DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Blacklist -- "Milton Bobbit" -- 3/31/14 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/619171-blacklist-milton-bobbit-3-31-14-a.html)

DJariya 03-31-14 06:19 PM

The Blacklist -- "Milton Bobbit" -- 3/31/14

https://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/...51134080_o.jpg

"MILTON BOBBIT"

03/31/2014 (10:01PM - 11:00PM) (Monday) : "THE UNDERTAKER" SELLS THE PERFECT MURDER - DAMIAN YOUNG ("CALIFORNICATION") GUEST STARS -

Red (James Spader) and the team are on the hunt for "The Undertaker" (guest star Damian Young) - a life insurance claim adjuster who convinces ordinary people to become contract killers. Meanwhile, Liz (Megan Boone) works with Red to uncover Tom's (Ryan Eggold) secrets. Diego Klattenhoff, Parminder Nagra & Harry Lennix also star. TV-14 V

Episode 18 of 22

TomOpus 03-31-14 11:06 PM

Re: The Blacklist -- "Milton Bobbit" -- 3/31/14

More good stuff with Tom. Guess you don't ask about Berlin. With what happened to Craig you'd think Berlin would pull Tom out. Being cuffed, they would have to assume he was helped out the window.

MLBFan24 04-01-14 02:29 AM

Once again, the Tom plot is better than the blacklist person, but I enjoyed the episode.

I hope in season two they will have more arcs covering several episodes (dedicated to a single blacklist member), rather than one per episode

TomOpus 04-01-14 08:23 AM

Isn't the blacklist supposed to be criminals that Red wants to gets rid of? It's a list he created, of criminals the FBI doesn't know about. Seems, lately, they are bad guys that do something to get the FBI's attention and then Red is able to provide info on them. It's not like, out of the blue, Red says we need to get so-and-so taken care if. Maybe my perception isn't correct.

Or maybe Tom is Red's blacklist target.

DJariya 04-01-14 03:18 PM

The Undertaker had potential, especially with that crazy taxi opening sequence, but I agree Lizzie infiltrating Tom and the interrogation of the "brother" were the most interesting plot points.

I have to wonder who #1 on the Blacklist is or if they won't be touched until a later season or close to the end of the series?

MLBFan24 04-01-14 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 12064403)

I have to wonder who #1 on the Blacklist is or if they won't be touched until a later season or close to the end of the series?

My guess is that Red proclaims that he is #1 on the blacklist in the final season and what he is doing now is taking out his competition

PhantomStranger 04-02-14 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by MLBFan24 (Post 12064916)
My guess is that Red proclaims that he is #1 on the blacklist in the final season and what he is doing now is taking out his competition

I'm pretty sure the whole list was concocted to off Red's competition. Or we'll find out something like Liz's mom is #1 on it.

Dan1boy 04-02-14 11:30 AM

I don't know about you guys but the whole convoluted life insurance scam storyline didn't make a whole lot of sense. And I sell it for a living. Go figure.

PhantomStranger 04-02-14 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dan1boy (Post 12065332)
I don't know about you guys but the whole convoluted life insurance scam storyline didn't make a whole lot of sense. And I sell it for a living. Go figure.

:lol:
I don't think the writers understood it, either. Most hour-long shows have A and B story threads running in an episode and the blacklister in this case was the B plot. That black list case was all about the gruesome facial deformity.