The Blacklist -- "Milton Bobbit" -- 3/31/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-31-14, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

"MILTON BOBBIT"

03/31/2014 (10:01PM - 11:00PM) (Monday) : "THE UNDERTAKER" SELLS THE PERFECT MURDER - DAMIAN YOUNG ("CALIFORNICATION") GUEST STARS -

Red (James Spader) and the team are on the hunt for "The Undertaker" (guest star Damian Young) - a life insurance claim adjuster who convinces ordinary people to become contract killers. Meanwhile, Liz (Megan Boone) works with Red to uncover Tom's (Ryan Eggold) secrets. Diego Klattenhoff, Parminder Nagra & Harry Lennix also star. TV-14 V

Episode 18 of 22
Old 03-31-14, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: The Blacklist -- "Milton Bobbit" -- 3/31/14

More good stuff with Tom. Guess you don't ask about Berlin. With what happened to Craig you'd think Berlin would pull Tom out. Being cuffed, they would have to assume he was helped out the window.
Old 04-01-14, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once again, the Tom plot is better than the blacklist person, but I enjoyed the episode.

I hope in season two they will have more arcs covering several episodes (dedicated to a single blacklist member), rather than one per episode
Old 04-01-14, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Isn't the blacklist supposed to be criminals that Red wants to gets rid of? It's a list he created, of criminals the FBI doesn't know about. Seems, lately, they are bad guys that do something to get the FBI's attention and then Red is able to provide info on them. It's not like, out of the blue, Red says we need to get so-and-so taken care if. Maybe my perception isn't correct.

Or maybe Tom is Red's blacklist target.
Old 04-01-14, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

The Undertaker had potential, especially with that crazy taxi opening sequence, but I agree Lizzie infiltrating Tom and the interrogation of the "brother" were the most interesting plot points.

I have to wonder who #1 on the Blacklist is or if they won't be touched until a later season or close to the end of the series?
Old 04-01-14, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post

I have to wonder who #1 on the Blacklist is or if they won't be touched until a later season or close to the end of the series?
My guess is that Red proclaims that he is #1 on the blacklist in the final season and what he is doing now is taking out his competition
Old 04-02-14, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MLBFan24 View Post
My guess is that Red proclaims that he is #1 on the blacklist in the final season and what he is doing now is taking out his competition
I'm pretty sure the whole list was concocted to off Red's competition. Or we'll find out something like Liz's mom is #1 on it.
Old 04-02-14, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't know about you guys but the whole convoluted life insurance scam storyline didn't make a whole lot of sense. And I sell it for a living. Go figure.
Old 04-02-14, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan1boy View Post
I don't know about you guys but the whole convoluted life insurance scam storyline didn't make a whole lot of sense. And I sell it for a living. Go figure.

I don't think the writers understood it, either. Most hour-long shows have A and B story threads running in an episode and the blacklister in this case was the B plot. That black list case was all about the gruesome facial deformity.