TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Bates Motel -- Season Premiere -- "Gone But Not Forgotten" -- 3/03/14

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-14, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 807 Likes on 681 Posts
Re: Bates Motel -- Season Premiere -- "Gone But Not Forgotten" -- 3/03/14

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
The scenes with Norma Bates stand far above any others when I watch the show.
Norma is by far the most complex female character on television today, including premium cable series. It's a fully-realized portrayal by Farmiga and the writers have taken the character to places most female characters are not allowed to go anymore.
Old 03-08-14, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dvr'd this and watched it earlier. Good start for the season and I agree with a previous poster about a certain being offed at some point in this season.
Old 03-23-14, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts

I got a late start to watching this (I had watched the first season on Blu-ray a while ago and decided to watch it again before the second season started), this show is really great for what it is. Very creepy and as others have mentioned good acting from both Freddie Highmore and especially Vera Farmiga.

Bradley doing what she did to Gil took me by surprise too. I get that she's emotionally broken down after her father's death and stuff but I didn't expect her to do that at all. Norman's parts were good too with him still obsessing over Bradley and also visiting Ms. Watson's grave. The scene with him and Romero was good too, it almost makes me second guess whether he may have done it or not and blacked out like with his dad. I think the show is trying to throw us off and make us think that way though and that someone else did it. Also liked the scenes with Norma teaching Norman to drive and the scene with Norma at the city council meeting.
Old 03-23-14, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 807 Likes on 681 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
Bradley doing what she did to Gil took me by surprise too. I get that she's emotionally broken down after her father's death and stuff but I didn't expect her to do that at all. Norman's parts were good too with him still obsessing over Bradley and also visiting Ms. Watson's grave. The scene with him and Romero was good too, it almost makes me second guess whether he may have done it or not and blacked out like with his dad. I think the show is trying to throw us off and make us think that way though and that someone else did it. Also liked the scenes with Norma teaching Norman to drive and the scene with Norma at the city council meeting.
I think Bradley's acting commitments outside of Bates Motel forced them to push that storyline sooner than normal.