DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Friends With Better Lives (CBS) - Season 1 Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/619165-friends-better-lives-cbs-season-1-thread.html)

dex14 03-31-14 07:14 AM

Friends With Better Lives (CBS) - Season 1 Thread

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/...88076697_n.jpg

FRIENDS WITH BETTER LIVES is a romantic comedy about six friends at different stages in their lives - married, divorced, newly engaged and single - who are outwardly happy, but secretly questioning if their friends have it better. Andi (Majandra Delfino) and Bobby (Kevin Connolly) are happily married with two kids but at times long for the days they had less responsibility and more fun; Will (James Van Der Beek) is newly single and preaching the bachelor lifestyle, but still pining for his ex-wife; Jules (Brooklyn Decker) and Lowell (Rick Donald) are high on their passionate new relationship; and Kate (Zoe Lister Jones) has a successful career but may take a swan dive into the L.A. River when she finds out her last remaining single friend, Jules, just got engaged. When it comes to relationships, these six friends are finding it a challenge to look at each other without wondering... who really has the better life? Dana Klein and Aaron Kaplan are executive producers for Twentieth Century Fox Television. Emmy Award winner James Burrows directed the pilot.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Brooklyn Decker as Jules
· James Van Der Beek as Will
· Kevin Connolly as Bobby
· Majandra Delfino as Andi
· Rick Donald as Lowell
· Zoe Lister-Jones as Kate

CREW INFORMATION:
· Aaron Kaplan as EP
· Dana Klein as CRTR/EP
· James Burrows as DIR (Pilot)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ly9tRQxcf6E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Brack 03-31-14 08:42 AM

Re: Friends With Better Lives (CBS) - Season 1 Thread

I'll give it a shot, but the promo ads for it didn't do much to impress me.

dex14 03-31-14 08:51 AM

Yea... I'm in only for The Beek. I'm not expecting much.

Brack 03-31-14 08:54 AM

I liked Connolly on Entourage, he seems like a good fit for this type of show, if it works.

boogieman03 03-31-14 09:01 AM

Previews kinda look funny. Hope it's good.

madcougar 03-31-14 09:14 AM

Is it weird that Bob Saget is doing a voice over on this?

Gizmo 03-31-14 09:22 AM

Maybe.

CBS hasn't renewed a Midseason comedy since Rules of Engagement so I may not bother. Wait, laugh track, I'm out.

dex14 04-01-14 09:28 AM

It was... alright. The Australian guy is really annoying. I got a good laugh with the short man reveal. I thought Brooklyn Decker used to be hot? Not so much anymore. I thought E's wife was better looking over all.

madcougar 04-01-14 12:26 PM

Gotta admit, I was so pissed at the HIMYM finale, I erased this from my DVR and didn't bother.

davidh777 04-02-14 01:03 AM

I kept expecting Van Der Beek to be playing himself like he did in Don't Trust the B. :)

It was pretty funny. I might watch some more.

Doug Heffernan 04-02-14 08:29 AM

Horrible. Can't writers actually be creative anymore and do something other than 7th grade level over the top sex jokes? The breast pump thing was ridiculous.

marty888 04-02-14 08:35 AM

Some appealing performers ...... maybe next time out they can get on something called <i>Friends with Better Writers</i> ....

mnementh 04-05-14 07:29 PM

Do the characters all live together? Hanging out in that living room all the time makes it seem like they do.

Charlie Goose 04-06-14 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Doug Heffernan (Post 12065190)
Horrible. Can't writers actually be creative anymore and do something other than 7th grade level over the top sex jokes? The breast pump thing was ridiculous.

And the surprise party gag where the guest of honor does something embarassing before he or she knows everyone is there.

Standard forced situations, and as of yet unlikeable characters. I'll give it another episode or two to see what happens.

DRG 04-07-14 02:22 PM

I couldn't make it through the whole thing. It all just felt too forced. Even on a sitcom level I couldn't suspend belief that these characters were real people who exist for any reason other than to supply jokes... and not very good ones, at that.

Charlie Goose 05-11-14 12:38 AM

Officially cancelled.

Ropes Pierre 05-11-14 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose (Post 12103134)
Officially cancelled.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmwfkiC5Du1qjjtla.jpg

Gizmo 05-11-14 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose (Post 12103134)
Officially cancelled.

Word around the internet is they are trying to shop the show around. Yep, a show which aired in Mid Season and had 4 episodes aired, currently the lowest rated program on Monday nights and only a total of 13 episode produced is trying to find another home. They seem so sure...

Original Desmond 09-03-14 12:27 AM

Unaired episodes have been aired ! yay !