DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Orphan Black (BBC America) - Season 2 Thread - Premieres - 4/19/14 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/618661-orphan-black-bbc-america-season-2-thread-premieres-4-19-14-a.html)

dex14 03-10-14 05:16 PM

Orphan Black (BBC America) - Season 2 Thread - Premieres - 4/19/14

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/...34976830_n.jpg
https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/...28926997_n.jpg

BBC AMERICA announces that season two of the critically-acclaimed clone thriller, Orphan Black, premieres Saturday, April 19 at 9:00pm ET/PT. Season two of the breakout original series is currently shooting on location and in studio in Toronto through February 2014. Season two of the series hits the ground running with Sarah (Tatiana Maslany, Picture Day, Parks and Recreation) in a desperate race to find her missing daughter Kira (Skyler Wexler, Carrie). Her scorched earth tactics spark a war with pro-clone, Rachel (Maslany), dividing and imperiling all the clones. As Sarah discovers more about her past, mysterious newcomers appear, but can they be trusted? Orphan Black returns Saturday, April 19, 2014, at 9:00pm ET/PT.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Dylan Bruce
· Elizabeth Saunders
· Jordan Gavaris
· Kevin Hanchard
· Maria Doyle Kennedy
· Michael Mando
· Ron Lea
· Tatiana Maslany as Sarah

CREW INFORMATION:
· David Fortier as EP
· Graeme Manson as CRTR/EP
· Ivan Schneeberg as EP
· John Fawcett as CRTR/EP/DIR (Pilot)
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mfUxpTSnq4o?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Season 1 discussion can continue here: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/609...c-america.html

Getting this started a little early... but a new trailer was released today. I can't wait.

Cellar Door 03-10-14 05:29 PM

Re: Orphan Black (BBC America) - Season 2 Thread - Premieres - 4/19/14

I need to start a rewatch of Season 1. Can't wait to see what's in store for S2.

Draven 03-10-14 05:37 PM

FUCK YES. God I love this show. That Tatiana Maslany wasn't even nominated for an Emmy is criminal. I've never seem someone play dual roles that convincingly different from one another, let along ALL of her roles in this show. Not to mention playing one role like it's acting like another role. Insanity.

mphtrilogy 03-10-14 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Draven (Post 12040032)
FUCK YES. God I love this show. That Tatiana Maslany wasn't even nominated for an Emmy is criminal. I've never seem someone play dual roles that convincingly different from one another, let along ALL of her roles in this show. Not to mention playing one role like it's acting like another role. Insanity.

She will be a household name soon enough
Word is out on this show
High hopes for season 2

malichai 03-10-14 08:28 PM

Orphan Black and Hannibal are the shows from last year that I recommend to everyone to watch.

johnnysd 03-10-14 09:29 PM

Will this be edited for US television?

DJariya 03-10-14 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by johnnysd (Post 12040206)
Will this be edited for US television?

Who said there was an unedited version? It's making it's premiere in Canada and the U.S. on the same day. This isn't a premium cable series.

Rypro 525 03-10-14 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 12040228)
Who said there was an unedited version? It's making it's premiere in Canada and the U.S. on the same day. This isn't a premium cable series.

because the series is rated TV-MA in the US, there is rear nudity, sex and the usual 4 letter words you can say on cable, so no need for editing

johnnysd 03-11-14 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525 (Post 12040242)
because the series is rated TV-MA in the US, there is rear nudity, sex and the usual 4 letter words you can say on cable, so no need for editing

Except that they edited it last time,

diditagain 03-11-14 06:47 AM

I've been rewatching S1 on Blu-ray in advance of the S2 premiere, and in the first 5 episodes, there is only one instance I noticed where something on the Blu-ray was edited for the premiere broadcast.

In episode 2 or 3, Art and the other female detective (not Beth/Sarah) are listening to a phone call (I think from Helena) at the police station, and when the phone call ends, the female detective utters the f-word, which would have been censored on BBC America.

Aside from that one instance, everything else in the first 5 episodes on Blu-ray matched the premiere broadcasts on BBC America.

