Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Blood vs. Water --"It's My Night" -- Sunday, 12/15/2013 **Season Finale**

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will be the sole Survivor?
Tyson
37.50%
Monica
31.25%
Ciera
18.75%
Gervase
0%
Tina
6.25%
Laura
6.25%
Hayden
0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Blood vs. Water --"It's My Night" -- Sunday, 12/15/2013 **Season Finale**

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-13, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Survivor: Blood vs. Water --"It's My Night" -- Sunday, 12/15/2013 **Season Finale

Originally Posted by Dr. Henry Jones, Jr.
Yeah I remember there not being a walk a few (or more seasons ago), maybe the last time they did the redemption island + F5 on the final episode.

Yeah I remember Boston Rob's season (the first Redemption Island) didn't have one... can't remember if South Pacific (the other Redemption Island) did.
Old 12-16-13, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Re: Survivor: Blood vs. Water --"It's My Night" -- Sunday, 12/15/2013 **Season Finale

Originally Posted by Shinobi
I missed the end of the reunion show. Did they say if this cast be all-new, or will there be returning players?
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/12/15/su...n-jeff-probst/

18 all new contestants.

I skipped the last 2 seasons, including this one because I absolutely despise the returning players concept.

I'll be back for season 28.
Old 12-16-13, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/12/15/su...n-jeff-probst/

18 all new contestants.

I skipped the last 2 seasons, including this one because I absolutely despise the returning players concept.

I'll be back for season 28.
And you missed out on probably one of the better seasons they've had in a long time. I agree with you about returning players, though.....but I'll still watch the show because I still find it enjoyable. I also don't like Redemption Island. Hopefully they ditch that for next season too.
Old 12-16-13, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I'm surprised all the positive comments during the season wasn't enough to pull you in. It was a brilliant concept that added more elements to the game play. As Setzer said, you missed out on a very good season.
Old 12-16-13, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah this was probably the best season for me. The couples made the players change up their game.
Old 12-16-13, 05:26 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was a better season for the most part due to the new concept, but IMHO it kind of fizzled toward the end when the Big Three Alliance stayed intact & picked off people one at a time. Wasn't really pulling for any of the final five...loved Tina in earlier seasons but thought she had changed somewhat. Actually wanted Laura M. to win, but she would probably have been picked off, too, or would have screwed up with Ciera. Still, Laura would have been a formidable challenge opponent...surprised that she let the balancing act thing get to her (thought she was still going to make it when Tina's vase wobbled).

As far as even numbers making ties possible, there could still be a three-way split with nine jury members. Not likely but possible. Be great if they did have a tie and, rather than splitting the $600,000 post-tax loot, Probst would make the tied finalists compete in a fire challenge live onstage for all the dough. Now, that would be can't-miss tv.

Reunion show was much better than recent ones and leagues better than last season's debacle when they didn't even allow some contestants on stage, barely talked to a few who were there, and spent tons of time talking to audience members. Have to wonder if they felt obligated to show everybody on stage and give them at least one question since the contestants had loved ones with them on the show. And, despite the blatant plug for the Millers featuring Cocky, Probst seemed to do a better job moving the show along and not letting anybody monopolize the conversation (while remaining respectful of Tina & Katie and not cutting them off when they described their family tragedy). Almost didn't watch the reunion show...glad I did now. Still wish they'd go back to the old style by showing clips of controversial or puzzling moments and asking contestants about them.

Good observations made in this thread about the lack of the fan favorite prize, the underwhelming rewards. Instead of waterfalls, visits to tribes to learn about local customs, etc., we get to see people scarfing down a bucket of chicken.

Decent season...lack of fireworks at Final Tribal sort of summed up the lackluster feel. Not that we need histrionics and faked outrage, but there wasn't a lot of animosity this season outside of Candice's wanting to bury Brad C.

