Reload this Page >

Law and Order: SVU - Chicago PD - 2 Hour Crossover -- 2/26/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-26-14, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

2 Hours tonight (A lot of DVRs will be working overtime)

Law and Order SVU (Part 1) 9pm

A COMEDIAN'S WORDS PROVE DANGEROUS WHEN A STUDENT IS ASSAULTED BY HIS FANS. Popular comedian Josh Galloway (guest star Jonathan Silverman) is faced with student protestors after a set at Tompkins Square University. His demeaning jokes about women and rape become more serious when a student is assaulted by two of Galloway's fans. Though Barba (Raul Esparza) can't arrest him for speaking his mind, he charges the SVU to find proof that Galloway's actions reflect his words. When TSU student Carly Rydell (guest star Laura Slade Wiggins) accuses Galloway of rape, Sergeant Benson (Mariska Hargitay) is happy to arrest him. But Barba finds major roadblocks in the he-said she-said case, and thinks Benson should have chosen her battle more carefully. Meanwhile, a detective from Chicago (guest star Sophia Bush) seeks help from the NYPD. Also starring Ice-T (Detective Odafin Tutuola), Danny Pino (Detective Nick Amaro) and Kelli Giddish (Detective Amanda Rollins). Also guest starring Elizabeth Marvel (Counselor Rita Calhoun), Skyler Day (Renee Clark) and Dean Winters (Detective Brian Cassidy). TV-14 DL

Sophia Bush (Detective Lindsay from CPD) will guest star in SVU

Chicago PD (Part 2) 10pm

SVU AGENTS FIN AND ROLLINS PAY A VISIT TO CHICAGO TO HELP THE INTELLIGENCE UNIT TRACK DOWN A SERIAL RAPIST/MURDERER - Voight (Jason Beghe) and Antonio (Jon Seda) enlist the help of agents at the Special Victims Unit in New York, Fin (guest star Ice T) and Rollins (guest star Kelli Giddish), to help track down the culprit of a series of rape/murders. Burgess (Marina Squerciati) has an opportunity to prove herself to Intelligence. Elsewhere Lindsay (Sophia Bush) enlists the help of Halstead (Jesse Lee Sopher) to act as her date for her high school reunion to get back at an old rival. Elias Koteas, Patrick Flueger, LaRoyce Hawkins and Archie Kao also star. Ice T, Kelli Giddish and David Eigenberg guest star. TV-14 DLV

Kelli Giddish and Ice-T from SVU continue are on CPD afterwards.
Old 02-26-14, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Law and Order: SVU - Chicago PD - 2 Hour Crossover -- 2/26/14

I'm really glad you posted this - I set up my DVR for SVU last week and would've absolutely missed this if not for your post. Had no idea there was a crossover, mostly because this is the only NBC show I watch.

Oh, and so does this make the first time these Chicago shows get tossed into the incredibly convoluted fictional continuity world that people have spent waaaay too much time working up? Where like Belzer brings in X-Files brings in the real world with X-Files/Cops? Had Chicago PD/FD/DDDD ever featured another of Wolf's shows before, or does this crossover add two more series to the list of a fictional meta-verse?
Old 02-26-14, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Coladar1 View Post
I'm really glad you posted this - I set up my DVR for SVU last week and would've absolutely missed this if not for your post. Had no idea there was a crossover, mostly because this is the only NBC show I watch.

Oh, and so does this make the first time these Chicago shows get tossed into the incredibly convoluted fictional continuity world that people have spent waaaay too much time working up? Where like Belzer brings in X-Files brings in the real world with X-Files/Cops? Had Chicago PD/FD/DDDD ever featured another of Wolf's shows before, or does this crossover add two more series to the list of a fictional meta-verse?
This is the first time the Chicago universe has joined the L&O Universe.

And yes, that means two more shows have joined the superverse that exists within an autistic kid's head.
Old 02-27-14, 04:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

And it's a "crossover" in the loosest of terms. The SVU episode had nothing to do with the Chicago PD episode. The only link between the two was the final scene of SVU had Sophia Bush from Chicago come in to get info on her case.

Yeah, you had the SVU characters show up on PD, but if you missed SVU, you missed nothing.
Old 02-27-14, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by TheKing View Post
This is the first time the Chicago universe has joined the L&O Universe.

And yes, that means two more shows have joined the superverse that exists within an autistic kid's head.
You aren't far off since Alfre Woodard & Ed Begley Jr played their characters from St. Elsewhere in the Homicide movie. Homicide crossed over with L&O. In addition to that Jon Seda was on Homicide! Nothing is real!
Old 02-27-14, 09:12 AM

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by skacore View Post
You aren't far off since Alfre Woodard & Ed Begley Jr played their characters from St. Elsewhere in the Homicide movie. Homicide crossed over with L&O. In addition to that Jon Seda was on Homicide! Nothing is real!
Then The Wire isn't real too...
Old 02-27-14, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well yeah, that's the junction point of the entire superverse. There's that, and the fact that John Munch has been in every show under the sun. You can tie in everything from I Love Lucy to Star Trek to Seinfeld if you go deep enough into the connections.
Old 02-27-14, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Saying that this was a full crossover was kind of deceptive.

Sophia Bush (Erin) only appeared in the last minute of SVU. It was mainly to serve as a tease for SVU viewers to watch CPD since Rollins and Fin were appearing there.
Old 02-27-14, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Will I miss much if I skip SVU and Just watch CPD? I taped both but SVU isn't a favorite of mine and isn't a show I tape/watch any other week.
Old 02-27-14, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Will I miss much if I skip SVU and Just watch CPD? I taped both but SVU isn't a favorite of mine and isn't a show I tape/watch any other week.
I hope you at least used SVHS when you taped it.
Old 02-27-14, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope you at least used SVHS when you taped it.
I did...took me a while to set up though. The damn thing just kept flashing 12:00 when I tried to program the time.
Old 03-01-14, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY

they really should have had the SVU episode be about the crimes committed in NY and have them all be upset that they hadn't caught him yet and the leads had dried up, then they get a call about a similar crime scene in Chicago

I'm guessing the episodes were filmed months apart and the ending scene of svu was shot later and spliced onto the episode

kind of how fire and pd's time lines are off from each other
Old 03-02-14, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Alright, so I finished watching both episodes.

Unless you're a fan of Law and Order SVU, which apparently you aren't, it isn't mandatory to watch it as I just stated. The only connection between the 2 episodes was a short cameo by Sophia Bush asking Benson for some notes about the serial rapist, who is in CPD. It was a good SVU episode overall and worth watching if you're a fan. Jonathan Silverman was a total sleazebag.

In Chicago PD, we see Erin returning back from New York in the beginning and running into an old snobby High School classmate.

Fin and Rollins from SVU came to Chicago, but honestly they didn't do very much other than give Voight's crew some notes about the rapist.

I thought it was funny how Adam was filled with lust after seeing Rollins. And yes Rollins is hot.

The Chicago PD episode was really good. We learn a lot more about Erin's backstory with Voight and the resolution to the rapist case was pretty cool. Alvin taking him out with the sniper rifle was pretty badass.

Interesting cliffhanger as well with Voight's son getting into some kind of trouble yet again.