Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Cagayan -- "We Found Our Zombies" -- 3/26/14

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-14, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Survivor: Cagayan -- "We Found Our Zombies" -- 3/26/14

A SHOCKING BLINDSIDE LEAVES ONE CASTAWAY QUESTIONING THEIR RESOLVE TO PLAY THE GAME, ON "SURVIVOR," WEDNESDAY, MARCH 26

"We Found Our Zombies" - A shocking blindside leaves one castaway questioning their resolve to play the game. Meanwhile, a camp raid leaves one tribe scrounging for supplies while another revels in comfort, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, March 26 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CASTAWAYS:

Solana Tribe
Jefra Bland
Trish Hegarty
Yung "Woo" Hwang
LJ McKanas
Lindsey Ogle
Cliff Robinson (5th Voted Off)
Tony Vlachos

Aparri Tribe
Spencer Bledsoe
Latasha "Tasha" Fox
Sarah Lacina
Alexis Maxwell
Morgan McLeod
Kassandra "Kass" McQuillen
Jeremiah Wood

Eliminated Castaways:

Brains Tribe
David Samson (1st Voted Off)
Garrett Adelstein (2nd Voted Off)
J'Tia Taylor (4th Voted Off)

Beauty Tribe
Brice Johnston (3rd Voted Off)
Old 03-26-14, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Re: Survivor: Cagayan -- "We Found Our Zombies" -- 3/26/14

They really need to do something about all the quitting.
Old 03-26-14, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts

Oh boy. Some fans are not gonna be happy with who got voted off.
Old 03-26-14, 08:17 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Crybaby. She was trying WAY too hard to get rid of Jeremiah.
Old 03-26-14, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Trish and Tony are like fingernails on a chalkboard for me. If they make it to the end ... I probably won't be able to.

They were laying on hints on Jeremiah going home too thick for it to happen. The sex imbalance was killing that tribe so they had to vote out a girl. Like a lot of times in this game, editing makes it seem close when the vote shows it was anything but.

Goddamn quitter though Not even the elements or physical breakdown or homesickness. Just "Someone's being mean to me".
Spoiler:
Made even worse since if she stuck it out she would've made the merge and been able to ruin the game of those she hated.
Old 03-26-14, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

No one? People don't seem to be mentioning the revelation that Trish used to be a man. Was that a joke, because the editing was very strange with a quick cut after he/she said it?
Old 03-26-14, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
No one? People don't seem to be mentioning the revelation that Trish used to be a man. Was that a joke, because the editing was very strange with a quick cut after he/she said it?
I'm pretty sure that was a joke.
Old 03-27-14, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yay! tits survives to live another week. I'm sure her game plan now is to just stay quiet. No good could come from her talking.
Old 03-27-14, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
I'm pretty sure that was a joke.
We should find out soon. A revelation like that is bound to get media attention in the morning if it's true.
Old 03-27-14, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jackskeleton
yay! Tits survives to live another week. I'm sure her game plan now is to just stay quiet. No good could come from her talking.
:d
Old 03-27-14, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife thought that Trish was joking about really being a man, however the way she said it (or maybe how that was edited) i definitely thought "she" was serious. I haven't seen too many other mentions about this and she does have children, so I'm guessing it was a joke. What does it say about Trish that plenty of people would agree with her statement?
Old 03-27-14, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I thought it was true for a moment until they didnt have a clip about her/him talking about her/his struggles through life
Old 03-27-14, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think she was joking but I bet she was probably made fun of in school for not looking totally feminine.
Old 03-27-14, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Here's the weekly EW 4-question recap with Jeff. He talks about his take on Lindsey quitting and Tony's game play. I spoilerized it since they also talk about what was shown in the preview for next week.

Spoiler:
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Take us inside how the Lindsey quit went down. How soon after Tribal Council did you get the call? And what does your gut tell you in terms of what made her quit, because we have heard her from time to time during the season talk about feeling miserable out there and regretting signing up for this adventure. Do you believe it was because of Trish blasting her? Because she couldn’t take it out in the elements? Or a combination of the two?
JEFF PROBST: I got the call around an hour after tribal council ended. I had gone back to base camp when the producer on the beach radioed to say there was a pretty intense argument going on between Lindsey and Trish and Lindsey had removed herself from the situation. It’s not unusual for people to be upset after a tribal but for one person to remove themselves from the situation was unusual. I hopped in a boat and headed out to the beach. Lindsey was sitting alone in the sand just like you saw in the episode. I sat down to talk to her and it was clear she was pulling herself from the game.

