Reload this Page >

Game of Thrones -- Season 4 SPOILERS Thread: Untagged Book spoilers, discussion

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 04-07-14, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the thread for all of you book worms who want to compare and contrast it to the books. So as a warning to all of you lurkers in this forum, stay out of this thread if you don't want to be spoiled about anything. You will have only yourself to blame if you have no self control and are compelled to read this thread.

Since I haven't seen one yet, here is a thread for discussing spoilers for Season 4. So obviously if you haven't read the books or you don't want to know what's going to happen, you probably shouldn't be here.

Mods: If there is already a thread for this that I just missed, please delete...

So to start, it looks like the purple wedding is next week. Will people be filming reactions to put on YouTube? I honestly didn't expect this episode this early on, but am very much looking forward to seeing the reactions afterwards. I anticipate much glee!

Last edited by dex14; 04-09-14 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-07-14, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Game of Thrones -- Season 4 Spoilers Thread -- Book spoilers, discussion, yada ya

Interesting they made the purple hairnet a blue necklace, but it doesn't really change anything.
Old 04-07-14, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Game of Thrones -- Season 4 Spoilers Thread -- Book spoilers, discussion, yada ya

Only thing I can think of is perhaps the necklace will make it a little more obvious to tv-only viewers. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a camera shot just before or after the event showing sansa and a gap where a stone should be.
Old 04-07-14, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So looks like D&D are into R+L=J Oberyn mentioned that Rhaegar was with another woman, that is Lyanna?
Old 04-07-14, 11:40 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully them mentioning Cat's body being dumped in the river means we will see UnCat at some point. That's one part that could be interesting since Martin has never given much time to that story.
Old 04-07-14, 11:43 PM

My guess is that it'll be a "stinger" at the very end of episode 10.
Old 04-08-14, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Definitely was deliberate that they mentioned Cat being thrown in the river. I suspect it'll be the big reveal at the end of the season, just like it is at the end of the book.
Old 04-08-14, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Too lazy to look it up, but I recall The Hound being gravely injured during that altercation at the inn in the book. Clegane is propped up against a tree or something, too injured to move, and Arya has a chance to cross him off her list but she doesn't, leaving him for dead. I also recall speculation that Clegane is now the grave digger on Bear Island or some place.

Clearly they aren't doing that in the show.
Old 04-08-14, 12:17 AM

You're memory of the books is correct, Osiris...but it's possible that he takes a turn for the worse in a future episode.
Old 04-08-14, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The dragons dropping the animal carcass before Dany
Spoiler:
would seem to foreshadow a future event in ADwD.
BTW, it's good to know that this world has developed stylish footwear.
Old 04-08-14, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bdshort View Post
Definitely was deliberate that they mentioned Cat being thrown in the river. I suspect it'll be the big reveal at the end of the season, just like it is at the end of the book.
I must have missed it, but when was that mentioned?
Old 04-08-14, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
You're memory of the books is correct, Osiris...but it's possible that he takes a turn for the worse in a future episode.
Maybe they don't have Arya go over the seas?
Old 04-08-14, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by superdeluxe View Post
I must have missed it, but when was that mentioned?
Sansa says it while Tyrion is trying to comfort her. I also liked that Oberyn mentioned his brother Doran by name. There has been a lot of speculation on which characters from AFFC/ADWD might get cut, and I'm paying close attention this season, because there will be a lot of foreshadowing about what they choose to include in season 5. Doran was name-dropped, so now I'm looking for references to Euron and Victarion.
Old 04-08-14, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe View Post
Sansa says it while Tyrion is trying to comfort her. I also liked that Oberyn mentioned his brother Doran by name. There has been a lot of speculation on which characters from AFFC/ADWD might get cut, and I'm paying close attention this season, because there will be a lot of foreshadowing about what they choose to include in season 5. Doran was name-dropped, so now I'm looking for references to Euron and Victarion.
Oh Nice catch. I'm glad that they are kind of confirming Lady stoneheart.
Old 04-08-14, 05:29 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

mods...can you close this thread ASAP???

Spoiler:
too fucking tempting!!
Old 04-08-14, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by superdeluxe View Post
Maybe they don't have Arya go over the seas?
There was a shot of the Titan of Braavos in one of the trailers for this season.
Old 04-08-14, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'd be fine with them cutting out Euron and Vicatrion if it means we don't have to hear "nuncle" being said.
Old 04-08-14, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
There was a shot of the Titan of Braavos in one of the trailers for this season.
Well never mind then lol.
Old 04-08-14, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The first time I heard Asha say "nuncle" I dismounted my destrier, removed my boiled leather, and sat down to a roaring fire and suckling pig.
Old 04-08-14, 07:05 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I wonder how far they are going to take Arya's arc this season.

Though I think what I'm looking forward to is likely beyond what will be shown in this season.

Spoiler:
I'm looking forward to seeing, on screen, the stuff in Braavos in the House of Black and White.
Old 04-08-14, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe View Post
The first time I heard Asha say "nuncle" I dismounted my destrier, removed my boiled leather, and sat down to a roaring fire and suckling pig.
What about the destrier's progeny, the condition of the boiled leather and its battles fought, each by name, the stonework of the hearth where the fire blazes, the suckling pig served in plum sauce, stuffed with chestnuts and white truffles, it's flesh seared by the juices of its melted fat -- not to mention the Dornish summerwine to wash it all down?

And there is still half a page remaining to describe this event.
Old 04-08-14, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That was just a sample, the full description will be released in a few years.
Old 04-08-14, 08:02 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Vicatrion is too bad ass to leave out.
Old 04-08-14, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yep, if they leave out the rest of the Greyjoys I will be very upset.
Old 04-08-14, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think we'll get Euron and Victarion but I'm not counting on Aeron.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.