DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Good Wife -- "The Last Call"-- 30 March 2014 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/619145-good-wife-last-call-30-march-2014-a.html)

wearetheborg 03-30-14 05:23 AM

The Good Wife -- "The Last Call"-- 30 March 2014

Written by Robert King & Michelle King

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ivWX1b9wiE...ome-138759.jpg

mortalplague 03-31-14 06:09 AM

Re: The Good Wife -- "The Last Call"-- 30 March 2014

lol Did everyone stop watching this show after last week?

Bandoman 03-31-14 07:18 AM

I loved it when Diane fired that asshole client.

slop101 03-31-14 10:42 AM

Having been through people dying suddenly, I think they handled that aspect pretty well.

But I do have to say, Diane going from the courthouse, to the hospital, finding out Will's dead, and back to the office to talk to the partners without anyone in the office already having heard about the shooting is some unbelievable bullshit.

wearetheborg 03-31-14 10:45 AM

Liked angry Cary.

Nausicaa 03-31-14 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by wearetheborg (Post 12062773)
Liked angry Cary.

Yeah, I haven't liked Cary that much since Season 1.

I said sit down...

wearetheborg 03-31-14 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Nausicaa (Post 12062783)
I said sit down...

I said sit the hell down.

davidh777 03-31-14 11:45 AM

I liked the people who had confused reactions to the news--it rang true and believable to me.

"Will's dead."
"What, I don't understand."

Did Diane can the intern because she thought she was a phony whose short time with Will didn't warrant that reaction?

I guess I was correct in that the LA expansion is indeed off the table. :lol:

BDB 03-31-14 05:34 PM

Everyone was dealing with it in their own way. Super follow up episode..

I was glad to read that

regarding the future.. you saw it in the coming up next last week
Spoiler:

MJ Fox is only back for 4 episodes

DJariya 03-31-14 05:41 PM

:thumbsup: Great follow up to last week.

Some really emotional scenes with Alicia and how she was dealing with Will's death and what he really meant to her.

I really surprised to see David Lee break down.

:lol: at how Kalinda was antagonizing Will's killer with the belt.

mikehunt 03-31-14 07:22 PM

David Lee showing emotion (other than anger/hate) was surprising

mikehunt 03-31-14 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by davidh777 (Post 12062888)
Did Diane can the intern because she thought she was a phony whose short time with Will didn't warrant that reaction?

I'm thinking either that or that she was doing it very loudly in the hall instead of going into an empty office/conference room/bathroom

Canis Firebrand 03-31-14 08:18 PM

Yeah, I was a bit confused on that intern as well and why she was fired. Liked seeing Alicia and Diane kind of get on speaking terms as a way to cope with the tragedy. I always liked Diane's character. Interesting seeing David Lee have a bit of an emotional moment. I was glad to see that Kalinda didn't actually give the kid the belt. That would have really caused some issues.
Cary's handling of the deposition was great. I wonder how much more we're going to hear about Damien.

Finally.. I wonder if Alica will get some closure on Will and what could have been. It seemed like Will was starting to move on and consider forgiving Alicia.

TheKing 03-31-14 10:44 PM

The one thing I disliked was that Alicia came off as really selfish here. I mean here she is trying to solve the mystery of Will's last message by questioning everyone about it. Holding up the Judge on his way home, talking to the DA who got shot with only a hint of concern about him on her part.

I get grief, but they pulled her a bit too far in the wrong direction.

Gunde 04-01-14 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by mikehunt (Post 12063395)
David Lee showing emotion (other than anger/hate) was surprising

And a fine bit of acting :up:

TimeandTide 04-01-14 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Canis Firebrand (Post 12063472)
Yeah, I was a bit confused on that intern as well and why she was fired.

I got the impression that Will was perhaps sleeping with her. Diane did say later that Will was moving quickly/recklessly, or something to that effect. Wouldn't be out of character for him to sleep with an occasional intern, and I see it as a continuation of that silly Tattoed Will phase.

Or maybe Diane just loathes weakness. (The intern's reaction did run counter to Diane's composure, despite the sudden loss of her best friend.)

Anyway, another powerful ep. Loved Cary, and this was the first time I wasn't annoyed by Kalinda's cop friend. (Or Kalinda, for that matter. This show features such great acting that Archie Panjani is often the show's weak link, IMO.)

lisadoris 04-02-14 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by TimeandTide (Post 12064967)
Or maybe Diane just loathes weakness. (The intern's reaction did run counter to Diane's composure, despite the sudden loss of her best friend.)

I thought it was this and the Diane thought that the intern's reaction was completely out of proportion with how long she had known Will. I loved the fact that Diane fired the idiot client and got him blackballed from two other firms. How selfish do you have to be to insist on discussing your case immediately, it wasn't like it was a criminal case.

slop101 04-02-14 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by TimeandTide (Post 12064967)
I got the impression that Will was perhaps sleeping with her. Diane did say later that Will was moving quickly/recklessly, or something to that effect. Wouldn't be out of character for him to sleep with an occasional intern, and I see it as a continuation of that silly Tattoed Will phase.

No, I doubt that, as Will's never really been established as much of a playboy, at least not the kind that would be banging an intern on the side - he always wanted someone that challenged him.

I think that's the reason.

Canis Firebrand 04-02-14 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by lisadoris (Post 12065106)
I thought it was this and the Diane thought that the intern's reaction was completely out of proportion with how long she had known Will. I loved the fact that Diane fired the idiot client and got him blackballed from two other firms. How selfish do you have to be to insist on discussing your case immediately, it wasn't like it was a criminal case.

I loved that scene with Diane. We haven't really seen much of this side of her on the show. It was great when the guy backpedaled and she stood her ground and fired him. Then the client was all smug saying he'd go to other firms and Diane said she spoke with those firms and they don't want you either. :lol:

sherm42 04-02-14 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by TheKing (Post 12063626)
The one thing I disliked was that Alicia came off as really selfish here. I mean here she is trying to solve the mystery of Will's last message by questioning everyone about it. Holding up the Judge on his way home, talking to the DA who got shot with only a hint of concern about him on her part.

I get grief, but they pulled her a bit too far in the wrong direction.

Kind of agree with this. Really sets up the argument she is going to have with Peter where he calls her a selfish bitch.