As difficult as it is to lose someone from the game in this manner, I was really impressed with the way Lindsey handled it. She was so upset with Trish that she was genuinely concerned she might get physical with her if she stayed in the game. She wanted to show her daughter a good example of how to handle a situation like that — remove yourself from the situation. As for whether there were other contributing factors such as fatigue and regret, only Lindsey knows for sure.

EW: So when you have someone unexpectedly quit like Lindsey, how does that alter your schedule in terms of when things happen? For example, would you have merged with 12 people had Lindsey not quit, or was there another tribe immunity challenge that you ended up having to scrap because you got to 11 players earlier that anticipated?
PROBST: We always start with more than enough players because we anticipate evacuations or quits. So typically it doesn’t impact the game in any meaningful way. We always know before we start how many finalists we will have and how big the jury will be. That’s the most important decision and then we engineer backwards from there. And even then we have wiggle room if something happens late in the game and we lose someone who cannot be on the jury. We’ve gotten pretty good at the math of Survivor so that we can let the players play their own game and we’ll adjust as we need to without ever impacting the integrity of the game. That’s the key. Lindsey’s quit did not impact when we merged nor did it impact the size of the jury or the number of finalists.

EW: I’m not sure I’ve seen someone play so consistently aggressive as Tony. But is it too aggressive? Certain moves — like giving Jeremiah that clue so that the other tribe would target their strongest member — were interesting, while others — like drawing attention to all of the lying he has been doing and yelling “Top 5, baby!” after winning a challenge — seem counterproductive. What’s your take on his gameplay so far?
PROBST: Tony is one of the most electrifying players we’ve ever had participate. As you suggest, he is consistently inconsistent and that is flat out fantastic to watch. Tony is playing to win. He doesn’t care about second place. He doesn’t care what the other players will think of him when the game is over, and they learn what he was really saying and doing behind their backs. He is only interested in managing them on a day to day basis with the intention of moving forward every day. He’s one of the most elastic players too; he can adapt very quickly and is obviously very quick on his feet. What gets him in trouble and could be his downfall is his inability to think — just for a moment — before speaking. That one little personality quirk has taken down a lot of people in this game.

EW: We saw the big merge in the preview for next week. What can you tease up about it, sir?
PROBST: One of the most enjoyable aspects of this season is it’s absolute unpredictability. People who are in control on day one of an episode are often on the outs by day three, and if they survive tribal they can be back on top ten hours later. The merge episode is fantastic. Huge moments. The immunity challenge will have you on the edge of your seat. Tribal…. good luck figuring out who is going home. The game is that unpredictable. This season is going to continue to be a fun ride.
Old 03-27-14, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Lindsey quitting was lame. I was surprised Jeff wasn't more critical about it during the episode. His comments indicate he was impressed with it?
Old 03-27-14, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

I can't believe there was even a debate over whether Jeremiah was being honest about that immunity clue. Seriously, no one even asked WHY part of a reward for winning a challenge would be to present a hidden immunity clue to a member of the team you just BEAT. Oh, you lost the challenge, so we're giving you a free clue! Either the Brains figured out that would be crazy and we didn't see footage of them discussing it, or they just made a lucky guess and voted the right person off.
Old 03-27-14, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
Lindsey quitting was lame. I was surprised Jeff wasn't more critical about it during the episode. His comments indicate he was impressed with it?
Jeff sounds like he completely bought the story that Lindsey didn't really quit ... she withdrew before she did physical damage to Trish. I guess Jeff's on the island and we're just watching on tv. But it came across like that story was just Lindsey's way of justifying quitting.

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I can't believe there was even a debate over whether Jeremiah was being honest about that immunity clue. Seriously, no one even asked WHY part of a reward for winning a challenge would be to present a hidden immunity clue to a member of the team you just BEAT. Oh, you lost the challenge, so we're giving you a free clue!
If the show didn't already do it, I'd completely buy that the producers make a condition where one tribe had to give a HII clue to an individual on the other tribe. That's exactly the kind of shit-stirring the producers love.
Old 03-27-14, 06:23 PM
Banned

I was doing other work while watching, so may have missed this. Was the 'raided' tribe prohibited from running off with stuff and hiding it while Tony & Woo consulted together apart from them? My wife said they had a list to choose from, so I guess that means they couldn't hide anything, but just wondered.

