Reload this Page >

The Tomorrow People -- "Brother's Keeper" -- 2/26/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-26-14, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

"Brother's Keeper" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, V) (HDTV)

TRYING TO MAKE PEACE - After getting some shocking news, Stephen (Robbie Amell) attempts to restore order in both his worlds by making a deal with Jedikiah (Mark Pellegrino). With a new break-out on the loose, Cara (Peyton List) and Russell (Aaron Yoo) try to lure him in but must contend with a trap from Ultra. Meanwhile, Jedikiah is closer to developing a new secret technology that could change his future. Luke Mitchell also stars. Guy Bee directed the episode written by Jeff Rake and Grainne Godfree (#114).

Episode 14 of 22

In case your memory is a little fuzzy, last episode revealed that Stephen's Mom is actually one of the Tomorrow People.
Old 02-27-14, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Tomorrow People -- "Brother's Keeper" -- 2/26/14

At first it seemed that things may have to take a different course and within a couple minutes everything is basically back to normal. Small issue as I do enjoy the show.
Old 02-28-14, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Agree. Considering the major game changing reveal in the last episode, things started to change, then went back to normal.

However, I liked the reveal at the end with Jedikiah holding Stephen's Dad in cold storage. That was pretty significant.
Old 02-28-14, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Isn't this show on some sort of bubble for renewal? It has turned out better than expected. They could probably tighten up the storylines a bit and prune a few characters (they need to dump the kid brother in some other state), but it has remaining interesting. They still play loose and fast with the powers, which they need to make more steady. We keep getting "special" exceptions and each Tomorrow person seems to have a unique ability, which is ridiculous this soon into the show.
Old 02-28-14, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
Isn't this show on some sort of bubble for renewal? It has turned out better than expected. They could probably tighten up the storylines a bit and prune a few characters (they need to dump the kid brother in some other state), but it has remaining interesting. They still play loose and fast with the powers, which they need to make more steady. We keep getting "special" exceptions and each Tomorrow person seems to have a unique ability, which is ridiculous this soon into the show.
Even though it has Stephen Amell's cousin, it loses about 1/2 of Arrow's audience every week. I'm guessing that Arrow fans who do like Robbie, watch Arrow live and probably DVR The Tomorrow People and watch something else, which hurts the overnight live ratings.

The new CW science fiction drama The 100 is taking over this timeslot in a few weeks. TTP is moving to Mondays, which is a busy night and The CW's 2nd slowest night next to Friday. It's got it's work cut out for it.
Old 02-28-14, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They still play loose and fast with the powers, which they need to make more steady. We keep getting "special" exceptions and each Tomorrow person seems to have a unique ability, which is ridiculous this soon into the show.
Tomorrow People are teleporting into and out of Ultra like it's Grand Central Station at this point, when they went to a lot of trouble to show it was unique that Stephen (as the offspring of 2 tomorrow people) was able to somewhat use his powers inside Ultra.
Old 03-01-14, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MikahC View Post
Tomorrow People are teleporting into and out of Ultra like it's Grand Central Station at this point, when they went to a lot of trouble to show it was unique that Stephen (as the offspring of 2 tomorrow people) was able to somewhat use his powers inside Ultra.
They never mention that barrier anymore, it seems like everyone teleports into Ultra now.
Old 03-01-14, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They never mention that barrier anymore, it seems like everyone teleports into Ultra now.
It seems they have gotten a few things they did in episode one.

They still play loose and fast with the powers, which they need to make more steady. We keep getting "special" exceptions and each Tomorrow person seems to have a unique ability, which is ridiculous this soon into the show.
How about the kid from the two parents with powers that each had parents with powers......now they can teleport anywhere on Earth anything from anywhere. Yeah, they do keep adding to it and he should be able to everything she did with teleporting objects without touching them etc...

Even though I like stories were characters have power, even a lot of it. Still would not hurt to be a bit more stable.
Old 03-02-14, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Can't tell if Jed and his brother had a plan, or if it's all Jed' s goal to grab some power. I would mind if this show only makes it 2-3 seasons, but I like the world, concept and characters enough to have a full story.

They would do well to have a bit more of the larger story arc present. There are bits and pieces, but the direction is difficult to follow. At least with something like THE you have a sense of direction - at least until they yank the rug out.

Kara needs some development quick - she's flailing a lot.

Found John staying with Stephen a good twist. Hope that keeps up.
Old 03-03-14, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't mind John, Stephen or Kara as characters. Jed has largely been written as a manipulating, evil figure. I'm not sure I could buy any sort of secret plan with his brother. Who agrees to being on ice for a decade?