DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Americans - "A Little Night Music" - 3/19/14 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/618871-americans-little-night-music-3-19-14-a.html)

dex14 03-19-14 12:27 PM

The Americans - "A Little Night Music" - 3/19/14

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...88000064_n.jpg

Episode 4 / Production #204 - "A Little Night Music" (Airs March 19, 10:00 pm e/p) - Just when Philip and Elizabeth think they have a quiet road ahead, an old friend returns to complicate things. Not only do they have to intercept a target who could prove valuable to the Soviet Union, but they also have to take on an important rogue mission without the support of the Centre. Divisions inside the Rezidentura deepen between Oleg and Arkady and there's an upheaval at the FBI as the chickens come home to roost for Agent Gaad. Meanwhile, Martha's frustrations threaten to blow Philip's cover. Written by Stephen Schiff; directed by Lodge Kerrigan.

Decker 03-20-14 01:09 AM

Re: The Americans - "A Little Night Music" - 3/19/14

Cool episode. Big surprise there at the end. Can't wait for next week. Nice seeing Claudia again.

Does anyone know what incident Director John Boy had to take the fall for? When Stan shot that Russian embassy worker maybe?

I hope something terrible happens to Oleg. And soon. Poor Nina.

Raul3 03-20-14 10:58 AM

My DVR cut before the end. My recording was exactly 60 minutes, but it seems this shows always go over the hour.

What was the big surprise at the end?

Good episode though.

Raul3 03-20-14 11:04 AM

OK, I just checked in Comcast online, they had the episode, and watched the last 3 minutes that I was missing.

That was a great ending. I can't wait for next week.

Any idea who that couple was?

Cardiff Giant11 03-20-14 12:45 PM

DVR did the same thing, I also watched online, good episode. I edited my series recording to go a few minutes longer hopefully that does the trick next time.

bootsy 03-20-14 02:08 PM

Best episode so far this season IMO. I loved the ending a true cliffhanger for next week and maybe beyond. I was a little confused at what Martha was so worried about with wanting to fill out that form but it looks like it could be trouble for Phillip. Good to see Martindale back even though her character seemed a little different like she actually cared about people for once LOL. I don't want to read too much into Elizabeth with the Navy guy but she seemed to have some feelings for him. And yeah Oleg needs to go already I think someone will 'accidentally' take him out before the season is over.

Deftones 03-20-14 04:29 PM

Elizabeth doesn't have feelings for the Navy guy. She was making herself vulnerable so he would help her.

Cardiff Giant11 03-20-14 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 12051318)
Elizabeth doesn't have feelings for the Navy guy. She was making herself vulnerable so he would help her.

Like a stripper who makes the really naive dude think she really likes him so he will keep dropping money on private dances ha

Decker 03-21-14 09:17 AM

Interesting article on Annet Mahendru who plays Nina:

http://nypost.com/2014/03/15/america...-double-agent/

Raul3 03-21-14 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 12052068)
Interesting article on Annet Mahendru who plays Nina:

http://nypost.com/2014/03/15/america...-double-agent/

Thanks. Her life is as interesting as Nina.

bootsy 03-21-14 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 12051318)

You're probably right. What made me say that is when Phillip asked her how things were going with the Navy guy and she just kind of walked off like she was hiding something.

johnnysd 03-22-14 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by bootsy (Post 12052428)
You're probably right. What made me say that is when Phillip asked her how things were going with the Navy guy and she just kind of walked off like she was hiding something.

Actually I think it is more complex than that. She has true feelings for her husband now so doesn't want to cheat on him, and, although it is easy to seduce the navy guy I think she has feelings in that she doesnt want to "turn" him and ruin his life.

Raul3 03-22-14 09:06 AM

Not sure about that johnnysd. I mean, yes, she has feelings for her husband. But both are spies, they routinely have sex with other people. He with Martha, and she just was shown in a threesome. They see that as their job. I don't think they see that as cheating. At least right now.

bootsy 03-22-14 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by johnnysd (Post 12053169)
Actually I think it is more complex than that. She has true feelings for her husband now so doesn't want to cheat on him, and, although it is easy to seduce the navy guy I think she has feelings in that she doesnt want to "turn" him and ruin his life.

Yeah I see your angle. She did look hesitant when kissing him on the neck and didn't want to have sex with him because as you said he's probably the nicest guy she's ever met during these encounters. Heck the guy didn't eve go through with getting the info she needed and he probably could have gotten it. It's a lot different for her than most of these guys she meets who are into freaky shit.

PhantomStranger 03-25-14 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Raul3 (Post 12050752)
Any idea who that couple was?

Mossad

bralph 03-25-14 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Raul3 (Post 12053259)
Not sure about that johnnysd. I mean, yes, she has feelings for her husband. But both are spies, they routinely have sex with other people. He with Martha, and she just was shown in a threesome. They see that as their job. I don't think they see that as cheating. At least right now.

I agree with johnnysd. I think hearing that Stan admitted his affair and feelings for Nina to Phillip made Elizabeth less enthusiastic about using sex to get what they need. I think she really likes Stan and his wife, so even though she already knew about the affair, knowing that Stan is now talking about it with Phillip is distressing to her. Notice that she was less than thrilled about Phillip going to Martha's for a "lazy Sunday" and her hesitancy to get into it with the Navy guy. Only when he fails to deliver at first, does she decide to move forward and even then it's "just" a handjob.