Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Following -- "The Messenger" -- 3/10/14

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-14, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
The Following -- "The Messenger" -- 3/10/14

RYAN LOOKS TO JOE'S PAST AS JOE PLANS FOR HIS FUTURE ON AN ALL-NEW "THE FOLLOWING" MONDAY, MARCH 10, ON FOX

After a tragic turn of events, Ryan attempts to find the man who originally taught Joe to kill, in hopes of finding new answers. Meanwhile, at the compound, Joe tries to get his bearings, while Emma and Mandy wait for him to reveal his new plan in the all-new "The Messenger" episode of THE FOLLOWING airing Monday, March 10 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FOL-208) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Kevin Bacon as Ryan Hardy; James Purefoy as Joe Carroll; Shawn Ashmore as Agent Mike Weston; Valorie Curry as Emma Hill; Connie Nielsen as Lily Gray; Sam Underwood as Luke; Jessica Stroup as Max Hardy; Tiffany Boone as Mandy Lang

Guest Cast: Shane McRae as Robert; Jake Weber as Micah; Jacinda Barrett as Julia

Read more: Listings - FOLLOWING, THE on FOX | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2vbPwUntO

Episode 8 of 15

FYI, FOX renewed the show for a 3rd season last week.
Old 03-10-14, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: The Following -- "The Messenger" -- 3/10/14

Ryan was holding a gun while pretty much laying on top of a guy spraying something in his face. I have experience firing a handgun but even I couldnt have missed. Jack Bauer would have shot him.
Old 03-10-14, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

well, props for them for using a Deftones song a the end.

next week's preview looks great. as ridiculous as this show is, it is still fucking entertaining.
Old 03-11-14, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

It's been watchable this season, I can't deny that. Some of the storylines still seem a bit compressed (Joe gains the trust of the cult leader in one episode?) but they are sticking to 24-style timelines.
Old 03-11-14, 03:13 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

at Emma tonight when she actually said These people are crazy.

Some whacky stuff in this episode. When the cult leader poisoned his own people and then Joe started chanting and joining in the celebrating.

I liked what we got introduced to Joe's mentor.

to Mike having some balls and using the hammer. Mike is definitely not as soft as Ryan.

The preview for next week does look crazy with Joe coming out back in full force on another killing spree.

You really can't take this show too seriously as a law enforcement serial drama. It's way over the top and whacky and I think the writers and actors are embracing how whacky it is now.
Old 03-11-14, 04:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Axeramm
Ryan was holding a gun while pretty much laying on top of a guy spraying something in his face. I have experience firing a handgun but even I couldnt have missed. Jack Bauer would have shot him.
Yeah, but to be fair Jack would have shot the guy, yelled DAMNIT!, and had the guy spilling every secret he's ever had before the guy even pulled out the spray bottle.
Old 03-11-14, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJariya
at Emma tonight when she actually said These people are crazy.
Second time in the season. And I laughed again.

The actor that performs as Mike someday will be a great lead.

This episode wasn't as crazy as the previous ones, but next week they are raising the bar again.

And I mean crazy for this show. A "quiet" episode in this show equals ultra crazy in any other show.
Old 03-11-14, 10:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Some whacky stuff in this episode. When the cult leader poisoned his own people and then Joe started chanting and joining in the celebrating.

And Emma joined in too, it was pretty funny.

Interesting that last week it seemed like Joe and the cult wife would be teaming up and taking over the compound. And now she's locked up!