DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Sirens (USA) - Series Thread - developed by Denis Leary (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/618943-sirens-usa-series-thread-developed-denis-leary.html)

TheKing 03-21-14 11:50 PM

Sirens (USA) - Series Thread - developed by Denis Leary

I did a search and couldn't really find any kind of talk about this show, so here we go. Anybody else watching this?

It's a comedy (the first half hour on USA in a long time) and airs after Suits on Thursdays at 10.

It's almost like a comedic version of Rescue Me (which since Denis Leary is one of the EPs shouldn't be a surprise). It may also be the most explicit comedy on TV.

I've been enjoying it so far, it's my favorite new comedy of this season (not that that's saying much).

dex14 03-22-14 07:30 AM

re: Sirens (USA) - Series Thread - developed by Denis Leary

I caught an episode last night. I had no idea most of the Rescue Me crew was behind this. I may have to catch up.

Geofferson 03-22-14 08:32 AM

How many episodes into the season are they? I'm in if it's from the Rescue Me/The Job crew.

dex14 03-22-14 12:04 PM

3 I believe.

TheKing 03-22-14 12:14 PM

This week's episode was the 4th. They'll be repeating the 3rd and 4th episodes on Sunday at 10AM, while the pilot will air at 11PM. The 2nd episode reairs at 6AM on Thursday. So if you have a DVR, you can catch all of them this week.

But if not, you can jump into the show anytime, it's not serialized.

Geofferson 03-22-14 03:25 PM

^ Excellent. Thanks for the info guys. :up:

Geofferson 03-29-14 10:28 AM

Watched 3 episodes thus far. First two were so-so, but the 3rd was gold. I'm in for the season. :up:

dex14 01-27-15 11:13 AM

Re: Sirens (USA) - Series Thread - developed by Denis Leary

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/...07&oe=55586937

Season two of the popular comedy series SIRENS, from executive producers Denis Leary and Bob Fisher, returns Tuesday, January 27 at 10/9c with two back-to-back episodes. The season reunites Chicago's best EMTs Johnny (Michael Mosley), Hank (Kevin Daniels) and Brian (Kevin Bigley) as they navigate their way through professional and personal drama. Together the comedy-trio discusses and debates its way through life issues, including chance versus coincidence, white knights versus nightingales and strippers versus magicians. SIRENS also stars Jessica McNamee, Bill Nunn and Josh Segarra. Guest stars appearing in the 13 episode season include Lenny Clarke, Nora Dunn, Loretta Devine, John Scurti, Steve Schirripa, Jonathan Sadowski, Nikki DeLoach, Aya Cash, WWE Superstar Mike "The Miz" Mizanin, Brian Doyle Murray, Wayne Knight and Andy Kindler.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Isaiah Mustafa as Danny
· Jessica McNamee as Theresa
· Kevin Bigley as Brian
· Kevin Daniels as Hank
· Michael Mosley as Johnny

CREW INFORMATION:
· Bob Fisher as CRTR/EP
· David Aukin as EP
· Denis Leary as CRTR/EP
· Hal Vogel as EP
· Jim Serpico as EP
· Victor Nelli, Jr. as DIR (Pilot)

Geofferson 01-27-15 11:21 AM

Thanks for the heads-up. Completely forgot about this show from last year.

mwbmis 01-27-15 03:09 PM

Already had my DVR set. It was a fun show, and I quickly developed a thing for Jessica McNamee last year.

whotony 01-27-15 04:48 PM

Saeson 1 is on NFS

dex14 02-09-15 08:22 PM

This show has definitely hit its groove. For anyone who was a fan of Rescue Me, this is essentially all the comedic stuff from that, no drama. Really enjoying this... but I don't think anyone is watching.

Navinabob 02-10-15 10:50 AM

I'm enjoying this season quite a bit. It's one of those shows I never wanna watch, but always love it when I get around to it.

Geofferson 02-10-15 10:52 AM

I have the season 2 episodes queued on the DVR. Will try to get through them this week.

dex14 04-14-15 03:45 PM

Season finale tonight. No word on another. Anyone watching this?

Inhumans99 04-14-15 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 12451769)
Season finale tonight. No word on another. Anyone watching this?

Doh...I think I missed the past 2-3 eps, guess I know what I will be watching using OnDemand tonight. Yup, I just checked and I am 2 eps behind, but I love this show so it will be fun to catch up.

Highfire 04-15-15 01:33 AM

This is one of the shows I look forward to the most during the week. Billy usually at least has one line per episode that makes me lose it. He was so unlikable on Chicago PD, but I love him here.

Inhumans99 04-22-15 12:39 PM

Dagnabit!! Deadline reports it is canceled, I will actually miss this show.

dex14 04-22-15 12:41 PM

Link: http://deadline.com/2015/04/sirens-c...ns-1201414268/

Oh well. I figured as much. It's too bad FX or FXX couldn't have had this show.

Navinabob 04-22-15 12:52 PM

Dammit... one of the best comedies on TV right now.

Geofferson 04-22-15 02:09 PM

Bummer, but am not surprised. I knew it wasn't doing well when I looked into one of the random hashtag's promoted during the show and it had only a handful of replies on social media. Ouch.

Agreed it's a funny show and wish it was renewed.

Shamus McAnally 04-22-15 06:57 PM

Hopefully Netflix picks it up. Ridiculously funny show. Should have had WAAAAAY more than 2 seasons. Hopefully everyone gets on Netflix to get the show. Their programming is getting to the essential level.

(I will be subscribed by the time Longmire and OITNB are around, but this wouldn't hurt to get me there even sooner.)