Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sons of Anarchy -- "You Are My Sunshine" -- 12/03/13

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-13, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sons of Anarchy -- "You Are My Sunshine" -- 12/03/13

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
I don't think she's even the most annoying character on the show. I think Gemma has her beat there easily.
LMFAO , wow i swear i felt like ive been the only one feeling that way towards Tara for quite some time now. Couldnt stand the devious broad sinceth e beginning. Cnt wait to see her get whats comin to her already !!!
Old 12-05-13, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by slop101
I do dig the Nero character and he's the first good thing the show's done in a long while. They need to kill off SoA and spin off Smit's into his own show.
If Gemma gets to come along, Sagal gets to continue the singing on the show, and there can still be plenty of man sex featured, Sutter is in. Those are his three favorite things.

ETA: Can we get Blair Underwood cast as a foil for Smits in the next season of SoA? It would be teh awesome from a long time LA Law fan.
Old 12-05-13, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
He told him about the girl early in the season that "overdosed." Juice told him that he gave her the heroin to overdose, killing her.
Juice only gave her half of the heroin. She actually overdosed on the pillow that Juice put over her face.
Old 12-08-13, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Had a 5 episode marathon tonight.

All caught up heading into the season finale.

I've enjoyed this season alot, despite the inflated episodes. I think 4 of the last 5 I watched were 90 minutes. Is this a new record for Sutter? I swear I think at least 8 or 9 of the 12 episodes were 75 minutes or longer.

The Finale on Tuesday is 110 minutes. Really? 50 minutes of pad? I know Sutter can't produce a 2 hour finale otherwise it would count as 2 episodes and they would need to bill FX for a 14th episode.

Some quick thoughts:

Anways, Tara is an idiot. Kidnapping Abel and Thomas? Really?

Glad Jax got his head out of his ass.

Juice is a huge pussy.

The Sons taking out all the Chinese in this episode was crazy.

I think Jimmy James mentioned it before, but it would not surprise me one bit if FX greenlit a 16-20 episode 7th season and split it over 2 years. This is still FX's highest rated drama and I think FX will want to milk the expected "Final season" like what AMC did with Breaking Bad. I would if all the episodes were 90 minutes each.
Old 12-09-13, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, so is it just me or was this the longest episode of the season where nothing really happened?

Every fucking thing has been all over the place. These super-extra extended episodes serve no purpose, but here we are with all but one episode this season clocking in at 90 minutes.

Can someone explain what Tara's line of thinking was kidnapping the kids when she had a deal on the table? Really? Haven't we already had a search for Jax's son span an entire season?

It's just like shit happens in this show and it's all improv. This episode was completely disjointed in every way possible. I'm glad it's almost ever, this season has been as bad as Season 3.
Old 12-09-13, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by My Other Self
Can someone explain what Tara's line of thinking was kidnapping the kids when she had a deal on the table?
Perhaps that while she doesn't want her kids growing up in that lifestyle, she has no real desire to see the man she loves in prison with one of his great loves (the club) destroyed.
Old 12-09-13, 08:54 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

yeah, that's how I read it.
Old 12-09-13, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by MikahC
Perhaps that while she doesn't want her kids growing up in that lifestyle, she has no real desire to see the man she loves in prison with one of his great loves (the club) destroyed.
She's presented as a mother who would put her children above anything. She is risking her life and their lives by just going on the run vs taking the protection.
Old 12-09-13, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

I get that Tara is looking out for her kids, but I think she handled the whole situation poorly. Faking the pregnancy, framing Gemma for assault and turning Jax against his mother. But yeah it's a TV show, so handling it the smart way wouldn't make for very compelling TV.
Old 12-09-13, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I dunno. I'm all for show runners having full creative control over their programs but this is one case where the person is clearly too unable too self involved with the product they're creating. Nearly every extended episode this season was unnecessary and several character arcs (I'm starring at you Gemma) are just plain bad. I'll watch next season since its the last one but I can't think of one logical thing they could be doing.
Old 12-09-13, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
I get that Tara is looking out for her kids, but I think she handled the whole situation poorly. Faking the pregnancy, framing Gemma for assault and turning Jax against his mother. But yeah it's a TV show, so handling it the smart way wouldn't make for very compelling TV.
It's difficult to come out ahead against Gemma when Katey Sagal is fucking the guy making the show.
Old 12-09-13, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by starseed1981
I dunno. I'm all for show runners having full creative control over their programs but this is one case where the person is clearly too unable too self involved with the product they're creating. Nearly every extended episode this season was unnecessary and several character arcs (I'm starring at you Gemma) are just plain bad. I'll watch next season since its the last one but I can't think of one logical thing they could be doing.
The Gemma shit is argument number one for why the showrunner shouldn't be allowed to cast his fucking wife in the show. Can somebody find me an example where that shit went well? The best I can say top of my head is that compared to this shit, the Chiklis (daughter) and Ryan were judiciously used. I mean I guess I don't mind Rebecca Pidgeon so much in most Mamet films and other productions.

I frankly don't blame Sutter so much for the show overruns, though. I think that's clearly the network saying "this shit is fucking gold, Kurt, we'd like to just run it as initially cut" not because it's true but because it lets them sell more spots.