DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Walking Dead -- "Us" -- 3/23/14 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/618969-walking-dead-us-3-23-14-a.html)

DJariya 03-23-14 05:47 PM

The Walking Dead -- "Us" -- 3/23/14

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...15958353_n.jpg

However brutal some survivors believe they must be to stay alive, we get to see that faith can sometimes be the strongest survival tool.

Episode 15 of 16

Written by: Nichole Beattie & Seth Hoffman
Directed by: Greg Nicotero

Dr. DVD 03-23-14 07:43 PM

Re: The Walking Dead -- "Us" -- 3/23/14

Typically a Greg Nicotero directed ep. means major shit will go down.

mapasu 03-23-14 08:51 PM

So many commercials.

Me007gold 03-23-14 09:01 PM

Strange, this is how I thought the Season would end.

TGM 03-23-14 09:02 PM

whoa boy, the hate will be strong with this one.

fumanstan 03-23-14 09:04 PM

Kind of a boring episode, I'm glad Glen and Maggie finally found each other though.

Dr. DVD 03-23-14 09:05 PM

After last week, yep, hate will be strong. I didn't hate it, but will admit it came across as filler for the most part.

I think Maggie burning the photo means that she is a goner. I noticed on her most recent Talking Dead appearance she had significantly shorter hair than she does on the show. Normally an actress doesn't change her look that much when she is a regular on a show.

TomOpus 03-23-14 09:27 PM

Terminus will not be a good place. Can't wait until next week. This episode was okay and thought the same thing when Maggie burned her picture.

kstublen 03-23-14 09:30 PM

What happened after Glen was reunited with Maggie in the tunnel? My DVR cut off.

RocShemp 03-23-14 09:41 PM

It wasn't a bad episode at all but it did have its irksome moments. Like how everyone stopped to watched Glenn and Maggie make out instead of going to help get Tara free. I actually expected her to get bit during that moment. ANd, yeah, Maggie is a goner.

Never read the comics but I get a cannibal vibe from Terminus, despite the vegetable garden. Although, given how unprotected it was (no one was watching over the barely secured gates), I thought perhaps they'd all enter a once idylic community that was now overrun by walkers.

Gizmo 03-23-14 09:54 PM

What was the "big news" on talking Dead?

DthRdrX 03-23-14 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Gizmo (Post 12054598)
What was the "big news" on talking Dead?

Andrew Lincoln will be on the show next week.

Osiris3657 03-23-14 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by RocShemp (Post 12054583)
It wasn't a bad episode at all but it did have its irksome moments. Like how everyone stopped to watched Glenn and Maggie make out instead of going to help get Tara free. I actually expected her to get bit during that moment. ANd, yeah, Maggie is a goner.

Never read the comics but I get a cannibal vibe from Terminus, despite the vegetable garden. Although, given how unprotected it was (no one was watching over the barely secured gates), I thought perhaps they'd all enter a once idylic community that was now overrun by walkers.

Terminus is not in the comic series.

Josh-da-man 03-23-14 10:29 PM

Yeah, Cannibaltown.

And I'm calling it now... those were Beth-steaks on the grill.

I thought the burning of the picture was TOO obvious. If they do kill Maggie, that was the hackiest foreshadowing I've ever seen.

Re: Cannibals and the comics --
Spoiler:
There were cannibals in the comic, at this point in the story, but they were more like the group Daryl is in with. They were called the Hunters.

DthRdrX 03-23-14 10:50 PM

I'm beginning to think, that the group Daryl is with is not
Spoiler:
the Hunters, instead they are the Marauders that comic Carl and Rick face after leaving the prison. This would build to a Rick/Abraham team up.

I also have no clue what direction they are headed with "Mary" and Terminus, but have two guesses based on comic material.

Spoiler:
If her name is Mary perhaps we meet Jesus in the finale? They could tie Father Gabriel in as the one who took Beth. The other suggestion is that we have yet to meet the hunters and Mary is the female member.

Rocketdog2000 03-23-14 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 12054638)
Yeah, Cannibaltown.

And I'm calling it now... those were Beth-steaks on the grill.

I thought the burning of the picture was TOO obvious. If they do kill Maggie, that was the hackiest foreshadowing I've ever seen.

Re: Cannibals and the comics --
Spoiler:
There were cannibals in the comic, at this point in the story, but they were more like the group Daryl is in with. They were called the Hunters.

Actually...

Spoiler:
...the story arc was called "The Hunters". The group had no specific name. Their modus operandi was very different than what this, if it turns out that's who they are, poses to be, too.

In the comics, the group hid, and did sort of hunt their prey, but only went after a person or two at a time. Taking on a whole group was considered, for the most part, too risky. But, since they hadn't eaten in a while, decided it was one they had to take. Even then, they only nabbed Dale, as he had wandered off alone away from the group.

All that said, it is very odd that no one was keeping watch/guard on the gates, and, that we only saw one person out in plain sight to greet them. Where the hell is everyone else?

Rocketdog2000 03-23-14 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by DthRdrX (Post 12054661)
I'm beginning to think, that the group Daryl is with is not
Spoiler:
the Hunters, instead they are the Marauders that comic Carl and Rick face after leaving the prison. This would build to a Rick/Abraham team up.

I also have no clue what direction they are headed with "Mary" and Terminus, but have two guesses based on comic material.

Spoiler:
If her name is Mary perhaps we meet Jesus in the finale? They could tie Father Gabriel in as the one who took Beth. The other suggestion is that we have yet to meet the hunters and Mary is the female member.

I'm more inclined to agree with you.

Spoiler:
Especially on who may have grabbed Beth.

mwbmis 03-23-14 11:57 PM

Apparently Tara really sucks at walking.

Bill Needle 03-23-14 11:59 PM

*stunned looks*
"He just told us this guy knows how this all started."

"Yeah, he does."

"Wow. So are we still going to Terminus?"

Xiroteus 03-24-14 12:03 AM

No burning of photographs!

That's the first thing I thought. Why does it not protected? No one around those areas? At first it appeared that maybe it fell yet the gate was still closed.

dalbowski 03-24-14 12:29 AM

That was Tasha Yar?

Definitely getting the cannibal vibe from Terminus.

Noooo! Don't burn a picture of Maggie damnit!

philo 03-24-14 02:09 AM

Hey that sure looked like Bub in the tunnel.

I kind of enjoyed this one more than the rest. Yeah that's Tasha Yar. I almost didn't recognize her at first then it dawned on me. Time's a bitch.

DJariya 03-24-14 02:33 AM

Okay episode. I don't get why anyone would hate it. It was nice seeing Glenn and Maggie finally reunite. It was really a setup for the finale and whatever may be doing down at Terminus.

I'm a little surprised that Maggie has been so caught up finding Glenn that she hasn't even shown one bit of concern or curiosity about her little sister & her whereabouts.

Cellar Door 03-24-14 02:58 AM

I enjoyed this episode, but one eyeroll-worthy moment was when Glen's group came to that tower by the rails and they heard the walker in the tower and they're just standing there right underneath it and looking up like "huh?" and then Abraham decides the best way to protect them is by shoving them down, causing Tara's injury. Just really ham-handed and a poorly contrived way to give Tara an injury.

I'm now starting to like this portrayal of Eugene. An arrogant smartass, but observant and considerate of others. The actor was on Talking Dead and seems pretty cool.

Baron Of Hell 03-24-14 03:16 AM

How did Glenn know Meggie went through the tunnel and not around it like a sane person. Funny also how the other guys got to the end faster than Glenn and Tara.

Everyone will probably get into trouble. Ty and Carol will save them. Beth has been eaten and she tasted like chicken.