Reload this Page >

The Challenge: Free Agents (MTV) - Premieres 4/10/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Challenge: Free Agents (MTV) - Premieres 4/10/14

Old 05-09-14, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: The Challenge: Free Agents (MTV) - Premieres 4/10/14

Poor Jasmine, she had no shot against Laurel. Although i'm not sure any girl in that kind of physical challenge has a chance against her.

Isaac sure looked like he would do a lot better on these things then he actually did. He's a funny guy though in those interviews

Ballsy move my Theresa, I imagine that will bite her in the ass. As much as the game is "free agents" its still easy for others to gang up and vote you in. And I can't believe Jordan is more annoying then Bananas on this Challenge.
Old 05-09-14, 11:47 AM

Received 4,512 Likes on 3,060 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Poor Jasmine, she had no shot against Laurel. Although i'm not sure any girl in that kind of physical challenge has a chance against her.

Isaac sure looked like he would do a lot better on these things then he actually did. He's a funny guy though in those interviews

Ballsy move my Theresa, I imagine that will bite her in the ass. As much as the game is "free agents" its still easy for others to gang up and vote you in. And I can't believe Jordan is more annoying then Bananas on this Challenge.
I give a lot of credit to Laurel. She could've been much more aggressive than she was and really embarrass Jasmine, but she didn't. I'm pretty sure she gave her that 1 point.

I liked Jordan last challenge, but he is now unbearable. I would rather chose Preston than him at this point.
Old 05-09-14, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I loved the "Congratulations, Bananas" from TJ to Johnny when CT didnt draw the kill card and the relieved "I know!" smile from him. I am sure he saw visions of the backpack incident being revisited.
Old 05-09-14, 12:28 PM

Received 4,512 Likes on 3,060 Posts

Originally Posted by Unclejosh
I loved the "Congratulations, Bananas" from TJ to Johnny when CT didnt draw the kill card and the relieved "I know!" smile from him. I am sure he saw visions of the backpack incident being revisited.
I laughed at that too.
Old 05-09-14, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

I didn't notice that but I was HOPING CT would face off again against Johnny. That previous match was soooo damn funny! I loved it.
Old 05-09-14, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was pretty funny. TJ used to add pretty much nothing to the show, but he's been saying a bit more and make some pretty funny comments and I'm glad he doesn't always wear those ugly hats.

Jordan is definitely more annoying than Bananas, but it's difficult to ever like Johnny B (more so since he doesn't like Cara Maria and how could anyone not like Cara Maria). He's also pretty hypocritical. Johnny has been a worse d-bag on many of these challenges in the past than Jordan is now and he did so with the game pretty close to rigged to keep him out of challenges. I'd have zero respect for Bananas at all except he's definitely proven himself in those final challenges for the big money, which truly do seem brutal.

I'm pretty sure TJ made a comment about Laurel being classy in how she didn't demolish and embarrass Jasmine and just took care of business instead of killing a clearly outclassed opponent. Laurel truly looked like a monster in there. I know she couldn't beat the guys, but she sure is one tough girl and to also look that good. Wow.

I thought Theresa's move made no sense. It's not like things are truly secret there, so if Laurel comes back (which was always a good bet) she's going to find out what happened anyway, so there's really no way to keep the blood of your hands. And now she screwed over several other people who have every reason to go after her and also use her as a shield. I don't know what's allowed or not allowed, but if I was in that group and she flipped her vote like that, I would have said something out-loud immediately and called her out in front of everyone.

I even liked the fight between Jordan and Bananas. No fighting, no chest bumping, no one having to be pulled away from trying to do something completely asinine, just two guys who don't like each other having an intense verbal war. I'm not sure if that can happen when Frank is involved or even CT and several other of the boobs they've had on.
Old 05-10-14, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,005 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by Neitzl
I didn't notice that but I was HOPING CT would face off again against Johnny. That previous match was soooo damn funny! I loved it.
Funny ya'll mention that because I just watched that episode last night (been watching the series backwards streaming on Amazon Prime).

I wasn't really getting why Johnny & Tyler hated CT so much in Rivals 1, but after watching Cutthroat, I see why Johnny was pissed. The guy had to be embarrassed. It was probably the most impressive display at a challenge that I had seen (CT carrying Johnny like a backpack).

It's still really interesting and bizarre watching these thing backwards. You see people's hatred or friendships come and go. I still haven't exactly seen why the whole house hated CT so much in Rivals 1 but I guess that is coming. CT is definitely a favorite of mine and looks like he could honestly kick anyone's ass at any time.

Here's a preview clip of CT putting Jordan in his place next week: http://www.mtv.com/shows/challenge_f...eo/#id=1727223

Jordan was one of my favorites before but now he just comes across as a dick this season. Kinda like Johnny Bananas. I really liked him in Battle Of The Exes but couldn't stand him in Rivals 1.

Next up in backwards viewing for me: Fresh Meat II
Old 05-10-14, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

That CT/Johnny moment has to be one of the best eliminations ever, right? I'm surprised there isn't a special of like the top 10 moments in Challenge history or something.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OUugoWbAhAM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-10-14, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 801 Likes on 591 Posts

I was surprised that Laurel didn't just pick Jasmine up and throw her out of bounds in that game. It was nice of her to take it easy on Jasmine though. I really want to see a Bananas vs Jordan or a CT vs Bananas elimination now. BTW has there been any talk of a new Road Rules or a new Fresh Meat season? The challenges could use some new faces.
Old 05-11-14, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Confessions of a serial reality TV star - Reality show sets are abusive to women and emotionally exploitative. So why can’t I stay away?

by Susie Meister - Salon.com - Wednesday, May 7.

http://www.salon.com/2014/05/07/conf...ality_tv_star/
Old 05-11-14, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by LaxBandit
Confessions of a serial reality TV star - Reality show sets are abusive to women and emotionally exploitative. So why can’t I stay away?

by Susie Meister - Salon.com - Wednesday, May 7.

http://www.salon.com/2014/05/07/conf...ality_tv_star/
I've never heard or known of anything officially said of why Kenny and Evan haven't been on the show in awhile but I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the allegations from Tonya.

