The Amazing Race: All-Stars -- "Baby Bear's Soup" -- 3/02/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race: All-Stars -- "Baby Bear's Soup" -- 3/02/14

Old 03-04-14, 03:51 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Amazing Race: All-Stars -- "Baby Bear's Soup" -- 3/02/14

Originally Posted by devilshalo
I figure it was going to be a time obstacle. Though cupping can be rather painful.
Only on the front side.

We wondered why some didn't choose that, too. Usually at least one team picks one of the alternate options, and you'd think the less athletic/coordinated ones would have gone with a less challenging (although potentially more time-consuming) challenge.

Oh, well. They can always pull this one out in a later season since nobody picked it.
Old 03-04-14, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Couldn't they have finished the race, but gone back for it later? Or would Phil have told them "You need all your belongings to check in"? My thought is that since they had no clue whether the bag was gone or not, so finish the race then go back, especially if it was just clothes that Mark was losing.
Old 03-04-14, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 709 Likes on 517 Posts

Originally Posted by Neitzl
Couldn't they have finished the race, but gone back for it later? Or would Phil have told them "You need all your belongings to check in"? My thought is that since they had no clue whether the bag was gone or not, so finish the race then go back, especially if it was just clothes that Mark was losing.
I'm sure they could have at least done the challenges and gone back before getting to the mat, but it's not as if anyone is sitting there watching his bag. Someone could have picked it up, so I'm sure Mark wanted to get back there as fast as they could.
Old 03-04-14, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ~~ PAL ~~
The detour choices were either time based or skill based. The cupping will take a finite amount of time (minimum 20-30 min?), while keeping the feather thingy in the air requires some athleticism and a bit of luck. It seems some teams was there kicking around for more than 30 minutes, but we'll never know since everybody chose the same challenge.
if the chinese lady is doing the cupping, it should takes 10 mins, if the racers are doing the cupping, than it should be 30 mins to 45 mins.
Old 03-05-14, 01:41 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Neitzl
Couldn't they have finished the race, but gone back for it later?
I doubt it. Otherwise, what's to stop teams from stashing their backpacks at a hotel and doing the leg unencumbered?
Old 03-11-14, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by starseed1981
That was all on Mallory. She clearly dropped the ball there.
No it wasn't. She may have left it out of the cab but he made them go back to get it when it wasn't necessary. Did it suck to not have the bag? Yes, but you play on and not finger point. She still had the essentials. It was more important to Mark to rub her mistake in her face and make them go back than live without the clothes and still be in the race for a million dollars. Instead he got his precious clothes and a plane ticket for home. I totally blame him.