Reload this Page >

The Tomorrow People -- "Smoke and Mirrors" -- 3/31/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-31-14, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

"Smoke and Mirrors" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

QUESTIONING ALLIANCES - Fed up with Jedikiah's (Mark Pellegrino) constant lies about his father, Stephen (Robbie Amell) makes a choice about his alliances. Trusting in Ultra and Hillary (guest star Alexa Vega), Stephen wants to bring in a break-out to Ultra to see if things have really changed, much to Cara's (Peyton List) dismay. Meanwhile, Stephen's brother (guest star Jacob Kogan) goes missing after Jedikiah forces Stephen to protect him. Luke Mitchell and Aaron Yoo also star. Dermott Downs directed the episode written by Jeff Rake and Leigh Dana Jackson (#118).

Episode 18 of 22

I like this show, but things aren't looking good. Last week was the lowest rated episode of the series. Mondays on The CW are an awful night in the ratings dept.
Old 04-01-14, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Tomorrow People -- "Smoke and Mirrors" -- 3/31/14

Beer? The show really wants to ignore his age. They did point out he's eighteen which does not help with the beer issue.

And joy, the whiney kid that is worried about being a freak with telekinesis, telepathy and teleportation. I would be disappointed if I did NOT have powers regardless of what anyone thought, yep, even as a teenager. Standard human is BORING!

Last edited by Xiroteus; 04-01-14 at 02:42 AM.
Old 04-01-14, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Virtually no teenager in today's world would be upset with superhuman powers. It's an emotional angle that doesn't really work anymore unless the power comes with a heavy price, like a physical deformity. Even Marvel has dropped that angle from Spider-Man, the inventors of that storyline.

They basically rebooted the entire show's formula in this episode. They finally decided calling him the Founder became stupid.

I wonder when they kill off Stephen's high school friend? The show has gone in a completely different direction, away from her.
Old 04-01-14, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I rather they not kill his friend.

I have to agree that no sane teenager or person would have an issue with having super powers unless there was a huge negative that goes along with it. Remember when they did that on Smallville and Heroes with the younger characters. Normal sucks! Enjoy your powers!
Old 04-09-14, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Been behind on shows so playing catchup.

I really hope this show gets renewed for 6-13 episodes to finish up a storyline. CW would gain some good will.

I agree things have been a bit shakey lately. They have some good ideas, but are being too formulaic to develop the ideas and plot threads fully.

No way the founder is legit in his intentions. Probably similar plot to Xmen with virus in the big machine. That or freeze time then run around and kill humans.

Astrid - his high school friend - is still around. Admit they have dropped the high school angle. Wish they would have had him been in community college since the beginning.

Also, Stevens actions aren't really rational. Reminds me of Smallville where Clark would just barge in and demand answers without knowing all the facts. Then run off and make I'll informed decisions.

Oh and what about their mom?!? Huge reveal, next episode she says she is sorry; then I'm pretty sure we haven't seen her since!

Last edited by Superman07; 04-09-14 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-09-14, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't think many of the key events from this season were mapped out in advance except for the stuff with Jed. It's been apparent they've rebooted the show at least two different times this season. If we get a second season, I doubt Stephen's entire family makes it.