, but come back in time for the show's fifth season.

majorjoe23 04-08-14 07:41 PM

How about a show starring a former tv actor who is returning to TV, but the twist is it's to make a really bland/shitty show.

It can be called The Michael J. Reiser Show Saves The Marriage Ref.

RocShemp 04-08-14 07:45 PM

Hannibal's Cannibal Cuisine. Make it happen.

beesonosu 04-08-14 07:53 PM

Sloppy Baby
A diverse group of MENSA members from a trailer park in Tulsa, incredibly naive about the way the world works, find out the hard way that nobody's perfect.

Featuring Missy Gold from Benson.

Rockmjd23 04-08-14 10:45 PM

I just realized the last show I watched with a laugh track was Seinfeld. 16 years ago.

story 04-09-14 12:46 AM

Pig Mask - A mockumentary-style single-camera comedy in which a young pig mask travels across the country, being worn by a ragtag group of movie geeks who take it around their hometown and send it to the next geek. If it gets canceled after a few episodes without a resolution, then bonus because then art once again gets to imitate life.

Alan Smithee 04-09-14 01:31 AM

We need a real-life "EdTV" or "Truman Show"- just follow one guy around on camera live, with no editing.

TheKing 04-09-14 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 12072213)
This millenium is also missing an alien comedy. The 70s-90's gave us Mork & Mindy, Alf & 3rd Rock from the Sun.

Ummm ABC has The Neighbors.

Michael Corvin 04-09-14 06:41 AM

:lol: Never heard of it.

RoyalTea 04-09-14 06:50 AM

11 gay men and 1 straight man are locked in a house. The object for the gay men is to find out who isn't gay. Once a week someone gets outvoted, until 2 are left, or the straight man is out. If the gays manage to outvote him, they win 1 million dollars. If the straight man is among the 2 last people in the house in the end, he wins 1 million dollars.

Now here's the twist: None of the men are actually gay, they just all think they are the one straight man.

JasonF 04-09-14 06:57 AM

How about a wacky workplace comedy about a television network that's so hapless they turn to the internet for ideas on what they should broadcast?

Or, they could take a page from CBS. Two of their biggest comedies are the just-completed How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory, so maybe they could combine them into How I Banged Your Mother.

Shannon Nutt 04-09-14 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by RoyalTea (Post 12072533)
11 gay men and 1 straight man are locked in a house. The object for the gay men is to find out who isn't gay. Once a week someone gets outvoted, until 2 are left, or the straight man is out. If the gays manage to outvote him, they win 1 million dollars. If the straight man is among the 2 last people in the house in the end, he wins 1 million dollars.

Now here's the twist: None of the men are actually gay, they just all think they are the one straight man.

Would the title of this be: Last Man Standing Erect

A-aron 04-09-14 08:05 AM

OK ... I'm in ... I promise to keep everyone posted on how it goes ...