DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Big Bang Theory - "The Indecision Amalgamation" - 4/3/14 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/619241-big-bang-theory-indecision-amalgamation-4-3-14-a.html)

dex14 04-03-14 02:47 PM

The Big Bang Theory - "The Indecision Amalgamation" - 4/3/14

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...93317412_n.jpg

WHILE PENNY AND RAJ FACE DIFFICULT LIFE DECISIONS, AMY HELPS SHELDON THROUGH THE EVEN GREATER HELL OF CHOOSING A NEW GAMING SYSTEM, ON "THE BIG BANG THEORY," THURSDAY, APRIL 3

"The Indecision Amalgamation" - While Raj is wracked with guilt when he tries to date two women at once, Penny wrestles with whether to take a role in a cheesy movie and Sheldon is torn trying to choose between two gaming systems, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, April 3 (8:00 - 8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Jason 04-03-14 03:22 PM

Re: The Big Bang Theory - "The Indecision Amalgamation" - 4/3/14

So now Raj is creeping out two chicks at the same time?

madcougar 04-03-14 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jason (Post 12066782)
So now Raj is creeping out two chicks at the same time?

:lol:

dex14 04-03-14 04:39 PM

Some interesting news:

CBS' The Big Bang Theory is teaming with Lucasfilm for an epic Star Wars episode timed to Star Wars Day, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

In "The Proton Transmogrification" -- the episode set to air May 1 and timed to the annual May 4 Star Wars Day -- the gang gets together to celebrate the annual geek holiday, while Sheldon (Jim Parsons) is guided by visions of his childhood idol and mentor, Professor Proton (Emmy winner Bob Newhart), who appears to the socially challenged genius as his own Jedi master.

For those not in the know, Star Wars Day is recognized every year on May 4, with the traditional celebratory greeting being "May the fourth be with you" -- a play on Star Wars' famed "May the Force be with you" line. Fans across the globe celebrate the film franchise with screenings and special events.

For the episode, the CBS comedy teamed with a group of special effects technicians from Lucasfilm's Industrial Light & Magic to re-create Dagobah -- the remote world of swamps and forest that served as a refuge for Yoda during his exile -- and provide props for the episode, including a light saber. Lucasfilm experts consulted on the episode and visited the Big Bang Theory set to oversee the production, with the final touches completed at its San Francisco headquarters.

"We were approached by the Lucasfilm people to do something to celebrate Star Wars Day, which was nice," co-creator Chuck Lorre tells THR.

Added showrunner Steve Molaro: "We knew that Bob was coming back and Lucasfilm called us, and we realized that that this might be an opportunity to mix both stories and come up with something special."
PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes: 'The Big Bang Theory'
While Lucasfilm consulted on the episode, the idea to re-create Dagobah sprung from the geektastic brains of the Big Bang Theory writers and producers.

"This was all from us," Molaro told THR from the set during production on the episode. "They're excited about everything we're doing, and they're going to help us with the special effects. Bob is going to be swinging a light saber around and they sent us a real one to use. They're going to help make it look and sound right. It's an amazing crossover for us."

And special it will be: Newhart will appear as one of the iconic characters from the Star Wars universe during the episode -- though exactly which character he'll play is being kept under wraps.
"Chuck and I called Bob and let him know what we were thinking about. We had to give him a quick primer on the Star Wars mythology … he picked it up pretty quickly and was very excited about it," Molaro said.

Lucasfilm VFX guru Eddie Pasquarello was the on-set consultant for the episode and said it made sense for the company. "We at ILM were very excited to do the effects for it. Everyone loves the show there and to have the tie-in to May the Fourth felt like a good synergy and marriage. We jumped at it," he tells THR. "We did talk about what the set would look like and they sent us pictures of the light saber hilt and the Dagobah set and we were impressed. We talked about the interactive lighting for the light saber and some of the ideas that were there. They did an amazing job of getting it together."

While Star Wars references are nothing new for the geek-themed comedy, the episode will feature an increase in set decoration and wardrobe, with the cast sporting shirts (see photo above) and additional goodies around the incredibly detailed set.

Meanwhile, Newhart tells THR that he had to "do some research" into Star Wars, leaning on producers as well as his family members for its cultural significance.

"I talked to Chuck, Steve and [co-creator/EP] Bill [Prady] about it and they gave me the Phantom Menace so I knew what [Dagobah] would look like. They explained to me what the light saber was and what it could do -- and not to point it at Jim because it would kill him!"

The Big Bang Theory airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. on CBS. The Star Wars episode airs May 1.

astrochimp 04-03-14 07:45 PM

A lot of funny stuff in this one :up:

Bernadette: I like the Wii!

Loved when Wheaton was talking to Penny about taking embarrassing roles and she said "Star Trek's not that bad" :lol:

mhg83 04-03-14 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by astrochimp (Post 12067058)
A lot of funny stuff in this one :up:

Bernadette: I like the Wii!

"Okay Grandma!"

Sheldon's rants about XB1 and PS4 felt like they were ripped from some message boards :lol:

Charlie Goose 04-03-14 10:28 PM

Amy was hilarious at dinner, feigning enthusiasm for Sheldon's choices. Really have to feel bad for her again, to have to put up with that.

