Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead -- Mid-Season Finale -- "Too Far Gone" -- 12/01/13

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-13, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Mid-Season Finale -- "Too Far Gone" -- 12/01/13

Great episode. Didn't want to see Herschel get killed off but at least that asshole Gov get gutted by Micchone. I also don't think Judith is dead but inside the prison with the kids and Tyresse.
Old 12-02-13, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

My guess is that Maggie has Judith b/c we didn't see where she went.
Old 12-02-13, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

So who is alive?

Lily and Tara from the outsiders

Beth & Daryl

Maggie, Sasha and doc

Tyrese and the girls

Rick and Karl.

I honestly thought that Tara and lily would die, but I'm guessing they have more in store
Old 12-02-13, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JZ1276
So is this the end of the disease? How'd all of the infected all of a sudden become cured?
Did you somehow miss the three-episode arc where the group led by Darryl made a run to a veterinary college to collect medicine to bring back and treat the people who were sick?

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
One of the absolute best episodes in the whole series, if not THE best!
I liked the episode but didn't love it because it had some pretty lazy writing.

My biggest beef was the idea that the Governor and his people could drive an M60 tank and a bunch of SUVs up to the front gate of the prison without being seen or heard. Which means, not only is everyone in the prison deaf, they've also apparently abandoned the idea of having anyone on watch.

And then, when they are confronted with a group where the key people are standing out in the open fully or at least partially exposed (the Governor, the people with the guns on Herschel and Michonne, and the two guys on top of the tank), the prison people, who have rifles and are in positions of concealment, don't start shooting until it's too late. And when they do, they can't hit the broad side of a barn.
Old 12-02-13, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

I thought the episode was pretty lame and completely unrealistic as usual, but although I watch I am not much of a fan of the show. Almost think I am watching just to see annoying Carl die a horrific death, he is one of the lamest characters on TV
Old 12-02-13, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
I liked the episode but didn't love it because it had some pretty lazy writing.

My biggest beef was the idea that the Governor and his people could drive an M60 tank and a bunch of SUVs up to the front gate of the prison without being seen or heard. Which means, not only is everyone in the prison deaf, they've also apparently abandoned the idea of having anyone on watch.

And then, when they are confronted with a group where the key people are standing out in the open fully or at least partially exposed (the Governor, the people with the guns on Herschel and Michonne, and the two guys on top of the tank), the prison people, who have rifles and are in positions of concealment, don't start shooting until it's too late. And when they do, they can't hit the broad side of a barn.
Although I enjoyed this episode, I had these same gripes. Also, other than Mitch (who was basically a loon as well as the Governor's bitch), why were the Governor's crew so kill crazy? When Mitch started blasting the tank, I would have assumed everyone else would have left the Governor and Mitch to wage their little war on their lonesome.
Old 12-02-13, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by JZ1276
I think he was talking about Meghan when the walker came up from in the ground and bit her... the mother was sitting on the dock pretty far away and I was also thinking how the mother was pretty far from her.
You're right. I totally misread that. And, yes, Lilly's careless attitude towards Meghan's safety was ridiculous. Especially when you consider that her daughter was almost bitten by a walker the day before.
Old 12-02-13, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That shootout was a great scene.

While Rick was making his speech about living together and Herschel started to smile, I knew he was dead. Going to miss him, but at least Michonne finally got her revenge on the Gov.

Very happy to see the tank driver get an arrow. Surprised to see the Gov's "daughter" get bit. You don't usually see it when a child dies from a zombie.

I guess the second part of the season may be about all the splinter groups reconnecting.
Old 12-02-13, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Mondo Kane

Did anybody else recognize Clara making her way into the prison at the end? Nice touch.
Is that who they were talking about during The Talking Dead? Because I have no clue who they were talking about.
Old 12-02-13, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Although I enjoyed this episode, I had these same gripes. Also, other than Mitch (who was basically a loon as well as the Governor's bitch), why were the Governor's crew so kill crazy? When Mitch started blasting the tank, I would have assumed everyone else would have left the Governor and Mitch to wage their little war on their lonesome.
I agree. Most of them really didn't have a dog in the fight. Compare them with the group from Woodbury, who were under the Governor's rule for a lot longer and had trained a lot harder. Most of the people in this group would have run as soon as they saw the Governor behead a nice old man and the shooting started.

