Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Black Mirror -- British anthology series -- Seasons 1 & 2 -- Channel 4 / Netflix

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Black Mirror -- British anthology series -- Seasons 1 & 2 -- Channel 4 / Netflix

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-15, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
re: Black Mirror -- British anthology series -- Seasons 1 & 2 -- Channel 4 / Netflix

But Rafe Spall is British and didn't fake an American accent! Thus UNACCEPTABLE.

You got red on you.
Old 01-30-15, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
re: Black Mirror -- British anthology series -- Seasons 1 & 2 -- Channel 4 / Netflix

I'm not going to jump on any ships until I see the final product.

Black Mirror is close to perfect as it is. I won't stop enjoying the British show. So I kind of hope the American version tries to do something different. Maybe make it an 8 episode season with one main story.
Old 01-30-15, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
Cool

Odds of it being good though are very low.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
would be down for this if they do original different eps and not just knock off the excellent brit verisons...
Old 02-01-15, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Started watching the show with my wife, and she couldn't handle it. Too dark and depressing for her.

I'm in the middle of the Waldo episode. What's the best, legal, way to watch the Christmas episode if I don't have DirecTV?
Old 02-01-15, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3
I'm in the middle of the Waldo episode. What's the best, legal, way to watch the Christmas episode if I don't have DirecTV?
The DVD is coming out in the UK on Feb 9:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Mirror...dp/B00R1MMKNK/

You'll need a region-free DVD player that can handle PAL-NTSC conversion.
Old 02-01-15, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess I will wait until it hits Netflix. Not interested in the SD version.
Old 02-01-15, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 554 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3
Started watching the show with my wife, and she couldn't handle it. Too dark and depressing for her.

It was up on Youtube when I watched it a month ago. From the official Black Mirror page.
Old 03-05-15, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

I didn't like the first episode. Too in your face, and the point of how subservient we can be to technology was overshadowed by the, er, other stuff.

I just watched White Bear, E5 (s2e2). Holy crap. This and 15 Million Merits are my favorites, with History of You a close second (third).
I feel a little dirty after White Bear. I guess that's the point. So many great comments on society.
Old 09-09-15, 09:11 AM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Charlie Brooker's dystopian drama series Black Mirror has been snapped up by Netflix, RadioTimes.com understands.

The streaming giant is understood to have agreed terms with Brooker and his independent production company House of Tomorrow to make "multiple episodes” of the dystopian drama, according to sources involved in the negotiations.

Netflix has already shown episodes of the drama, which first aired on Channel 4, in the US. The series has proved a word-of-mouth hit since launching in December, with some fans even holding Black Mirror viewing parties.

As RadioTimes.com revealed in May, Netflix was in talks with Brooker and House of Tomorrow over a possible deal, which has reportedly progressed. It is understood that Brooker is currently writing scripts for a new run of the Channel 4-originated drama which explores the dark and troubling aspects of technology.

So far, Channel 4 has aired two series and a Christmas special of the show and is likely to be keen to acquire future episodes of the drama and be the first UK broadcaster to air them.

The last Black Mirror episode, White Christmas, featured Mad Men star Jon Hamm and Rafe Spall in a troubling future world where you could “block” people in real life in the same way you can now do on Twitter.

Spokespeople for Netflix and Channel 4 said they were unable to comment at the time of publication.

However a Channel 4 source said that the broadcaster was going to have a first look deal on the new episodes.
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-...a-netflix-show
Old 09-10-15, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Netflix needs to put the Christmas special up already.
Old 09-10-15, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
It's still in DirecTV's exclusivity window, I think.

Last edited by RichC2; 09-10-15 at 08:47 AM.
Old 09-10-15, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
Was able to catch this and it's more good stuff..

I do hope they start giving us some semi regular installments, this show is so good..
Old 09-10-15, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

As much as I love what we have of Black Mirror, I do hope he has more ideas moving forward, the series started repeating quite a few themes by the end -- and I feel the movie was a solid "capper" to the world they were playing in.
Old 09-25-15, 08:36 AM

Get ready for more mind-bending: Netflix has picked up the critically acclaimed sci-fi anthology series “Black Mirror” for a run of 12 all-new episodes, Variety has confirmed.

The buzzy, bizarre British series vaulted into the cultural zeitgeist when Netflix bought exclusive U.S. streaming rights for the original seven episodes of the series, which won an international Emmy Award, a Peabody Award and a Rose D’Or. “Mad Men” star — and recent Emmy winner — Jon Hamm starred in the Christmas episode.

