TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Tomorrow People -- "Sitting Ducks" -- 1/29/14

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-14, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
The Tomorrow People -- "Sitting Ducks" -- 1/29/14

Synopsis:

"Sitting Ducks" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, V) (HDTV)

SOMETHING IS A LITTLE OFF - Stephen (Robbie Amell) feels uneasy about his fellow trainee Hillary (guest star Alexa Vega, "Spy Kids") who has a secret agenda of her own. Stephen's mom wants the family to go camping including her new boyfriend Peter (guest star Robert Gant), whom Stephen seems to be having a difficult time reading. Knowing he is going to be out of town, Stephen asks for Cara (Peyton List) and John's (Luke Mitchell) help to make sure that everything is ok with Astrid (Madeleine Mantock) while he's gone. Aaron Yoo and Mark Pellegrino also star. Dermott Downs directed the episode written by Phil Klemmer and Micah Schraft (#112).

Episode 12 of 22
Old 01-29-14, 02:49 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Re: The Tomorrow People -- "Sitting Ducks" -- 1/29/14

I really enjoy this show. I'm not afraid to admit it.
Old 01-29-14, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The lead bores me. I really wish he weren't supposed to be a high school kid. Everyone else in that picture is much more interesting. The lead was interesting for a small moment when it was hinted that he had more powers than the rest, but that's mostly been put aside for the episode of the week.

Also, I find it hard to have any real enjoyment with the show. We're 12 episodes in and when I look at our band of merry men, it's hard to see how they've won much. They have the Uncle's girlfriend and the new banshee (screaming) girl. But mostly, Ultra seems to be winning. Stephen's life has no real enjoyment, even with the ruse. Mom's dating a tomorrow person, and unless I nodded off, there was never even a conversation with him afterwards.

I'm still watching, but mostly because I like the Sci-Fi and Superhero genres. It's a 50/50 show for me at this point (in danger of being dropped from my viewing schedule).

Last edited by MikahC; 01-29-14 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 01-29-14, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Once again Astrid is blaming him when he tried to keep her out of it from the beginning and she was the one who followed him so she could figure out his secret.
Old 01-30-14, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by MikahC
The lead bores me. I really wish he weren't supposed to be a high school kid.
CW can really knock that off. There is no reason these actors have to play high school kids and it's not like anyone going to buy it anyway. And yet again I see previews of shows where thirty year olds are playing teenagers again. They seem obsessed with it even when there is no real reason.

Regarding of what demographic they are going for, it's still in their late twenty playing school most of the time. (not always)