Laura & Ciera really cleaned up well. Candice looks great with little or no makeup. Tyson could play Ginger Baker in a biopic about Cream.
Old 12-16-13, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
Tyson winning and ignoring Tina's high-five. Guy really can be a jackass but he's also very funny.
I saw that and laughed. Of course, Tyson is also the guy who had a hold of the bottom of Tina's ankle as she was struggling to talk about her son at the reunion so he does have some depth.
Old 12-16-13, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Tyson's deadpan humor is right up there with Bill Murray's.
Old 12-16-13, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by creekdipper
It was a better season for the most part due to the new concept, but IMHO it kind of fizzled toward the end when the Big Three Alliance stayed intact & picked off people one at a time.
That's not uncommon, though. As much as we'd like to see the Big Move, players are often reluctant to make it, especially at that stage. Monica didn't really have any incentive to go with Tina, for example.
Old 12-16-13, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They've definitely overdone it, but I don't mind returners as much as most seem to. I think they should drop 2 or 3 returners, and stick with the half/half or full all-star seasons every couple of cycles.
Old 12-17-13, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Was anyone able to make heads or tails about what in the world Kat was trying to say at the reunion show? Totally incomprehensible.
Old 12-17-13, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

She got a boob job to please her man.
Old 12-17-13, 10:10 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I always like "the walk" so I would have favored keeping it, but I'm OK if killing it allowed a couple more jury questions or whatever.

I figured Tyson was the favorite coming into the episode, but the last couple immunity wins I think sewed it up. If Monica had won them, it might have been closer.

Tyson winning and ignoring Tina's high-five. Guy really can be a jackass but he's also very funny.

I believe they've had an even number of jury members for a while now. It would be interesting to see a tie happen.
The lack of the walk and show intro really makes those early boots 100% forgettable. I really hate that Survivor continues to strip production down to trim costs. The location doesn't change anymore, and the challenges are often repeats or cheap puzzles.

I also read that the music producer, Russ Landau was fired from the show so no more cool theme music. The rewards were really lame this year too. Ice cream as a end game reward. Pathetic.
Old 12-18-13, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Wow, looks like I was right. No fan favorite this season. CBS getting cheap, I guess.
Maybe they were afraid that Rupert would win (again) and people like me would never watch the show again.
Old 12-18-13, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
This is also the first year as far back as I can remember where they didn't do the "walk of shame"--the tribute walk where they recounted all the contestants throughout the season. Not sure why....
For whatever reason they didn't do (or show) it, I did not miss that, or the family reunion/videos from home, or the rewards like helicopter rides or working with the local poor children. Glad they skipped all of that.
Old 12-18-13, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

They really shouldn't have given any airtime to that asshat Colton. It's bad enough that they brought him back in the first place, but they have to continue to give him a platform?

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32
I also read that the music producer, Russ Landau was fired from the show so no more cool theme music.
Wow, that sucks.

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32
The rewards were really lame this year too. Ice cream as a end game reward. Pathetic.
One of the things I dislike about Redemption Island is the loss of the reward challenge in each episode, but yeah, no car this season or stuff like that. Maybe the sponsors pulled out? I can understand not having the family visit or cellphone call given the concept of this season.
Old 12-18-13, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Man, Laura was hot on the jury. Made me fine with her not winning the challenge.

I wonder if we'll be seeing Aras and Vitas on The Amazing Race anytime soon?
Old 12-18-13, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I figured Tyson was the favorite coming into the episode, but the last couple immunity wins I think sewed it up. If Monica had won them, it might have been closer.

If I was to ever play I would definitely want a guy like Tyson there. He doesn't take everything so damn seriously and seems to understand it is a game, so why not have some fun with it. He is also a very good player of the game, this season especially. Good for him for winning.
Old 12-18-13, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Timber
Man, Laura was hot on the jury. Made me fine with her not winning the challenge.
She was wearing way too much make up.
Old 12-18-13, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Yeah, Larua is hot. I didn't even mind the hairy armpits.
Old 12-19-13, 04:36 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Yeah, Larua is hot. I didn't even mind the hairy armpits.
Obviously, since she got you so worked up that you gave her a more exotic name.

"Larua...they call the wind Larua."
Old 12-19-13, 10:24 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Flix
Was anyone able to make heads or tails about what in the world Kat was trying to say at the reunion show? Totally incomprehensible.
She was attempting to be coy and make a joke at the same time, and her brain couldn't handle the workload.
Old 06-24-14, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

According to many on Twitter, it seems that Caleb (Colton's fiance) has died. He is supposedly the subject of this article: http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article/.../apn/306249619
Old 06-24-14, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts

Hmm I don't see anything on my Twitter feed. Usually TMZ or Dalton Ross would report something like this.

Sure it's not just a rumor? Does anyone substantiate it?
Old 06-24-14, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

It's pinned at the top of the Sucks message board.

Last edited by mwbmis; 06-24-14 at 10:10 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.