I hope the lesbian cop is added to the permanent cast. She seems smart and capable, not to mention kind of cute. I was a little disappointed she didn't come to her senses and join the fight for the prison group a little quicker.
Old 12-02-13, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure about Judith. My initial thought was that she's alive because her body would be in the car seat if she were dead. But maybe they (producers/AMC/whoever) decided not to show a dead baby.

So, Tyrese is with the children. The writers are going to make him follow their lead, right?

What was Tyrese trying to show Daryl and Rick? A hole in the wall? An altar?

The "army" walks right past the bus where everyone saw Rick ran behind?

So a sick Glenn is with the remaining Woodbury redshirts? He's toast.

With Daryl and Beth, I wonder if they go looking for Carol.

Currently watching Talking dead:
- Lauren's hot
- Alisha's death in slow motion is awesome
- A 31 year old woman is Carl's stunt double
- What a great preview clip for the 2nd half...
Old 12-02-13, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

She seems smart and capable, not to mention kind of cute.
I agree she's kinda cute. But "smart and capable" is the total opposite of how I would describe her. This is the dumbass that left her sidearm on the table where the Governor (a total stranger to her at the time) could have swiped it and shot her and her family with it. She's just a dumbass and a bit of a boaster. Also, she wasn't a cop. She was an academy washout.
Old 12-02-13, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dalbowski
What was Tyrese trying to show Daryl and Rick? A hole in the wall? An altar?
It was a rabbit. It looked like it was deboned and flattened against a small board.
Old 12-02-13, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It was a rabbit. It looked like it was deboned and flattened against a small board.
Yeah, just caught the replay. When I first saw it, it looked like something was melted on the wall.

That "psychopath" is definitely the girl. And now Tyrese and her are together.
Old 12-02-13, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Very similar to the comics I'm guessing:
Spoiler:
The groups are split up and Carl has to take care of injured Rick for a while. The group will combine again and eventually run into Abraham's group, who was broadcasting that message on the radio earlier in the season.

I do have to wonder if they will ever address the MASSIVE group of zombies that the team found when they went out for the medical supplies.
Old 12-02-13, 01:40 AM

"'Walking Dead' Showrunner [Scott Gimple] Talks Bloody Midseason Finale (Exclusive)"
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-gimple-660859
Old 12-02-13, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dalbowski
What was Tyrese trying to show Daryl and Rick? A hole in the wall?.
It was a dissected animal, I believe a rabbit, laid out like you would a frog in biology class.

This follows a similar storyline in the comics, which along with a comment made in the episode by Daryl, leads me to believe a supposition I and some others had a few episodes back about who really killed Karen and Frank, may be more on the money than some folks may have thought. I'm going to spoilerize this, as it contains some elements from the comics storyline, but most of it is my reasoning why I'm thinking where this might be going.

Spoiler:
In the comics, there are a set of twin boys whose father gets killed, and they are then being raised by Dale and Andrea. They come across one of the boys with a dissected animal (a cat or something, I forget exactly), and later that same boy kills his brother in a similar manner. My line of thought is they are simply substituting Lizzie and Mika for the boys, that Lizzie is really the one who killed Karen and Frank, that Carol covered for her, and that they will eventual find all this out. All the evidence is there in little things they've shown in the season so far for those who, have been paying attention. Consider this...

- Remember, Mika told Carol that Lizzie wasn't weak, she was just messed up.
- Lizzie was upset that her favorite walker, "Nick", the one with the name tag on his shirt, got killed.
- Who were two of the people on walker killing fence patrol that day? Karen and Frank, who also conveintly turn up dead not long after Lizzie takes the knife which Carol gives her.
- Lizzie was the one drawing pictures of the walkers and treating them like pets. As such, she was also most likely the one feeding the walkers at the fence the rats.
- When Rick is investigating the crime scene to figure out what happened with Karen & Frank getting killed, he finds a small bloody handprint, low on the doorframe. He assumes it is likely a woman's and this is why he confronts Carol. But what if it was a girl's, and not a woman's?
- When she was luring the walker away from Glen in the sick ward of the prison a few episodes back, she again treated the walker like one would a dog - saying "come here boy". Then she played with the pool of blood on the cell floor with her boot, at the end of that crisis, which fairly creepy, too.
- She also proved to be a pretty damn good shot, nailing Alisha right between the eyes in this past episode.

Oh, and the comment that Daryl made when Rick told him why he sent Carol away, was "That's her, but it's not her", meaning even he didn't think it added up right somehow.