These shows seemed to essentially be their careers (pretty much like Johnny) so I feel like it's unlikely those two just decided not to do them anymore.
Old 05-12-14, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I been watching these for years... whatever happened with Brad and Derek? Used to be big players then just disappeared.
Old 05-12-14, 05:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JZ1276
I been watching these for years... whatever happened with Brad and Derek? Used to be big players then just disappeared.
I'm pretty sure Derek gave it up because he got older, had a family (I think he came back only one time after having a child...I think) and felt like it would be ridiculous for him to continue to do these crazy things. Bananas will have to be carried off in a hearse before he stops living of these challenges.

Last edited by dolphinboy; 05-12-14 at 06:50 AM.
Old 05-13-14, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Jordan is a complete douchebag. He's incredibly full of himself.

So he fits in perfectly on this show. He's the next Challenge lifer. He makes fun of Bananas for doing the Challenge for years but he'll be in that exact spot.

Brad said a few years ago that he was calling it quits. I think he really wanted to win one and when he did, he hung it up. Good for him. The most impressive thing any of these Challengers can do is stop going on the show when they get too old.
Old 05-13-14, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I honestly wonder if Jordan and Bananas are going at it knowingly so they could be set up as teammates for a future Rivals 3. They would indeed be a tough duo to beat.

Where did the "bananas" come from in Johnny's nickname?
Old 05-13-14, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
I honestly wonder if Jordan and Bananas are going at it knowingly so they could be set up as teammates for a future Rivals 3. They would indeed be a tough duo to beat.

Where did the "bananas" come from in Johnny's nickname?
They gave each other nicknames during their Real World season. I think Paula was Paula Walnuts.
Old 05-13-14, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Goat3001

Brad said a few years ago that he was calling it quits. I think he really wanted to win one and when he did, he hung it up. Good for him. The most impressive thing any of these Challengers can do is stop going on the show when they get too old.
Plus I think Brad won with his wife Tori right?; they seem happy and one of the nicer relationship stories to come out of these wacky shows.
Old 05-14-14, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by rocketsauce
I've never heard or known of anything officially said of why Kenny and Evan haven't been on the show in awhile but I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the allegations from Tonya.
While neither Kenny nor Evan has done a challenge since Rivals in 2011, Kenny has done Challenge stuff for MTV since then so he's clearly at least not banned from the network.
Old 05-14-14, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And watching all of these Challenges so close together has made me realize that Wes is probably one of the biggest dicks in the universe. I have never seen anybody so unlikeable in every challenge. Some people come and go in their dickiness but he remains constant and consistent.

Watching The Ruins right now and I have no idea how any person in the house can stand the fucker. Why anyone would be a friend or girlfriend to him is beyond me.
Old 05-14-14, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Wes plays a role, one he is very good at. He is even paid at a higher rate by the producers and encouraged to act that way in order to get drama and reactions out of people. Most people have stated he is totally different off the challenges and is a really nice guy who will do anything for his friends.

He is also one of the few who have managed to take their winnings and actually used it to forward his career in real life.
Old 05-14-14, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wes plays a role, one he is very good at. He is even paid at a higher rate by the producers and encouraged to act that way in order to get drama and reactions out of people. Most people have stated he is totally different off the challenges and is a really nice guy who will do anything for his friends.

He is also one of the few who have managed to take their winnings and actually used it to forward his career in real life.
I was wondering if he was playing a character. I was wondering how anyone could be such a dick in real life and get along. He certainly plays an asshole well.

How did he forward his career?
Old 05-15-14, 02:27 AM

I watch these challenges every season and would really like to see some of the old school RW members. The show has been on for what, 24 years? They seem to only have members on who's seasons where on in the last maybe 5 yrs or so with the exception of a few. They should either do a challenge with only members who's seasons aired 10+ years ago or a challenge with CT, Bananas, Derek, Tyler, Eric Nies, Wes, Brad, Dunbar, Evan, Kenny, Mark Long, the Miz (although that'd never happen)... best players only.
Alton, Steven Hill and Landon were also beasts on these challenges who all just disappeared.
Old 05-15-14, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^The show started in 1998, so 16 years. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cha...28TV_series%29
Old 05-15-14, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
^The show started in 1998, so 16 years. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cha...28TV_series%29
I was talking about the Real World
Old 05-15-14, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I watch these challenges every season and would really like to see some of the old school RW members. The show has been on for what, 24 years? They seem to only have members on who's seasons where on in the last maybe 5 yrs or so with the exception of a few. They should either do a challenge with only members who's seasons aired 10+ years ago or a challenge with CT, Bananas, Derek, Tyler, Eric Nies, Wes, Brad, Dunbar, Evan, Kenny, Mark Long, the Miz (although that'd never happen)... best players only.
Alton, Steven Hill and Landon were also beasts on these challenges who all just disappeared.
I think if they tried to do that, they would probably need to up the monetary prizes to entice people. As much as people here like to complain about the same people coming back and how they have no lives and only do these shows, I imagine a lot of those people from the past have actually moved on and have jobs and families. Plus old age

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.