And Raj's astrology tale was cool. It was indeed a real panty-dropper.

Professor Proton (Emmy winner Bob Newhart), who appears to the socially challenged genius as his own Jedi master.
Oh good, I was afraid that they weren't going to beat that gag into the ground.

Raul3 04-03-14 11:21 PM

Good episode.

Good thing Sheldon didn't choose a console, so the other side isn't asking how much MS/Sony paid for that.

fumanstan 04-03-14 11:36 PM

I was thinking the same thing, that one of the companies would be unhappy if Sheldon picked the other. I pointed out to my girlfriend that everything Sheldon was saying about the consoles were true.

Bernadette was super cute choosing the Wii, she seemed so proud of herself.

hanshotfirst1138 04-03-14 11:57 PM

Why not just buy both and switch out the HDMI port? If I had enough money for new home theater equipment, I'd just go with what was in the budget, and if both were, I'd buy them both :D! Granted, as an Aspie myself I'd probably research the hell out of it too, but still.... Maybe I should fix my life before worrying about what kind of home theater equipment to get, but hey, that wouldn't be any fun! Poor Amy. So horny and mistreated, puts up with way too much of his bullshit. The way they treated the Raj storyline was actually genuinely sweet this time I though, nice to see the writers didn't seem to be laughing at him for once. I'd have taken Penny's job, a role is a role. Lots of now famous actors have horrible movies on their pasts, and it'd be experience to be on an actual set. Such as it was.

mnementh 04-04-14 12:42 AM

Amy willing to buy both a PS4 and Xbox One makes me want a girlfriend just like her.

kahuna 04-04-14 01:18 AM

Guess who also brought a betamax over vhs, hd-dvd over bd & zune over ipod, yours truly.

Charlie Goose 04-04-14 05:47 AM

The last game system I owned was a Coleco. Is the Wii really as lame as Sheldon said?

Double_Oh_7 04-04-14 07:11 AM

:drool: Penny in the bikini at the end... I didn't even mind the ape hands.

dex14 04-04-14 07:43 AM

They're ALMOST on track to what we've discussed around here... Penny getting a break from Will Wheaton. Maybe this will lead to something...

hanshotfirst1138 04-04-14 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by mnementh (Post 12067285)
Amy willing to buy both a PS4 and Xbox One makes me want a girlfriend just like her.

I think she was willing to do it just to shut him up and get him out of the damn store.

madcougar 04-04-14 08:42 AM

Amy feigning interest in the console debate may have been Mayim Bialik's best scene on the show to date. I almost lost my shit when she yelled at him to pass the butter.

I was also really glad to see Raj FINALLY get some run with a girl. I hope they don't ever go back to the sad sack/semi homosexual Raj and let the character finally evolve.

Also hoping this movie role leads to some success for Penny. Seven years is plenty long for her to be struggling actress.

Double_Oh_7 04-04-14 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 12067417)
They're ALMOST on track to what we've discussed around here... Penny getting a break from Will Wheaton. Maybe this will lead to something...

Again, if Will Wheaton had that kind of pull in Hollywood his own career would be in better shape

Raul3 04-04-14 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by fumanstan (Post 12067237)
I was thinking the same thing, that one of the companies would be unhappy if Sheldon picked the other. I pointed out to my girlfriend that everything Sheldon was saying about the consoles were true.

Bernadette was super cute choosing the Wii, she seemed so proud of herself.

Before the show I saw a tweet from Xbox that was something like "Sheldon, Sheldon, Sheldon", something along the lines of Penny, *knock*, Penny, *knock*, so I thought he was going to choose an Xbox. But I didn't check if Sony tweeted something similar.

mhg83 04-04-14 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose (Post 12067371)
The last game system I owned was a Coleco. Is the Wii really as lame as Sheldon said?

Because the Wii was a last gen console she had no idea what she was talking about. She should've said Wii U

movieking 04-04-14 03:54 PM

Good episode with some great parts, namely the dinner scene & the opening with Bernadette's card.

Jason 04-04-14 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Oh good, I was afraid that they weren't going to beat that gag into the ground.

Bob Newhart is 84. Better use him while they can.

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138 (Post 12067249)
Why not just buy both and switch out the HDMI port?

Not enough room in his entertainment console.

Originally Posted by madcougar (Post 12067471)
Also hoping this movie role leads to some success for Penny. Seven years is plenty long for her to be struggling actress.

She'll just end up in a series of low budget crap, which will be good fodder for the show.

Raul3 04-04-14 04:24 PM

In case you didn't see the vanity card:
http://www.chucklorre.com/images/vc451.jpg
http://www.chucklorre.com/index-bbt.php?p=451

wearetheborg 04-04-14 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by madcougar (Post 12067471)
Amy feigning interest in the console debate may have been Mayim Bialik's best scene on the show to date. I almost lost my shit when she yelled at him to pass the butter.

That was a great scene.

movieking 04-04-14 08:36 PM

A little offtopic but as there has been a lot of discussion over the years, Kaley Cuoco recently said in an interview that the breast implants that she got when she was doing (or just finishing) 8 Simple Rules was ghe best devision she ever made. So that answers that question whether or not she had implants.