TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon Discussion Thread

Old 09-24-15, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,196 Likes on 929 Posts
Re: The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon Discussion Thread

Originally Posted by fujishig
Wasn't Goodburger a theatrical release?
Yeah Good Burger was theatrically released. They might be referring to the made for Nickelodeon Kenan & Kel movie.
Old 11-02-15, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 793 Likes on 644 Posts

I hope this is not a big problem

On Oct. 24, Fallon was stitched up at a hospital in Cambridge, Mass., after falling — and dropping a bottle of Jägermeister — while receiving the Harvard Lampoon’s Elmer Award for Excellence in Humor. “I threw the bottle and then I landed on broken glass,” a bandaged Fallon recapped on his show the following Monday. “There [were] pools of blood everywhere.”

It’s the party guy’s third injury in four months, and sources say NBC is worried that Fallon’s drinking has become excessive. And while they’re not doing anything about it — yet — “It’s gone from being a whisper to a chatter,” says one industry insider of Fallon’s over-the-top behavior.

http://nypost.com/2015/11/01/is-jimm...g-out-of-hand/
Old 11-02-15, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 137 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca

Wow. I just read the whole story. Had no idea Fallon has had that many drinking incidents/accidents in public.

NBC better have a backup plan here and another host they've got possibly on-call. This doesn't sound good for Fallon.
Old 11-02-15, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I like Fallon and hope this is not serious or somebody tells him to lay off the booze and take it easy.

If Fallon had to go to rehab I bet Leno would kill for the chance to be a guest host and maybe a opening to get his old job back.
Old 11-03-15, 01:19 AM

I like Fallon and hope this is not serious or somebody tells him to lay off the booze and take it easy.

If Fallon had to go to rehab I bet Leno would kill for the chance to be a guest host and maybe a opening to get his old job back.
I'm not a Fallon fan much at all. I do think his celebrity impressions are hilarious and once in a while I enjoy when he has all of that evening's guests out for a game of Pictionary etc.

But this sounds serious. Kinda curious what his wife is thinking allowing all of this insane behavior. I'm pretty sure she's got a good job herself, so it's not like she's just hanging on to someone with money and power.

It is really a sad story.

We all know Leno really loved that job hosting the Tonight Show, but I doubt NBC would ask him back. Only way I could see that happening would be for a signed contract maybe 1-year deal until Fallon either a)gets help or b)until they can find a suitable permanent replacement.
Old 11-03-15, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

His wife is a film producer and owns a film company with Drew Barrymore.

But Jimmy said the one uncharacteristic thing his parents allowed him to do was sit and drink beer as he watched Saturday Night Live.

'As long as I wasn't doing anything at night, I'd just sit by myself, and I would have a six-pack of Pabst,' he told the magazine.

'I don't know if I made it through the six, but I'd just sit there and watch the show. And tape it.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...es-camera.html

Old 11-03-15, 01:26 PM

Received 76 Likes on 52 Posts

I predict rehab in January after the holidays and back in time for February sweeps.
Old 11-03-15, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 627 Likes on 453 Posts

His wife is a film producer and owns a film company with Drew Barrymore.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...es-camera.html

Not sure what his wife being a film producer and having a company with Barrymore has to do with any of this.
Old 11-04-15, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Quatermass
I predict rehab in January after the holidays and back in time for February sweeps.
I can't see them doing a whole month of repeats. A month is usually the bare minimum for rehab, and most people need longer than that.
Old 11-04-15, 11:51 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

was listening to the radio this morning and they played a Fallon clip of him (and alanis?) clucking Ironic. clucking. like a chicken. and audienced laughed.

this is stupid, right? it's not just me?
Old 11-04-15, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just you. It was hilarious. lol
Old 11-04-15, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 218 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony
Not sure what his wife being a film producer and having a company with Barrymore has to do with any of this.
I assume it was in response to Throwing Copper's comment:

Kinda curious what his wife is thinking allowing all of this insane behavior. I'm pretty sure she's got a good job herself, so it's not like she's just hanging on to someone with money and power.
Old 11-04-15, 03:55 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A week old, but I didn't see this posted here:
http://variety.com/2015/biz/news/jim...os-1201628811/

Jimmy Fallon Ride Coming to Universal Studios

Jimmy Fallon’s roller coast week continues as the comedian prepares for his own Universal Studios ride.

“The Tonight Show” host revealed Tuesday that Universal Orlando Resort will debut a ride in 2017 called “Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon.”

“It’s scary, it’s fun, it’s exciting,” Fallon said. “Do you know the ‘Harry Potter’ rides? It’s like that, except instead of Harry Potter, it’s me. Instead of Hogwarts, it’s New York City.”

The theme park attraction starts at a recreated Studio 6B before hitting major Big Apple destinations.

