DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Arrow -- "Tremors" -- 1/29/14 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/617632-arrow-tremors-1-29-14-a.html)

DJariya 01-29-14 01:56 PM

Arrow -- "Tremors" -- 1/29/14

http://cdn3-www.superherohype.com/as...n_2_poster.jpg

Synopsis:

"Tremors" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

ARROW TRAINS ROY - Arrow (Stephen Amell) offers to train Roy (Colton Haynes) so he can learn to control his newfound super-strength. However, Roy is a rebellious student and refuses to listen unless Arrow reveals his true identity, which Oliver refuses to do. Meanwhile, the Bronze Tiger (guest star Michael Jai White) escapes from prison and steals Malcolm's earthquake machine to sell to the highest bidder. Oliver, Diggle (David Ramsey) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) attempt to stop the transfer, but Roy gets in the way, putting everyone in danger. Laurel (Katie Cassidy) is disbarred and spirals out of control. Moira (Susanna Thompson) is thrilled when Walter (guest star Colin Salmon) asks her to dinner, but his reason surprises her. Thea (Willa Holland) encourages her mother to ask Walter to reconcile. Guy Bee directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Drew Z. Greenberg (#212).

Episode 12 of 23

Going back to Katie Cassidy and the noticeable weight loss. I think she probably did it to be in character. Laurel right now is a pill popping addict after all.

dex14 01-29-14 07:58 PM

Re: Arrow -- "Tremors" -- 1/29/14

Fuuuuuuck. I've been waiting so long for him to reveal to Roy.
"We're just getting started." Loved it.

Jcheckel 01-29-14 08:03 PM

So much happening, can't wait for more Suicide Squad stuff.

anomynous 01-29-14 09:09 PM

and here begins the process of Laurel becoming the Black Canary

dex14 01-29-14 09:21 PM

I also liked how Oliver's voice changed from Arrow to Oliver offscreen when calling out to Roy.

Axeramm 01-29-14 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by anomynous (Post 11994208)
and here begins the process of Laurel becoming the Black Canary

Can she run off to Gotham with Huntress once this happens?

Eric F 01-30-14 10:32 AM

Moira running for mayor? Yeah. Nothing like a murderer running for mayor. Loved how Walter compared her favorably to Eliot Spitzer.:lol:

Orbi-Wan Techno 01-30-14 10:35 AM

"You've got mad face..."

Great episode, again. Next week looks epic.

Xiroteus 01-30-14 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 11994643)
Moira running for mayor? Yeah. Nothing like a murderer running for mayor. Loved how Walter compared her favorably to Eliot Spitzer.:lol:

Before it was ever said I thought how would she ever get enough votes?

Even if someone understood her reasons and that she came forward (a little late) it's still questionable. I'm sure there are other ways she could help.

draven31 01-30-14 10:44 AM

Is there anybody here who actually likes the Laurel character?

Anybody who wants to see her as Canary? Other then fans of Katie's I cant find a single Arrow fan who cares what happens to her now. She can fall off a cliff and never be seen again.

I think if the writers wanted to make her hero story believable they went about it the wrong way. I was rolling my eyes doing just about every one of her scenes last night.

JeffTheAlpaca 01-30-14 04:50 PM

The first season was so good but season 2 is almost unwatchable and a completely different show.

I don't think I will buy season 2 when it comes out on Blu-ray

DJariya 01-30-14 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca (Post 11995149)
The first season was so good but season 2 is almost unwatchable and a completely different show.

Can you clarify why you feel that way?

You're like the only person who has complained about the show this season in this forum.

I know it's your opinion, but saying it's almost unwatchable is pretty absurd IMO. Arrow is one of the most entertaining serialized comic action shows right now. It's one of the most popular shows among young adults.

anomynous 01-30-14 04:59 PM

Seriously. Other than some of the Laurel shit, it's better than S1.

robin2099 01-30-14 05:17 PM

Is there anybody here who actually likes the Laurel character?

Anybody who wants to see her as Canary? Other then fans of Katie's I cant find a single Arrow fan who cares what happens to her now. She can fall off a cliff and never be seen again.

I think if the writers wanted to make her hero story believable they went about it the wrong way. I was rolling my eyes doing just about every one of her scenes last night.
Your not the only one. I really like Katie but I can't stand the Laurel character. I think this was supposed to be a tale of redemption for her but she just comes across as bitchy and annoying. I honestly wish they would bring Caity up to series regular and get rid of Laurel because Caity's character is a lot more interesting.

Really liked this episode tonight. I have to give this show a lot of credit for never going the way you expect it too when it comes to the plot. Hopefully Roy works out joining the team, but I don't want to see him out in the field that much. I prefer Ollie working alone.

Draven 01-30-14 05:45 PM

I always get a laugh when Oliver sees Laurel in distress and goes to help her.

"Laurel is getting wasted at the bar!"

