DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Vampire Diaries -- "No Exit" -- 2/27/14 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/618405-vampire-diaries-no-exit-2-27-14-a.html)

DJariya 02-27-14 09:40 PM

The Vampire Diaries -- "No Exit" -- 2/27/14
 
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800...0/822/36fn.jpg


GOOD NEWS, BAD NEWS - As Damon's (Ian Somerhalder) behavior escalates from destructive to deadly, Stefan (Paul Wesley) begins to regret their last conversation and decides to track Damon down and intervene. For reasons of her own, Elena (Nina Dobrev) volunteers to come along. Dr. Wes (guest star Rick Cosnett) enlists the Travelers to set a trap that will once again test Damon's friendship with Enzo (guest star Michael Malarkey). After a heart-to-heart talk with Nadia (guest star Olga Fonda), Matt (Zach Roerig) enlists Caroline (Candice Accola) and Tyler's (Michael Trevino) help to protect Elena, leading to a violent confrontation. Later, when Stefan tries to comfort a dejected Caroline, their conversation leads to a horrifying realization. Michael Allowitz directed the episode written by Brian Young (#514).

Read more: Listings - VAMPIRE DIARIES, THE on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2ua48cE3T



Episode 14 of 22

PhantomStranger 02-28-14 09:05 PM

Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "No Exit" -- 2/27/14
 
This stuff with Enzo isn't working out. Why should I care about Enzo surviving? Damon's long-lost friend he never brought up before this year and has appeared in a handful of episodes. For a minute I thought they were going to have Matt and Nadia become an item.

DJariya 02-28-14 09:09 PM

Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "No Exit" -- 2/27/14
 

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 12029224)
This stuff with Enzo isn't working out. Why should I care about Enzo surviving? Damon's long-lost friend he never brought up before this year and has appeared in a handful of episodes. For a minute I thought they were going to have Matt and Nadia become an item.


Agree. I can't stand Enzo. They were better off just keeping him as part of Damon's back story. The problem with TVD is they keep introducing new characters and most of the time, I have no reason to care for them. It was kind of cool a few weeks ago when they brought back The Originals cast, but at least they have their own show now.

PhantomStranger 02-28-14 09:19 PM

Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "No Exit" -- 2/27/14
 

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 12029228)
Agree. I can't stand Enzo. They were better off just keeping him as part of Damon's back story. The problem with TVD is they keep introducing new characters and most of the time, I have no reason to care for them. It was kind of cool a few weeks ago when they brought back The Originals cast, but at least they have their own show now.

I've never really been bored by Vampire Diaries before this season. The writing has taken a step back and there is only so much charismatic actors can do to make up for it.

DJariya 02-28-14 09:23 PM

Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "No Exit" -- 2/27/14
 

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 12029241)
I've never really been bored by Vampire Diaries before this season. The writing has taken a step back and there is only so much charismatic actors can do to make up for it.

It already got renewed for next season, but they need to cut some of the fat and some of the convoluted storylines. The season had a promising start with Elena & Caroline going to college, but that's become an afterthought.

Ideally, I'd like to focus more on the core cast members.

The writing has probably suffered since Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson are busy overseeing other projects. Plec oversees The Tomorrow People and The Originals, while Williamson is showrunner for The Following and is developing a new CBS Pilot. This happens a lot when the original creative team leaves or tries to balance other projects.

DJariya 03-02-14 10:06 PM

Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "No Exit" -- 2/27/14
 
:doh: Now Stefan and Caroline finally figure out that Katherine is inhabiting Elena's body. Took them long enough.

I've missed douchebag homicidal killer Damon. I've actually enjoyed the last few episodes with him returning to the darkside.

Honestly, the Katherine storyline is kind of running on fumes. I have to believe it will be wrapped by the finale or sooner. Now her daughter getting bitten by Tyler is more reason for an end game. I hope the character will be gone for good after this season. I'm honestly kind of tired of the doppelganger arc that has been part of this show for the last 2 seasons or so.

PhantomStranger 03-03-14 01:03 AM

Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "No Exit" -- 2/27/14
 
They need to give Stefan an actual love interest other than Elena. There is no drama in Elena's eventual decision if Stefan is left to rot on his own.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.