“Our team found inspiration in the outrageous celebrity races that have become one of the most popular segments of Jimmy’s ‘Tonight Show,'” Jason Surrell, creative director for Universal Creative, wrote on the company’s blog. “Since Universal Studios Florida has long been famous for placing guests in the middle of their favorite movies and TV shows, we thought it was a perfect fit.”

-----------------

As a theme park fan, this just feels like such a weird choice for a ride.
Old 11-04-15, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A cool ride.

If this does become serious I hope Ben & Jerrys continues to produce the Tonight Dough.
Old 11-05-15, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,386 Likes on 2,170 Posts

Originally Posted by Throwing Copper
I can't see them doing a whole month of repeats. A month is usually the bare minimum for rehab, and most people need longer than that.
But he's a celebrity. Celebrity rehab only lasts about 2 weeks max. Then said celebrity can voluntarily check themselves out, make a public apology and they're all cured.
Old 11-05-15, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
But he's a celebrity. Celebrity rehab only lasts about 2 weeks max. Then said celebrity can voluntarily check themselves out, make a public apology and they're all cured.
Yep, and then he'll go right back to his drinking/partying/falling all over the place shortly after that.
Old 01-01-16, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 352 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by sportsfan64
Speaking of Carson, Antenna TV will start airing Tonight Show w/Johnny Carson full episodes in Jan 2016.
http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2015/0...arson-for.html
Reminder that the Johnny Carson reruns start tonight (1/1/16) on Antenna TV.
Old 01-01-16, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by sportsfan64
Reminder that the Johnny Carson reruns start tonight (1/1/16) on Antenna TV.
I would like to see those, but I have DirecTV and apparently they don't carry Antenna TV.
Old 01-01-16, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 352 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Throwing Copper
I would like to see those, but I have DirecTV and apparently they don't carry Antenna TV.
It is available over-the-air, if you're able to hook up an antenna to an HDTV.
Old 08-03-16, 05:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

He will host the 2017 Golden Globes

A kinder, gentler Golden Globes? NBC said on Tuesday that one of its biggest homegrown stars, Jimmy Fallon, the host of “The Tonight Show,” would serve as the next Golden Globe Awards M.C., taking the baton from Ricky Gervais.

Last year, when Mr. Greenblatt announced that Mr. Gervais, the acerbic British comedian, would return for a fourth turn as the show’s host, he put Hollywood on notice, saying “fasten your seatbelts.” But the selection of Mr. Fallon signals a turn away from Mr. Gervais’s celebrity potshots and toward the wackier antics exhibited by hosts like Amy Poehler and Tina Fey, who anchored three Golden Globes ceremonies starting in 2013.

Fallon on his Twitter account posted "And I'm really looking forward to spending time with the Hollywood Foreign Press before Donald Trump has them all deported"
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/03/ar...s-for-nbc.html

Old 10-27-16, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The showrunner is leaving and could this be a chink in the armor where the ratings might drop?

After serving as the late-night series' showrunner for several years, Josh Lieb has decided to step down from The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon after inking a deal with Universal Television, according to THR. The split seems to be amicable, as Lieb has voiced a specific desire to pursue new professional avenues that will allow him to do more writing and enjoy a better work-life balance. Although his departure is a major loss for the series, it isn't the only one in recent memory; last week, producer Gavin Purcell similarly left The Tonight Show in order to pursue opportunities elsewhere.

In the face of this massive shift, The Tonight Show has had to do some hefty shuffling behind the scenes to deal with the changes. With Josh Lieb stepping down from his role, the series has granted increased authority to producers Katie Hockmeyer, Gerard Bradford, and Mike DiCenzo.

At this point it remains incredibly unclear as to how the series will change with Josh Lieb no longer at the helm. He has played a pivotal role in the show's creative direction ever since 2013, and he is credited with much of the series' success. The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon has consistently dominated late-night ratings ever since Jimmy Fallon took over in 2014, and anyone following in Lieb's footsteps would definitely be wise to emulate his style.

Josh Lieb's decision to depart The Tonight Show in order to spend more time writing definitely makes sense when we consider his accomplished background. An Emmy-winning writer, he spent a number of years working for The Daily Show With Jon Stewart before taking the reigns on The Tonight Show, and he also has writing credits on iconic shows like The Simpsons and NewsRadio.

https://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...its-showrunner
Old 04-09-17, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

He should do more road trips.

The Orlando shows were great.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ac1b8Rb9MME" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 11-04-17, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

He has a new limited edition Ben & Jerry Ice Cream only available at the Ben and Jerry website and Ben & Jerry shops.

Old 02-07-18, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Tonight Dough now in pint slices

Old 02-07-18, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 287 Likes on 215 Posts

I saw those, but passed. I wanted one, not three.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.