Since Tony & Woo had already given Jeremiah the clue before talking about taking it back, why didn't Jeremiah just pass it around to his tribe proving that the "clue" was worthless to his tribe? He knew right away that it couldn't help him, so why not immediately share that with his tribe?
Old 03-27-14, 06:25 PM
Banned

I was doing other work while watching, so may have missed this. Was the 'raided' tribe prohibited from running off with stuff and hiding it while Tony & Woo consulted together? My wife said they had a list to choose from, so I guess that means they couldn't hide anything, but just wondered.

Since Tony & Woo had already given Jeremiah the clue before talking about taking it back, why didn't Jeremiah just pass it around to his tribe proving that the "clue" was worthless to his tribe? He knew right away that it couldn't help him, so why not immediately share that with his tribe?

WHY do the producers keep having the puzzles the same so that the other tribe can cheat? Surely it wouldn't have been any advantage to either tribe if the combination numbers had been different for each tribe.
Old 03-27-14, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Alexis may be the biggest stereotype of the season. Very hot, insanely stupid. The look on her face when she got blindsided was classic. I'm going to miss her though. Incredible body.

I'm impressed with what the brain tribe has been able to do to turn it around. Yes, they were put in a lucky spot at the tribe swap but luck is part of the game. They stayed solid and watched the rest of the beauty tribe fall apart, now they've made the merge and aren't seen as a threat in the least.

Alas, I think it'll be Sarah that flips on them though. Tony will talk her into it. Meanwhile the larger tribe will feel set with their numbers and won't try to pull in anyone when they could go for Wu or LJ. Though I do think Wu would be nuts not to flip right away.

I think editing did Tony a favor with that HII trick. I think some of them bought it for a second but quickly realized what was going on. Tony made it a little too obvious. Good idea though. What wasn't a good idea was him bragging to his tribe about it.

Trish really comes off as a bitch. Lindsey shouldn't have quit but it seemed that it was Trish that started it.

It seems that they're giving Tony the winner's cut but I can see Big Tits Morgan and Spencer playing an under the radar game and getting deep in the game. Meanwhile I can see Wu winning the right immunity challenges and making it far too.
Old 03-28-14, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts

I am not sure how she is stupid?It is more that she is young and lacking in life experience and doesn't have the kind of tactful social skills needed to win. Spencer even called her smart in his confessional.
Old 03-28-14, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001
It seems that they're giving Tony the winner's cut but I can see Big Tits Morgan and Spencer playing an under the radar game and getting deep in the game. Meanwhile I can see Wu winning the right immunity challenges and making it far too.
I've seen survivors like Tony get this kind of attention just to make their fall that much more spectacular. See John Carroll of Survivor: Marquesas.
Old 03-28-14, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by AaronHernandez
I am not sure how she is stupid?It is more that she is young and lacking in life experience and doesn't have the kind of tactful social skills needed to win. Spencer even called her smart in his confessional.
She didn't make any stupid moves in the game. She's just clearly not a very bright person. Listen to her talk. She's the classic airheaded hottie.

Originally Posted by madcougar
I've seen survivors like Tony get this kind of attention just to make their fall that much more spectacular. See John Carroll of Survivor: Marquesas.
I hope so. If the editors start giving Tony and Trish the most screen time I don't know if I'll want to stick around to watch it. I really like this cast so I hope they don't just focus on them.
Old 03-28-14, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Alexis crying as she did the walk of shame was pretty funny...

Also, Trish is a man. I don't care if she's not really a man... she's a man in my book.
Old 03-30-14, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Damn, I felt bad for Alexis. But she did a lot of talking during tribal and that's usually a very bad sign. I think she really underestimated how close she got to her fellow tribe mates.

to Lindsey Quitting. Oh no, she has to stop herself from doing something stupid to Trish.

Alexis kind of reminds me of a younger Amy Acker. They could easily pass as sisters.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.