Last edited by Rocketdog2000; 12-02-13 at 02:09 AM.
Old 12-02-13, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocketdog2000
It was a dissected animal, I believe a rabbit.

This follows a similar storyline in the comics, which along with a comment made in the episode by Daryl, leads me to believe a supposition I and some others had a few episodes back about who really killed Karen and Frank, may be more on the money than some folks may have thought.

Spoiler:
In the comics, there are a set of twin boys whose father gets killed, and they are then being raised by Dale and Andrea. They come across one of the boys with a dissected animal (a cat or something, I forget exactly), and later that same boy kills his brother in a similar manner. My line of thought is they are simply substituting Lizzie and Mika for the boys, that Lizzie is really the one who killed Karen and Frank, that Carol covered for her, and that they will eventual find all this out. All the evidence is there in little things they've shown in the season so far, for those who, have been paying attention. Consider this...

- Remember, Mika told Carol that Lizzie wasn't weak, she was just messed up. - - Lizzie was upset that her favorite walker, "Nick", the one with the name tag on his shirt, got killed.
- Who were two of the people on walker killing fence patrol that day? Karen and Frank, who also conveintly turn up dead not long after Lizzie takes the knife which Carol gives her.
- Lizzie was the one drawing pictures of the walkers and treating them like pets. As such, she was also most likely the one feeding the walkers at the fence the rats.
- When Rick is investigating the crime scene to figure out what happened with Karen & Frank getting killed, he finds a small bloody handprint, low on the doorframe. He assumes it is likely a woman's and this is why he confronts Carol. But what if it was a girl's, and not a woman's?
- When she was luring the walker away from Glen in the sick ward of the prison a few episodes back, she again treated the walker like one would a dog - saying "come here boy". Then she played with the pool of blood on the cell floor with her boot, at the end of that crisis, which fairly creepy, too.
- She also proved to be a pretty damn good shot, nailing Alisha right between the eyes in this past episode.

Oh, and the comment that Daryl made when Rick told him why he sent Carol away, was "That's her, but it's not her", meaning even he didn't think it added up right somehow.
Good job, but you missed one!

Spoiler:
Dale and Rick never had the chance to tell Tyrese about Carol. He still thinks the dead animals and the the two deaths are related, and he conveniently left the prison with who ... the two girls.
Old 12-02-13, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Good job, but you missed one!

Spoiler:
Dale and Rick never had the chance to tell Tyrese about Carol. He still thinks the dead animals and the the two deaths are related, and he conveniently left the prison with who ... the two girls.
True. You're right, I did forget that one.
Old 12-02-13, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 727 Likes on 531 Posts

I kept thinking that Bob was the one doing the rat thing. He's having his problems of trying to keep his mind occupied that he tried to drink his way into a stupor. I mean what was in that box he was looking at and grabbed before Sasha came to talk to him?
Old 12-02-13, 02:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

why were the Governor's crew so kill crazy? When Mitch started blasting the tank, I would have assumed everyone else would have left the Governor and Mitch to wage their little war on their lonesome.
I would've assumed everyone would have second thoughts after Rick mentioned his group had children then the Gov killed Herschel in cold blood.
Old 12-02-13, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Did you somehow miss the three-episode arc where the group led by Darryl made a run to a veterinary college to collect medicine to bring back and treat the people who were sick?
That doesn't explain the lack of infected walkers.
Old 12-02-13, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Great mid-season finale. Like others said, this should have just been the end of Season 3 with Woodbury attacking, so i'm annoyed that they wasted half a season just to stretch things out.
Old 12-02-13, 04:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Been reading the comics, so I was SHOCKED to see them turn Michone into such a pussy for the tv series!
I have thought the same thing a few times. Sometimes she does well and others times I wonder what happened.
Old 12-02-13, 05:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I had a thought last night and I hope I'm wrong but... Does it strike anyone else as odd that they seem to have made an effort not to confirm the death of the Governor? Sure they had the symbolism with the chess piece being trampled but, Michonne never confirmed her kill (at that point I assumed we'd at least see the walkers chow down on the Governor) and then when Lilly supposedly finishes him off, we only see the gun fire (and not even from the Governor's POV). Heck, even Tara's booty call got an onscreen death during this episode. It's as if they left the door open for themselves to bring him back (however illogical) later down the road.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.