Reload this Page >

Resurrection -- "Us Against the World" -- 3/30/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-30-14, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

BELLAMY AND SHERIFF FRED INVESTIGATE A MURDER AND PASTOR TOM TENDS TO THE THIRD RETURNED, ON "RESURRECTION" ON ABC

"Us Against The World" - Bellamy and Sheriff Fred form an uneasy partnership to find Caleb, who has gone on the run after Dale's murder. After Jacob suffers a seizure, Maggie gives him a checkup at the clinic and is shocked by what she finds. Pastor Tom adjusts to the unexpected presence of his old love Rachael (guest star Kathleen Munroe) in Arcadia, on "Resurrection," SUNDAY, MARCH 30 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Resurrection" stars Omar Epps as J. Martin Bellamy, Frances Fisher as Lucille Langston, Matt Craven as Fred Langston, Devin Kelley as Maggie Langston, Mark Hildreth as Pastor Tom Hale, Samaire Armstrong as Elaine Richards, Sam Hazeldine as Caleb Richards, Landon Gimenez as Jacob and Kurtwood Smith as Henry Langston.

Guest starring are Veronica Cartwright as Helen Edgerton, Kathleen Munroe as Rachael Braidwood, Lori Beth Sikes as Janine Hale, Ned Bellamy as Samuel Catlin, Travis Young as Ray Richards, Jason Saucier as Dale Getheard, and Kevin Sizemore as Gary Humphrey.

"Us Against The World" was written by Nathaniel Halpern and directed by Ron Underwood.

Episode 4 of 8
Old 03-31-14, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: Resurrection -- "Us Against the World" -- 3/30/14

No one? I'm not sure putting this show up against The Walking Dead was such a good idea. Scratch that, I know it wasn't a good idea.

They didn't really go over the reasons why she was unhappy and decided to commit suicide after her engagement.

I like the female cast on Resurrection, they didn't cast models in every role. I think not making Omar Epps' character an FBI agent or something was the wrong move, an immigration agent would not have this kind of authority.
Old 03-31-14, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This episode was the weakest of the four.
Old 03-31-14, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Still scored a pretty decent 2.3 for ABC.
Old 03-31-14, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I am truly worried about the Kurtwood Smith's character. He looks like he will have a heart attack every time he is on the screen. Why do they have him running around all the time?
Old 03-31-14, 05:19 PM

I didn't like what I heard in the preview for next week's episode by Caleb - something about "lots of them are coming!". I have the feeling it's turning into a zombie/walking dead show now. Damn.
Old 04-01-14, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by mickey65 View Post
I didn't like what I heard in the preview for next week's episode by Caleb - something about "lots of them are coming!". I have the feeling it's turning into a zombie/walking dead show now. Damn.
I think the show writers are following the book
Spoiler:
In, the novel that the show is based, people in various parts of the world return and there are some vignette type chapters that tell some of those people's stories.