DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Americans - "Cardinal" - 3/5/14 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/618526-americans-cardinal-3-5-14-a.html)

dex14 03-05-14 06:06 AM

The Americans - "Cardinal" - 3/5/14

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...88000064_n.jpg

Episode 2 / Production #202 - "Cardinal" (Airs March 5, 10:00 pm e/p) - As Philip investigates the fallout from the last operation, Elizabeth sticks close to home, concerned for her family until she gets a mysterious distress signal. Meanwhile, a walk-in arrives at the Rezidentura - providing both Nina and Stan with unique opportunities. Written by Joel Fields & Joe Weisberg; directed by Daniel Sackheim.

bootsy 03-05-14 10:23 PM

Re: The Americans - "Cardinal" - 3/5/14

This was really good episode. I'm not sure what is going on with the construction/repair men across that Elizabeth is so worried about. They may have something to do with the dead family from last week we'll see. Still not sure I trust the guy that Phillip handed the info to last week. He seemed legit but something about him seems a little suspicious. Could just be that actor always plays creepy parts.

I hope Nina isn't outsmarting herself by giving Stan just enough and then not doing as instructed by the embassy. At least it seems that way to me.

DJariya 03-06-14 03:16 AM

Yeah I liked this too. Lots of cool stuff including Philip investigating the fallout from last week and his confrontation with Fred. :lol: when Phil got electrocuted.

Oleg is coming on pretty strong to Nina. Curious to see what that is all about and where it's heading.

Elizabeth's side mission to help that other spy was also fun.

Dave99 03-06-14 03:41 PM

I think the construction crew was just that, fixing a pothole or whatever. Elizabeth is paranoid at every little thing now, so she kept focusing on it.

mnementh 03-06-14 04:47 PM

Why was the episode called Cardinal?

Red Dog 03-06-14 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dave99 (Post 12036045)
I think the construction crew was just that, fixing a pothole or whatever. Elizabeth is paranoid at every little thing now, so she kept focusing on it.

That was my thought as well.

Decker 03-07-14 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by mnementh (Post 12036150)
Why was the episode called Cardinal?

I wondered that too. A cardinal rule perhaps, like never involve the kids (combined with the synonym for the color Red)?

I liked the episode as well. Was pretty worried for Phillip for a minute after the electrocution.

Who was Paige trying to call on that postcard? Were we supposed to know?

Raul3 03-07-14 07:43 AM

I think they mentioned Operation Cardinal, or something like that, at the embassy.

Great episode, and yeah Elizabeth is paranoid.

Astrofan 03-07-14 02:05 PM

Nice wink to the audience with the Le Carre books in Fred's apartment.

PhantomStranger 03-11-14 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 12035356)
Oleg is coming on pretty strong to Nina. Curious to see what that is all about and where it's heading.

I get the feeling that Oleg is going to come on too strong to Nina and Nina will use Stan to eliminate Oleg somehow, all the while without informing her USSR bosses.

Superman07 03-12-14 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 12036499)
I wondered that too. A cardinal rule perhaps, like never involve the kids (combined with the synonym for the color Red)?

I liked the episode as well. Was pretty worried for Phillip for a minute after the electrocution.

Who was Paige trying to call on that postcard? Were we supposed to know?

I think she was trying to contact where Elizabeth was staying with her "aunt" in PA or NY. That plot doesn't do anything me and I wish they'd drop her snooping.

I also did not I'll know why this episode was call the cardinal.