The Walking Dead -- Season Finale -- "A" -- 3/30/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead -- Season Finale -- "A" -- 3/30/14

Old 03-30-14, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Walking Dead -- Season Finale -- "A" -- 3/30/14

Originally Posted by DthRdrX View Post
Watching the replay I noticed that when Rick's group was basically being herded toward freight car "A" they heard people yelling help from the train cars they ran past. So there are more people being held all over Terminus.
Yeah, at first I thought those guys had terrible aim, but they were leading them with the gunfire.

I thought it was an OK finale, really felt like kind of a wasted season though. They really should have finished off the prison arc last season, and jumped right into the second story arc of this season. Then we could have had 8 eps of the Terminus stuff. They didn't need those first 8 episodes for Rick's character arc.
Old 03-30-14, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Very suspenseful and well done finale. It kept building and I kept dreading that someone was going to bite it. I am glad no one died. I want to see the ricktator Rick and the crew take out these hippies cannibals.
Old 03-30-14, 11:20 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Why oh why didn't they have Rick say the f word at the end and just bleep it out?

Good episode, not a good season finale
Old 03-30-14, 11:23 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by redrum View Post
Why oh why didn't they have Rick say the f word at the end and just bleep it out?
I agree, wouldve had much more of an impact.
Old 03-30-14, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 280 Likes on 177 Posts

Glad it ended on a comic book note... and I never thought I'd say this, but I'm a bit disappointed and I can wait for October.
Old 03-30-14, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

I don't know, I really liked this episode and the season. It was stretched out and well, I liked that a lot of episodes felt like bottle episodes that helped us expand on the characters. Not to mention that it gave us a little bit of a breather from one fixed location like how we were always at the prison, the governors village, etc.

I like the twist on the hunters story arch and I'm looking forward to next season. Though I wish that Beth would have been name dropped or even touched on what exactly happened to her. I'm sure she'll just pop up in one of the shipping crates next season.
Old 03-31-14, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 475 Likes on 410 Posts

I think I'm going to bail on this show. I really like a couple of the characters but the writing and overall plotting is not up to the standards of a best-rated show on cable television.

I'm not sure why Rick would send his entire team into Terminus at once, you always leave a man behind if something goes wrong or there are hostiles. No one has ever accused him of being a genius, so I guess it was true to the character.

I think Beth is almost certainly intended for the spin-off now. If she were dead, they would have revealed that by the finale. I doubt the main show ever hears of her ultimate destiny.
Old 03-31-14, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
I think I'm going to bail on this show. I really like a couple of the characters but the writing and overall plotting is not up to the standards of a best-rated show on cable television.

I'm not sure why Rick would send his entire team into Terminus at once, you always leave a man behind if something goes wrong or there are hostiles. No one has ever accused him of being a genius, so I guess it was true to the character.

I think Beth is almost certainly intended for the spin-off now. If she were dead, they would have revealed that by the finale. I doubt the main show ever hears of her ultimate destiny.
Daryl is going to find her. Then him and Beth are going to get it on! After revealing she is carrying Daryl's child, Beth is zombie food. Calling it here first.
Old 03-31-14, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Really liked the episode, lots of tension, really thought they were setting up Carl to die there at the end
Old 03-31-14, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
They've already said that none of the characters from The Walking Dead will be on the spin-off. She's alive and we'll find out what happened to her next season.
Old 03-31-14, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A sanctuary that isn't a sanctuary. In The Walking Dead! Who would have thunk?
Old 03-31-14, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by superdeluxe View Post
Really liked the episode, lots of tension, really thought they were setting up Carl to die there at the end
It was one of the most tense episodes of the series for me. It felt like any of those 4 could have died throughout the episode.
Old 03-31-14, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by thelwig14 View Post
Some of you guys are hard to please.

A very average season at best with an awesome finale.

I just hope they carry this energy to next season.
+1. I really don't know what people are expecting from the show. I just wish the haters would follow through on their promises to quit the show instead of turning up like clockwork every week to bitch about how it's the worst thing on tv.

Watching the replay I noticed that when Rick's group was basically being herded toward freight car "A" they heard people yelling help from the train cars they ran past. So there are more people being held all over Terminus.
There were folks yelling for help when they passed those stacked boxcars in one yard.
Old 03-31-14, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Nausicaa View Post
Yeah, at first I thought those guys had terrible aim, but they were leading them with the gunfire.
Yep, and Rick explained how the technique works when he was showing Carl how a snare works. Foreshadowing!
Old 03-31-14, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Am I the only one that thinks that was Tyrese and Carol in that container?
Old 03-31-14, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm surprised that Carl didn't get shot. It looked like he was going to do something stupid like reach for a gun.

People complain about the wasting of ammo by Rick's group. Terminus probably used more ammo in that one scene than Rick's group the entire series.
Old 03-31-14, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

Well, considering how many people they've probably lured into this siren's song of hope in Terminus, I'm sure they got plenty of ammo to spare of all those who came before them.
Old 03-31-14, 02:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tom Creo View Post
Was Karl
Spoiler:
deflowered?
Keep looking at the flowers, Karl.

Originally Posted by RocShemp View Post
That last line by Rick was awesome.
But still not as good as the similar line delivered by the narrator in the "Machete" trailer from Grindhouse.
Old 03-31-14, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wouldn't be surprised that they are at terminus the entire 5th season, based on budget and pacing of the show.

No complaints really about the finale. Yes I wish a regular died. But any time they follow the script of the comic I usually dig it. The first half was straight from the comic with Michonne replacing Abraham. It was a pretty intense issue in the comics, and pretty well done for TV. I was kinda disappointed that not a whole lot happened in Terminus. But I did like the feel of this show. A bit tense and dark. It's a decent cliff hanger.

There was a build up that something was going to happen to Carl or a big surprise was coming for Beth with all the flash backs of her, but nothing happened. I thought the flashbacks to the prison added nothing. Felt like they just had to milk a few more minutes out of the prison and pay homage to Hershel.

Last edited by Jacoby Ellsbury; 03-31-14 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-31-14, 07:11 AM

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by superdeluxe View Post
Why would they kill him? He's an appetizer at this point.
Old 03-31-14, 07:15 AM

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by dalbowski View Post
Am I the only one that thinks that was Tyrese and Carol in that container?
I don't think they're there yet. They took that break at the house, but you could easily be right.
Old 03-31-14, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Jacoby Ellsbury View Post
I thought the flashbacks to the prison added nothing. Felt like they just had to milk a few more minutes out of the prison and pay homage to Hershel.
I thought it was a good juxtaposition between what they did at the prison and trying to farm and rebuild versus what this group is doing at Terminus. Also, they showed clues about Rick and Herschel giving Glenn his watch, Glenn's body armor, Daryl's poncho, the backpack so Rick seeing those objects again at the bbq made sense.
Old 03-31-14, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

I loved the Finale (I am a huge Rick fan), and can't wait for Season 5. I think people will appreciate the 2nd half of Season 4 a few years from now, because I call it the 'character development' season. We needed to be reintroduced to the characters and how their arc has changed or stayed the same since the apocalypse, and now it looks like no holds bard for Season 5!
Old 03-31-14, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty View Post
Yep, and Rick explained how the technique works when he was showing Carl how a snare works. Foreshadowing!
Speaking of foreshadowing....the event that shows Rick can 'do what has to be done to survive' is taking a bite out of another living human.

So we can sympathize with the Terminus folks...they are just doing what has to be done to survive.
Old 03-31-14, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

sucks that daryls temp group couldnt merge with ricks group...

but it was badass to see rick go ape shit on him

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.