Superman07 03-11-14 08:22 AM

So looking forward to this. :up:

Very curious to see if alliances shift. We also still need to find out if Sara had/has a monitor, and if so who. I think Mrs. S is the obvious choice, but if it's Felix that would be devastating.

starseed1981 03-11-14 10:41 AM

I'll have to rewatch the entire S1 in anticipation of this.

dex14 03-13-14 09:51 AM

This Exclusive "Orphan Black" Poster Is Full Of Season 2 Clues
Read more here: http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwiesel...ster-exclusive

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014...4681416-21.jpg

DJariya 03-13-14 07:24 PM

:thumbsup: Very cool cast photo.

Cellar Door 04-12-14 02:08 PM

There's a season 1 retrospective tonight at 8/7C on BBCA.

"Tatiana Maslany, Jordan Gavaris, Dylan Bruce and Evelyne Brochu reflect on the first season of 'Orphan Black.'"

Also, season 1 is available for streaming on Amazon (free for Prime members). I'm rewatching in anticipation of the S2 premiere.

Tom Banjo 04-12-14 09:42 PM

I'm 6 episodes in on a binge-viewing. I'm amazed at how good this show is!

DJariya 04-12-14 10:02 PM

Tonight's special is pretty informative. Wil Wheaton was a decent host. He came across as more of a geeky fan than an entertainment journalist. I liked the segment that showed how Tatiana acted in scenes with herself.

Oh and by the way, Tatiana Maslany is awesome.

Coladar1 04-13-14 11:47 AM

Here's my only hope for this season - the sole thing I HATED!!!!!! last year (And I mean Hate!): Please, please... no more crazy musical cues to denote the nutty clone is now in frame. I got so damn tired of that... at first, fine, it was used to differentiate things. By season's end, if I'd created a drinking game with that I would've been blacked out drunk every episode. It was really a cheap tactic the producers used, and overused, one so blatant and impossible to ignore that... ugh, just enough with that musical cue for season 2. Don't use it on any other 'versions', and don't rely on such gimmicks even with different music for anybody - ever. I saw it as "we're too stupid to realize it's the crazy Tatiana, so here's some music to make sure you know just who it is."

Otherwise I love this show and can't wait for the premiere.

tucker 04-13-14 12:08 PM

i have never seen this show
should dvr or watch this on prime (editing)??

also is this slow or fast paced show?

Coladar1 04-13-14 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by tucker (Post 12076385)
i have never seen this show
should dvr or watch this on prime (editing)??

also is this slow or fast paced show?

I seem to recall BBCAmerica edited out certain words/scenes of adult content - so maybe Prime would be unedited? Barring that, plunk down the cash on the Blu-Ray (If I'm right about the censoring and you want an unedited, unrated version.) It's well worth it.

And... it's a slow fast paced show. Some scenes/plots are slow, some are incredibly intense and fast paced. Overall, the show drags somewhat slowly the first three or so episodes, but by season's end it ramps up and hell breaks loose.

tucker 04-13-14 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Coladar1 (Post 12076389)
I seem to recall BBCAmerica edited out certain words/scenes of adult content - so maybe Prime would be unedited? Barring that, plunk down the cash on the Blu-Ray (If I'm right about the censoring and you want an unedited, unrated version.) It's well worth it.

And... it's a slow fast paced show. Some scenes/plots are slow, some are incredibly intense and fast paced. Overall, the show drags somewhat slowly the first three or so episodes, but by season's end it ramps up and hell breaks loose.

sounds good!

thanks!!

dex14 04-13-14 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 12076057)
Tonight's special is pretty informative. Wil Wheaton was a decent host. He came across as more of a geeky fan than an entertainment journalist. I liked the segment that showed how Tatiana acted in scenes with herself.

Oh and by the way, Tatiana Maslany is awesome.

Didn't know about this. Looks like there is a re-air at 11 tonight. Thanks.

OldBoy 04-13-14 03:51 PM

the fan gush didn't do anything for me. Wil was not a good host in terms of asking questions and the stars really didn't have much to say when he wasn't.

DJariya 04-13-14 05:07 PM

Why was Orlando Jones and Patton Oswalt there in last night's special? For the most part, the special had some decent information and it was good to see Tatiana Maslany out of character. I assume they were there as "fans" of the show, but they added nothing. Then Patton had to leave early...:lol: Orlando stayed for 1 segment.

dex14 04-13-14 05:16 PM

Patton as been a big champion of the show via Twitter.