House of Tomorrow’s Charlie Brooker and Annabel Jones, who executive produced the first seven episodes, will continue to serve as executive producers and showrunners for the new episodes. Brooker has already started writing the new episodes, which will begin production later this year in the U.K.

“It’s all very exciting — a whole new bunch of ‘Black Mirror’ episodes on the most fitting platform imaginable,” said Brooker. “Netflix connects us with a global audience so that we can create bigger, stranger, more international and diverse stories than before, whilst maintaining that ‘Black Mirror’ feel. I just hope none of these new story ideas come true.”

Said Cindy Holland, Netflix’s VP of original content, “Charlie has created a one-of-a-kind series with an uncanny voice and prescient, darkly comedic vision.”

Details on premiere date weren’t yet available. The series will premiere internationally in all Netflix territories, outside the U.K. and Ireland.

Brooker and Jones are repped by CAA and attorneys Jeanne Newman and Matt Levy of Hansen Jacobson.
http://variety.com/2015/digital/news...es-1201602037/
Old 09-25-15, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

When I saw the thread bump I thought it was about this story:

'Black Mirror' impossibly predicted David Cameron's #PigGate scandal
Old 09-25-15, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

There's also Brazilian inmates reduce sentence by hitting the bike

12 episode season 3 is double seasons 1 and 2 combined, hopefully they can keep the quality up.
Old 09-25-15, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah 12 episodes is a lot for a show like this. I'm sure they'll have their fair share of gems but I'm not expecting all of them to hit it out of the park.
Old 09-25-15, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I do have to wonder if it will be a 12 episode season, or four three episode seasons.
Old 11-24-15, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The Black Mirror: White Christmas special from last year is scheduled to be added onto Netflix on Christmas Day.
Old 11-24-15, 12:40 PM

Nice. Thanks.
Old 02-10-16, 05:06 PM

EXCLUSIVE– Brit director Joe Wright is set to direct an episode of Netflix’s keenly-anticipated new series of Charlie Brooker’s anthology series Black Mirror with Bryce Dallas Howard and Alice Eve on-board to star. Created and written by Brooker, Black Mirror taps into our collective unease with the modern world and each stand-alone episode is a suspenseful tale exploring themes of contemporary techno-paranoia. The series, which premiered on Channel 4 in 2011 and aired for two seasons, has received an international Emmy Award, a Peabody Award, a Rose D’Or and been nominated for a BAFTA.

It marks an interesting creative choice for Wright after the big budget Pan for Warner Bros. The director, who first emerged as one of the UK’s most exciting young directors with the likes of Pride and Prejudice and Atonement, should revel in the dark humour that permeates throughout the Black Mirror universe.

It was announced last year that Netflix would be ordering 12 new eps of the acclaimed series from Brooker’s House of Tomorrow. Brooker and Annabel Jones, who exec produced the first seven episodes of the series, will continue to serve in that capacity on the new series as well as showrunners for the new eps, which Brooker has written. House of Tomorrow is a part of the Endemol Shine Group.
http://deadline.com/2016/02/joe-wrig...ar-1201699785/
Old 04-29-16, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

10 Cloverfield Lane director Dan Trachtenberg is set to helm a Black Mirror episode.

I think that's a good choice, he's pretty deft at character interactions and suspense, even if that end of that movie didn't quite gel.
Old 07-22-16, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Just watched the two seasons--really good stuff, though I'm kinda glad it's over. I agree that the Waldo episode wasn't one of the better ones, but I didn't think it was horrible, and it was a break from the intensity of the first two of that season.

I'll probably watch the Christmas one for the holiday challenge.
Old 07-27-16, 02:40 PM

Here's the best news you'll hear all day: we're only a few months away from new episodes of Black Mirror.

The show, which originally aired on the UK's Channel 4, was picked up for a third season by the good folks at Netflix. We knew that series creator Charlie Brooker was hard at work on this new batch of episodes, but it wasn't until today that we learned when the show would be returning: October 21st.

Black Mirror's third season will be comprised of six new episodes, all of which will have some highly-talented people (including 10 Cloverfield Lane director Dan Trachtenberg and Bryce Dallas Howard) directing and starring in them. We have no idea what any of them will be about, of course, but we can probably rest assured that each will be a complete and total mindfuck.
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/07/...ive-in-october
Old 07-27-16, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Sweet.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.