Reload this Page >

The Tomorrow People -- "Superhero" -- 3/17/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-17-14, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

"Superhero" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

WE WERE BORN TO DO GREAT THINGS - Stephen (Robbie Amell) is still walking a fine line with his Ultra partner Hillary (guest star Alexa Vega), who continues to be suspicious of his loyalties. When the Tomorrow People and Ultra learn that there is a new break-out doing good for humans, they both want her on their side. Meanwhile, Morgan (guest star Carly Pope) takes a risk and betrays Jedikiah's (Mark Pellegrino) trust to help the Tomorrow People, but what Jedikiah discovers from Morgan is an even bigger surprise. Luke Mitchell, Peyton List and Aaron Yoo also star. Dermott Downs directed the episode written by Micah Schraft and Alex Katsnelson (#116).

Read more: Listings - TOMORROW PEOPLE, THE on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2wHVG3NAB

Episode 16 of 22

New timeslot 9pm ET/PT for remainder of season.

This is a horrendously crowded night and one of The CW's worst performing nights. I hope this show can make it, but I'm not optimistic.
Old 03-18-14, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Tomorrow People -- "Superhero" -- 3/17/14

I forgot about the time change. Totally screwed up my DVR recordings.

Will catch later in the week.
Old 03-18-14, 11:27 AM
ATX

outside of the 2 or 3 sex references, that 9-yr old girl that used to secretly ghostwrite on some of smallville episodes must be on the loose again

Old 03-18-14, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think I'll take this as a positive sign for now:

Leading out of a steady Star-Crossed (1.05 mil/0.3), The Tomorrow People christened its new time slot with 1.15 mil and a 0.4, on par with its most recent Wednesday outing, improving greatly on Beauty and the Beastís spring finale (800K/0.2) and giving The CW its best Mondays-at-9 numbers since the December 2012 Gossip Girl series finale.
Old 03-18-14, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If it keeps up those numbers in that slot, I imagine it gets a renewal. I guess we'll be seeing the Red Avenger again, down the line in the future.
Old 03-19-14, 03:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Okay, why does he have to be high school age again? It seems like they hate doing that themselves with getting him involved with people of an adult age. Of course it's not like anyone's buying that he is seventeen, only about ten years off.

There really was no reason to make him a teenager.
Old 03-19-14, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I imagine if they could start over, he wouldn't be in high school. The CW's stars have been getting older in recent years. They used to have a lot of teenage actors on their shows, but the characters and actors are now all much older.
Old 03-19-14, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Very fun episode. I liked the Red Avenger. They definitely left it open for her to come back. Interesting cliffhanger with Stephen, Jed and Mr. Popsicle.

I thought I recognized her. Lyndon Smith has been on Parenthood this season.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5108838/

Seeing some of Russell's backstory was also cool.

Too bad Stephen's debrief was cut shirt. Of course he couldn't resist the cute & athletic blonde now that Cara is back with John.

I agree that Stephen should have been college age, not a 17 year old high schooler.
Old 03-19-14, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No one he's met bats an eye when he claims he's an agent of some sort. Most high school kids would get laughed at for claiming something like that. This show would do very well to poke fun at itself every once in a while.

This episode hinted that Ultra isn't everywhere, as other Tomorrow People were apparently fighting crime in other cities and had never heard of them.

I'd retcon the idea they work for the government. Someone needs to reveal that Ultra is being funded by some super-rich nutjob bent on world domination.
Old 03-20-14, 11:05 AM

One thing that bugs me with this show is how they keep on saying that the Tommorrow people cant kill I'm assuming they mean with their powers, because they could certainly pick up a gun or club and kill, but the way they say it they are implying that they are prohibited from killing at all, it makes no sense.
Old 03-20-14, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Scarpad1701 View Post
One thing that bugs me with this show is how they keep on saying that the Tommorrow people cant kill I'm assuming they mean with their powers, because they could certainly pick up a gun or club and kill, but the way they say it they are implying that they are prohibited from killing at all, it makes no sense.
Yeah, a series like this one has to explore the ramifications of that limitation with more depth. There would be a lot of ways to circumvent the no-killing limit, such as those twins did in one episode.
Old 03-20-14, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
I guess we'll be seeing the Red Avenger again, down the line in the future.
Wish they didn't have the orginial show up there at the end - should have saved her for an later episode. (My guess they wanted to that bit just in case the show isn't around for her to return for a full episode)

As for the one that appeared mainly in the episode, I knew I saw her before - just recently too - she was on an episode of Hawaii 5-0 that aired in late January. (Played the daughter of Michael Madsens character) Would love to see both of them back next season - if the show comes back which I hope it does.

Last edited by LaxBandit; 03-20-14 at 05:00 PM.
Old 03-20-14, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You think they would just pick a different city or town to live in.

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
No one he's met bats an eye when he claims he's an agent of some sort. Most high school kids would get laughed at for claiming something like that. This show would do very well to poke fun at itself every once in a while.
I have thought about that as well. Even the show itself doesn't buy that he's seventeen.

This episode hinted that Ultra isn't everywhere, as other Tomorrow People were apparently fighting crime in other cities and had never heard of them.
Some of them are DOING something!

I'd retcon the idea they work for the government. Someone needs to reveal that Ultra is being funded by some super-rich nutjob bent on world domination.
It will likely be something like that.