My response is "And...."

I like Sara much better but my wife pointed out her butt-chin and now I can't stop looking at it.

Not sure how I feel about someone else being let into the Arrowcave but okay. Also I still hate the "don't kill anyone" mantra. I actually liked the brutality of the first season a lot more. Ah well.

I do like the Suicide Squad stuff though - I appreciate the care they are taking with the DC universe. Maybe they could give the movie division some pointers.

taffer 01-30-14 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca (Post 11995149)

I must have entered the Bizarro forum by mistake.

The first third to a half of season 1 was really bad. I actually gave up on the show a few episodes in because it was as bad as a daytime soap opera. I eventually came back and stuck with it after hearing others praise the later episodes. I'm glad I did because the end of season 1 and all of season 2 has been great (except for Laurel of course... she should have died instead of Tommy).

Baron Of Hell 01-30-14 06:34 PM

I thought s1 was good and that S2 continues to be good. I can not recall any episodes I didn't like.

I just seen the below shot. Diggle and Thea is going to get it on?

NSFW

DJariya 01-30-14 09:57 PM

:thumbsup: That was awesome except Laurel's whoah is me issues.

Glad to see Roy join the team and I loved the We're just getting started line.

:lol: at Bronze Tiger escaping and then returning back to jail. Looks like he'll be out again soon. I like Michael Jai White, so hopefully we'll get some more meatier storyline with Bronze Tiger in the future. Glad they didn't kill him off.

When you look at Katie Cassidy and Emily Bett Rickards, I just can't help but notice how much more healthier and sexier looking Emily is compared to Katie. I don't know if Katie is working out more or on a crash course diet to be in character of a druggie, but the boney face and thinning waistline are getting more and more noticeable.

Good to see Sarah come out of hiding. I heard the plan was to have Caity Lotz recur and then become a regular.

DJariya 01-30-14 10:06 PM

This is from Stephen Amell's Facebook page. A little commentary on what he thinks about the Nielsen ratings system and how bullshit they are:

Quick aside on the Neilsen Ratings in general. The short version: Who gives a shit about them. The long version: The Neilsen Ratings are a little like the baseball writers of America deciding who gets into the baseball hall of fame. Which is to say, they're an incredibly antiquated, wholly inaccurate and kind of embarrassing metric that is given far more influence than they actually deserve. They do not factor in iTunes, Hulu, Various Apps, International ratings, Piracy or the various other forms by which people consume television. Don't even get me started on Netflix. In fact, with time delayed viewing being so prevalent, it's almost irresponsible for them to release fast national ratings at all. And does anyone really think that smart companies, who buy advertising during shows give them any consideration beyond a passing glance? I certainly don't. But yeah... let's continue to form our success / failure opinions around something that's mostly inaccurate, almost all the time. Oh... And Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens and everyone from the "steroid era" should be in the Hall of Fame. It's a museum about the history of the game, baseball writers of America. Stop being pretentious dickbags.

:thumbsup:

PhantomStranger 01-31-14 02:31 PM

The actual problem is that Arrow needs a bigger platform and more promotion to get better ratings. The actors and writers have done everything they can to make Arrow the best superhero show on television. Tony Stark needs to appear on the show in a cameo.:lol:

JeffTheAlpaca 01-31-14 03:52 PM

As long as it stays on CW the ratings will never change and if everybody gave their max effort there would be better acting on the show and somebody else besides Colton Haynes would play Roy if they wanted to make the best superhero show ever.

Kdogg 01-31-14 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 11996285)
Tony Stark needs to appear on the show in a cameo.:lol:

This is DC so it would have to be Bruce Wayne - the non hippie Green Arrow. :)

TGM 01-31-14 05:17 PM

Arrow needs to hire this actress as the Black Canary.

http://i.imgur.com/7aOjKMV.jpg

Ropes Pierre 02-01-14 09:23 PM

I think Oliver is too free and easy with telling people his identity. Next week they won't have enough money to tip the pizza guy and he will just whip his mask off as compensation.

i am actually worried about katie cassidy. looking at her pins in those pants frightened me, and it doesn't help when she stands on one leg.

Perhaps ollie's mother can get advice on running a mayoral campaign from Kristina Braverman.

I liked roy's use as goon.

I think i have pinpointed my problem with Caity's acting. she doesn't emote with her face. watching Thea talk to her mother, they were both using their eyes, their brows. caity just reads the lines but doesn't seem to put anything in them. fantastic physical actor though.

PhantomStranger 02-03-14 12:20 PM

I think if someone like Ollie actually existed, he wouldn't be telling virtually anyone his secret identity. But it makes the storytelling mechanics much easier for today's audiences that demand a heavily integrated and tightly-knit group of characters. Three decades ago, Felicity wouldn't have found out about his secret identity for three or four seasons. But they needed to give her a more important role than low-level tech work to make her an important cast member in this day and age.