DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   House of Cards (Netflix) -- Season 2 Discussion Thread -- Available 2/14/14 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/617974-house-cards-netflix-season-2-discussion-thread-available-2-14-14-a.html)

AudioWizard 12-13-13 09:40 AM

House of Cards Season 2

http://youtu.be/jFhJjCmYi1M

DJariya 12-13-13 09:41 AM

Re: House of Cards Season 2

For the lazy:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jFhJjCmYi1M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Geofferson 12-13-13 09:56 AM

So excited for this :up: Really liked the first season (probably more than most).

starseed1981 12-13-13 11:24 AM

I thought the first season was one of the finest pieces of serialized drama in years. I'm totally binge watching this bad boy when it comes out.

Neil M. 12-13-13 11:44 AM

Looks good.

Red Dog 12-13-13 12:11 PM

Really enjoyed S1 watched it over only a few days. Only thing I didn't like was him killing the Congressman. Made things too over the top IMO.

OldBoy 12-13-13 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog (Post 11944227)
Really enjoyed S1 watched it over only a few days. Only thing I didn't like was him killing the Congressman. Made things too over the top IMO.

Fuck! Thanks for spoiler tags ;)

DJariya 01-03-14 04:24 PM

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...0103netflix01/

For those interested, Director commentary tracks for season 1 episodes are now available. It's a Netflix exclusive as an alternate audio track. The BD and DVD sets had zero extras.

Is anyone here still interested in listening commentary tracks? I like them on occasion, but I know most people from the thread I made a few months ago seem to not have time for them.

Vipper II 01-03-14 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog (Post 11944227)
Only thing I didn't like was him killing the Congressman. Made things too over the top IMO.

Yeah, that didn't sit right with me, either; the severity of it just seemed to come from out of nowhere based on everything else he had done up to that point.

bluetoast 01-03-14 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 11965724)

For those interested, Director commentary tracks for season 1 episodes are now available. It's a Netflix exclusive as an alternate audio track. The BD and DVD sets had zero extras.

Is anyone here still interested in listening commentary tracks? I like them on occasion, but I know most people from the thread I made a few months ago seem to not have time for them.

Interesting. Always thought it would be cool to have the extra features for a title to be on Netflix, and this is a good start.

~~ PAL ~~ 01-03-14 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Vipper II (Post 11965736)
Yeah, that didn't sit right with me, either; the severity of it just seemed to come from out of nowhere based on everything else he had done up to that point.

Perhaps so, but this is staying true to the source materials and the original BBC mini-series.

Really shouldn't be a shocker, but he is probably going to do worse than this as FU continues down his path of vengeance and quest for power.

Also, based on the pacing of the first season, seems like there will probably be either 4 or 5 seasons to cover all three books. The original BBC series did 4 episodes per book.

Philly30 01-04-14 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 11965724)

Unfortunately this is not available on the Apple TV

BearFan 01-05-14 08:13 AM

The commentary tracks are cool, I'll start watching them. I have pretty much given up on DVDs except for ones where I really really like the show/movie and want to buy it for extra features.

DJariya 02-04-14 01:06 PM

Netflix renews House of Cards for 3rd season

http://tvline.com/2014/02/04/house-o...son-3-netflix/

If only the U.S. government moved at the pace of Frank Underwood & Co.: Netflix on Tuesday renewed House of Cards for a third season — before its second season debut — TVLine has confirmed.

Season 2 of the Kevin Spacey-led political thriller premieres (in its entirety) on the streaming video service on Feb. 14.

:thumbsup:

I have a few more episodes left of season 1 to finish before I can even consider starting season 2 next Friday. But, good news.

dex14 02-04-14 01:10 PM

Re: Netflix renews House of Cards for 3rd season

Excellent news.

movieking 02-04-14 01:10 PM

Excellent! Really enjoyed the first season and am looking forward to season two.

lacubs 02-04-14 02:34 PM

i thought they told us the second season would be the final season? because they all want to go work on movies projects?

mphtrilogy 02-04-14 02:46 PM

awesome

devilshalo 02-04-14 04:33 PM

I'm wondering how they will stretch it out to a 3rd season after the events of the last couple of episodes of the 1st.

DJariya 02-13-14 11:53 PM

House of Cards (Netflix) -- Season 2 Discussion Thread -- Available 2/14/14

http://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.co...0&h=563&crop=1

The second season of the Netflix original series, from Media Rights Capital, "House of Cards," premieres Friday, February 14, 2014. All 13-episodes of the season starring Academy Award(R) winner Kevin Spacey ("Horrible Bosses," "American Beauty," "The Usual Suspects") and Golden Globe(R) nominee Robin Wright ("The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo," "Forrest Gump"), who both received Emmy(R) nominations for their performances in the first season, will be available for members to watch instantly in all territories where Netflix is available. From director David Fincher ("The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo," "The Social Network"), award-winning playwright and Academy Award(R) nominated screenwriter Beau Willimon ("Farragut North," "The Ides of March") and Academy Award(R) winner Eric Roth ("Forrest Gump," "Munich," "The Insider"), this critically-acclaimed drama slithers beneath the curtain and through the back halls of greed, sex, love and corruption in modern Washington D.C.

All 13 episodes of season 2 should be available at 12:01am PT/3:01am ET on Friday

We tried doing episode threads last season, but it simply didn't work since 99% of the people here binged watched the show didn't bother commenting until they completed all 13 episodes.

So if you want to comment after every episode, great, if you're too lazy and would rather wait until you finish every episode, then great as well.

Please be mindful and use spoiler tags.

Season 2 Trailer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gBabKoHSErI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I will be amazed if anyone here has the time/energy to watch all 13 episodes Friday. Highly unlikely unless you're unemployed. :D

BTW, for those unaware, Netflix did renew this for a 3rd season.

bluetoast 02-14-14 12:48 AM

Re: House of Cards (Netflix) -- Season 2 Discussion Thread -- Available 2/14/14

A lot of us East Coasters have a snow day on Friday, so that certainly helps things.

Cellar Door 02-14-14 01:14 AM

Ooh, I didn't realize this was coming out already. Damn, I was hoping to make a dent in my DVR recordings this weekend, but this'll probably take priority.

Geofferson 02-14-14 08:35 AM

^ No joke. Still chipping away at the DVR and Netflix goes and does this. ;) Agreed it's a good idea to have a season thread for the show. I'll try to watch a couple this weekend.

dex14 02-14-14 08:58 AM

I will try to make through some this weekend. Its a nice time where no shows on or due to Olympics...so I can watch more during the week nights. Last year I watched this in 1 weekend though.

madcougar 02-14-14 09:13 AM

Looks fantastic.