DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Barry Weiss gets his own show: Barry'd Treasure (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/618354-barry-weiss-gets-his-own-show-barryd-treasure.html)

Traxan 02-26-14 01:28 AM

Barry Weiss of 'Storage Wars' gets his own show: Barry'd Treasure

So that's why he left. Sounds like they are ripping off American Pickers.

http://starcasm.net/archives/262485

A&E officially announced today that the original band of storage locker warriors will be back for another round as Storage Wars Season 5 premieres March 18 with two brand new back-to-back episodes starting at 9/8c. Although fans will be seeing bidding mainstays Brandi Passante, Jarrod Schulz, Casey and Rene Nezhodah, Darrell Sheets and Ivy Calvin doing battle, they won’t be treated to more antics from charismatic jokester Barry Weiss — not until 10/9c that is!

Yupppp! Barry Weiss hand landed his own show! Titled Barry’d Treasure (I’m guessing Barry helped with that one), the show will follow Barry (now retired from the storage auction game) as he embarks on a “cross-country journey unearthing some of the nation’s rarest and most fascinating collectibles,” according to A&E’s press release. “Riding shotgun in Barry’s enviable assortment of automobiles is his motley crew of sidekicks who aid his efforts to haggle with the toughest, and sometimes oddest, collectors in America. But Mr. Weiss has an insatiable thirst for misadventure and often strays from his intended treasure route. Whether it’s co-piloting a buggy in Amish country or taking a ride on a camel in Appalachia, ultimately for Barry, nothing’s more valuable than a good time.”

Barry’d Treasure is also a half-hour show and will also premiere with back-to-back episodes March 18.

What do you bet Barry will be sporting a pirate patch over one eye in the premiere episode? Arrrrrrr you going to be watching? ;)

Count Dooku 02-26-14 01:35 AM

Re: Barry Weiss gets his own show: Barry'd Treasure

Who the fuck is Barry Weiss?

Groucho 02-26-14 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Count Dooku (Post 12026009)
Who the fuck is Barry Weiss?

The guy from "Barry'd Treasure".

DJariya 02-26-14 01:47 AM

:lol: you're totally obsessed with these A&E and History channel reality shows aren't you?

PhantomStranger 02-26-14 01:48 AM

Barry was the only reason I kept watching Storage Wars, so it will be interesting to see if his antics work without the gang.

Traxan 02-26-14 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 12026014)
:lol: you're totally obsessed with these A&E and History channel reality shows aren't you?

Yeah I guess I am. Better than the shit on network TV. I can only watch '2 Broke Girls' with the sound off.

But at least 'Bates Motel' is coming back soon. And Longmire will be back.

madcougar 02-26-14 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 12026015)
Barry was the only reason I kept watching Storage Wars, so it will be interesting to see if his antics work without the gang.

I enjoyed Barry the first few seasons, but his shtick got OLD.

Gizmo 02-26-14 09:10 AM

I'll be tuning in. Seems like it could be a bit more 'realistic'.

stingermck 02-26-14 10:21 AM

I'll give it a watch, Barry was my favorite of the group.

Deftones 02-26-14 02:35 PM

I'll watch it.

GoldenJCJ 02-26-14 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by madcougar (Post 12026176)
I enjoyed Barry the first few seasons, but his shtick got OLD.

Everybody's schtick got old. I'm actually surprised these A&E reality shows are still on. I guess they're cheap to produce and get decent enough ratings but they became pretty tired pretty fast.

madcougar 02-26-14 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ (Post 12026638)
Everybody's schtick got old.

True.

Traxan 02-26-14 03:53 PM

First trailer, if you have Facebook. I can't embed the video.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=705049259547693

TheMovieman 02-26-14 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by stingermck (Post 12026299)
I'll give it a watch, Barry was my favorite of the group.

Ditto

Eric F 02-26-14 04:22 PM

Will he get into fist fights and piss off his prospective clients? ('cause that's the only reason why I'd watch:D)

Traxan 03-18-14 09:37 PM

Well that was different.

Barry was in eastern Pennsylvania with Kenny, the big black dude he met in Inglewood. They met with a fancy collector who clearly had money and an amazing collection. They drove around looking for antique stores to buy four pieces from the guy's collection. Along the way they picked up an Amish guy (supposedly), made a bunch of silly jokes ("Amish women, carpet or linoleum?" had me LOLing) then eventually found a high end antique buyer for the stuff.

So Barry isn't collecting for himself, he's acting as a go-between between buyers and sellers. It was nice to see them outside LA in rural Pennsylvania. Made for a nice change of scenery. But the show looks like it's still finding its legs.

PhantomStranger 03-19-14 12:34 AM

It was okay, I'll continue to give it a chance. Though the pralines sales job could get quite boring if they continue it episode after episode.

Traxan 03-25-14 09:21 PM

I'm not liking it at all. It's too random with a bunch of people we don't know, don't care about and are gone next week.

He needs to come back to Storage Wars.

PhantomStranger 03-26-14 02:23 PM

I thought the second episode was pretty fun and should have been the pilot. I don't believe for a single second though that guy left his priceless jade statue on top of the car and drove away. That was clearly a gimmick, shot for the episode.

madcougar 03-27-14 09:54 AM

I... don't get it.

Canis Firebrand 03-27-14 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 12026014)

Has A&E changed what its letters stand for yet? The shows they seem to be showing all the time now definitely aren't arts nor entertainment.

PhantomStranger 03-27-14 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Canis Firebrand (Post 12058718)
Has A&E changed what its letters stand for yet? The shows they seem to be showing all the time now definitely aren't arts nor entertainment.

Years and years ago, A&E was known as a pretentious channel that liked to air documentaries. It's now in the gutter with everyone else.:lol: