The Walking Dead -- "Still" -- 3/02/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead -- "Still" -- 3/02/14

Old 03-08-14, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Still" -- 3/02/14

Originally Posted by majorjoe23 View Post
Daryl finally opened up and was accepted by a group of people, now he believes that was all ripped away. It's not unbelievable that he might revert to the only other self he's ever known.

I'm not sure the lack of sexual tension is a big deal. Maybe Beth isn't his type. Or maybe he just wasnt feeling in the mood.

Plus, it's only been a few days since all their friends died.
I agree there would be some level of reversion since he thinks everything was ripped away. I am torn as to whether that would change his attitude towards Beth or make him more protective towards her as he tries to protect the last remaining element of his "new" world. Either way, looting does not logically fit into that picture.

At the risk of sounding misogynistic ... It would have made more sense for a young girl (if she is supposed to be 16 - 18) who just went through a traumatic event and drunk on moonshine to have made a move. It would have made sense for Daryl to reject (see above re: protecting her) that advance.

Maybe it is the ambiguity of Beth's age. The way the character acts and looks (I know the actress is nearly 30) makes me think she is 14. Sloppy writing/character development, IMO.
Old 03-08-14, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff View Post

Maybe it is the ambiguity of Beth's age. The way the character acts and looks (I know the actress is nearly 30) makes me think she is 14. Sloppy writing/character development, IMO.
One of the worst elements of the show. In her first scenes she seemed her age, and then they decided to make her a teenager. Don't miss the show at all, but still read the threads. It is truly interesting that as popular as this show is, it seems that few people actually enjoy it. Guess the subject matter is REALLY compelling to a lot of people for some reason and independent of how it is actually approached.
Old 03-08-14, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
It is truly interesting that as popular as this show is, it seems that few people actually enjoy it.
There may be some confirmation bias is at work.
Old 04-23-14, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Compare Darryl to Rick and Carl, a million times better character than both combined