Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Big Bang Theory - "The Hesitation Ramification" - 1/2/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-02-14, 09:24 AM

Received 4,516 Likes on 3,064 Posts

"The Hesitation Ramification" - When Penny's big acting break on NCIS is a bust, Leonard struggles to help her, which results in Penny asking Leonard a bold relationship question. Meanwhile, Sheldon tries to learn how to be funny and Raj tries to work on his "game" before talking to girls, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Jan. 2 (8:00 - 8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
Old 01-02-14, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Big Bang Theory - "The Hesitation Ramification" - 1/2/14

what could the "bold relationship question" be? To be her sugar daddy. hahah. torn between this and community. No DVR. :-(
Old 01-02-14, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by BuddhaWake
what could the "bold relationship question" be? To be her sugar daddy. hahah. torn between this and community. No DVR. :-(
You can just watch the other on the station's website.
Old 01-02-14, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

My opinion only...but I think BBT has kinda passed it's prime. I haven't found the past two seasons nearly as clever or laugh out loud funny as in prior years. After next year, it might be time to wrap it up.

Am I alone on this?
Old 01-02-14, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts

And again they fail to advance Penny's character by making her moderately successful.

Cast her in a nerdy sci-fi flick or show that at least gets cult status (I'm imagining something like Viking Quest). That would open up all kinds of plot possibilities. The guys visiting the set, drooling over co-stars, Leonard dealing with on screen love interests, Penny having schlubs drooling over her instead of the jocks, signings, comic-con like appearances, etc. It would just open the door to make the show nerdier. Hell, they could have Wheaton producing the show within the show giving Penny her big break to bring him in more. That would open up more Wheaton vs. Sheldon scenarios.

I still enjoy the show a great deal and look forward to it weekly, but they have been spinning their wheels for some time.
Old 01-02-14, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dan1boy
My opinion only...but I think BBT has kinda passed it's prime. I haven't found the past two seasons nearly as clever or laugh out loud funny as in prior years. After next year, it might be time to wrap it up.

Am I alone on this?
Sorry... they've started negotiations for another 3 seasons.

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
And again they fail to advance Penny's

Cast her in a nerdy sci-fi flick or show that at least gets cult status (I'm imagining something like Viking Quest). That would open up all kinds of plot possibilities. The guys visiting the set, drooling over co-stars, Leonard dealing with on screen love interests, Penny having schlubs drooling over her instead of the jocks, signings, comic-con like appearances, etc. It would just open the door to make the show nerdier. Hell, they could have Wheaton producing the show within the show giving Penny her big break to bring him in more. That would open up more Wheaton vs. Sheldon scenarios.

I still enjoy the show a great deal and look forward to it weekly, but they have been spinning their wheels for some time.
I like this idea.
Old 01-02-14, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts

And again they fail to advance Penny's character by making her moderately successful.

I usually don't like television shows about people on television, but this is a really good idea. They need to do something to break it out of the predictable, inevitable everyone-pairs-off ending that's no doubt coming.
Old 01-02-14, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I think it's past it's prime, but it's still funny. There are episodes here and there each season that are fantastic.
Old 01-02-14, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts

Damn, I wanted to hear Sheldon's promiscuous sandwich, rabbi, yo mama joke.
Old 01-02-14, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FWIW, Jim Parsons said the plan is for the show to run for at least 11 seasons. I personally don't think it really had a "prime" era that can be defined like The Simpsons. I'm enjoying these last couple of seasons as much as the first few.
Old 01-02-14, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dunno. After they added the female versions of all the characters I found that I enjoyed it a lot more than when it was just four socially awkward guys and a hot girl.

I thought that dynamic peaked and was on a decline. But now it's back to a nice groove.
Old 01-02-14, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
"The one with all of the letters!"

God, between this and the "I don't know how to use glue" shtick they're really milking the "Penny is a dumb blonde" stuff. I know she isn't a scientist, but that doesn't mean she's an idiot.

I know Leonard was being genuinely honest, but I do kind of think he was a bit of an asshole to phrase it the way he did. If he wanted to tell her that, it was blunt and the wrong setting. He spent an entire season bitching at Penny because she got angry when he tried to propose to her, and eventually told her she could pick the time, and now he says no? That moment with him and Sheldon was genuinely touching though.

Last edited by hanshotfirst1138; 01-02-14 at 11:21 PM.
Old 01-02-14, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

This episode felt awkward for me with it ending and Penny and Leonard in an odd state. I guess just a little more serious then i'm used to here without some sort of resolution at the end of the episode. The Raj/Stuart stuff was pretty dumb, and most of Sheldon's attempts and jokes didn't go anywhere either until the nice moment at the end. Only thing I thought was funny was Bernadette's fake laugh and the line at the end with Howard's audition.
Old 01-03-14, 05:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

Yeah, this episode was a whole lot of awkward. Kaley Cuoco was terrible in most of her scenes.
Old 01-03-14, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

The show is still in its prime and the writing is still excellent. But I have no interest in seeing Penny-Leonard break up and get together again. Just stay together.
Old 01-03-14, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by starseed1981
The show is still in its prime and the writing is still excellent. But I have no interest in seeing Penny-Leonard break up and get together again. Just stay together.
Exactly. I groaned at that. Please don't do it. They've already gone back and forth. There's nothing wrong with them being together. Let's move things forward and not back. That's my biggest complaint about the show (even thought I still very much enjoy it).
Old 01-03-14, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't see Penny & Leonard getting married in the show until the final season. Reason being is Leonard would move out of his apt with Sheldon. Show centers around their apt & them as roommates too much to loose that.
Old 01-03-14, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
I like this idea.
Yeah, they need to get the hell out of The Cheesecake Factory.

Something to mix it up. Rahj and Stewart aren't cutting it.
Old 01-03-14, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn. Send that in to the writers. I like that.
Old 01-03-14, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 930 Likes on 709 Posts

How about Amy "breaking up" with Sheldon over his analysis of the funniness of certain words? We've talked a few times here about an upcoming split with those two (Sheldon's been a real dick several times this season), culminating in a reunion where they finally sleep together. I think they're planting more seeds for that plotline. Although the above construct with Penny getting a sci-fi acting role is much better. It's gold, Jerry, gold!
Old 01-03-14, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by resinrats
I can't see Penny & Leonard getting married in the show until the final season. Reason being is Leonard would move out of his apt with Sheldon. Show centers around their apt & them as roommates too much to loose that.
Then again, I'd be curious to see Sheldon and Amy get married and raise kids horribly. Spin-off?
Old 01-03-14, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The next step for Penny & Leonard is living together. I know they tried it briefly but it was too soon and there was still humor to be mined from Sheldon living with Leonard. That's pretty much run its course though, so they should have Amy move in and Leonard out. It'd be fun to see Sheldon try and force Amy into a roommate agreement and her dismantling every rule, one-by-one.
Old 01-03-14, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

"Have your people call my people and let's get this rolling!"
Old 01-04-14, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

Tv doesn't work like that. It would be entirely unrealistic for an actress who has gotten nowhere for 10 years to suddenly be offered a role on a tv series(usually you have to have some guest spots or at least some prior speaking parts on shows). Why not just have her win the lottery like Roseanne.
Old 01-04-14, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

It's a tv show. It most certainly can work like that. That's why I threw Wheaton into the mix. He knows her and can give her, her big break. Same for cult show. I was thinking some rinky dink sci-fi romp on SyFy. Think Firefly, not headlining the next CSI.

Not to mention, there are plenty of Hollywood starlets that didn't get famous based on their acting skills.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.