Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Supernatural -- "Blade Runners" -- 3/18/14

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-14, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Supernatural -- "Blade Runners" -- 3/18/14

"Blade Runners" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

CROWLEY SINKS DEEPER INTO HIS ADDICTION; NICOLE "SNOOKI" POLIZZI APPEARS IN A CAMEO ROLE - Dean (Jensen Ackles) is frustrated when he can't reach Crowley (Mark Sheppard), who has promised to find The First Blade. When Crowley finally calls Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean, he tells them he fell off the wagon and has been injecting human blood and needs their help. To make matters worse, he had a demon (guest star Rebecca Marshall) helping him find blood, but she sold him out and told Abaddon that he and the Winchesters were searching for The First Blade. The brothers need to find the blade before Abaddon does, so they enlist the help of a former member of the Men of Letters (guest star Kavan Smith). Meanwhile, Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi appears in a cameo role. Serge Ladouceur directed the episode written by Brad Buckner & Eugenie Ross-Leming (#915).

Read more: Listings - SUPERNATURAL on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2wMucq7l2

Episode 16 of 23
Old 03-19-14, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: Supernatural -- "Blade Runners" -- 3/18/14

Of course I liked the episode like I always do. Just one little thing, a knife was dropped that deep into the ocean and so happened to be found? Talk about some luck.
Old 03-19-14, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xiroteus
Of course I liked the episode like I always do. Just one little thing, a knife was dropped that deep into the ocean and so happened to be found? Talk about some luck.
I dont think it was luck so much as "destiny". I think what they were trying to say is that some things cant "be" lost or "hidden" from their purpose. Somethings will always find a way back to a place where they can be used.

But I also don't think that Cain threw it in the ocean on a Tuesday and by Friday some sailor retrieved it in his net. I think it remained hidden for a long time but resurfaced when it would be needed.

Just my opinion.
Old 03-21-14, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

I didn't care for the Snookie bit at all, but the stuff with the expelled Man of Letters was pretty good. Surprised them didn't stretch his story out more. I would've liked to see more of what he had in his secret hideout.
Old 03-21-14, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Snookie is not much of an actor. At first I didn't even recognize her.
Old 03-21-14, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Snookie is not much of an actor. At first I didn't even recognize her.
I may have not recognized her at all which says how much I notice such people.
Old 03-22-14, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's funny because I didn't recognize her either but I got a bad actor vibe from her first line read and it was just the one word, "Winchesters".

I liked the episode overall. I'm not sure what they're doing with Crowley and his relationship to the boys, or the blood addiction thing. The collector guy wanting to collect Dean was kind of obvious, but I still enjoyed it.