DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Sons of Anarchy -- "Aon Rud Persanta" -- 11/19/13 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/615375-sons-anarchy-aon-rud-persanta-11-19-13-a.html)

DJariya 11-19-13 10:06 PM

Sons of Anarchy -- "Aon Rud Persanta" -- 11/19/13

https://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/...72331828_n.jpg

Synopsis:

Episode 11 / Production #611 - "Aon Rud Persanta" (Airs November 19, 10:00 pm e/p) - Tension mounts as the club makes a bold move to finally get out of guns. Written by Chris Collins & Kurt Sutter; directed by Peter Weller.

Read more: Listings - SONS OF ANARCHY on FX | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2l9h3aNwj

Episode 11 of 13

dex14 11-19-13 10:11 PM

Re: Sons of Anarchy -- "Aon Rud Persanta" -- 11/19/13

About damn time they finally did it. Should've done it in the hospital long ago. Dragged that out way too long. Keeping him around added nothing and didn't really serve any purpose.

majorjoe23 11-19-13 10:35 PM

I was surprised, just because I figured Clay had survived so much that Sutter must have been keeping him around for the final season.

thelwig14 11-20-13 12:27 AM

Two seasons too late.

wirefan 11-20-13 02:55 AM

:up: :lol: Tara (reciting not even half of Clay's sins): "Clay should have been dead a long time ago"

Was starting to get excited about the show again after last week but this week kind of backslid for me.
- Did they not disarm the guards (if not tie them up) when they freed Clay? They showed them opening the doors so they had access to them. Seemed kind of a weak way to get Bobby shot and open up the Tara bullet angle.
- I'll be disappointed if the Clay/Galen story holds up and SAMCRO finally gets out of the gun biz this way. After hearing season after season about how hard and delicate it would be to get out of guns, I hope some staged shootout is not enough to convince the Irish and then get them to suddenly start selling to Pope's #2
- I really hope the Claudette storyline does not go into next season and it somehow wraps up this season. Was kind of hoping it would have been more or less wrapped up after tonight, but no such luck.

Originally Posted by majorjoe23 (Post 11916339)
I was surprised, just because I figured Clay had survived so much that Sutter must have been keeping him around for the final season.

Yeah I was in that same boat too. I give Sutter some credit for not dragging it out to the end, even if it took way too long. (That's pretty much the ridiculously low standard I now have for this show).

uteotw 11-20-13 08:34 AM

I'm still loving this season. I give Clay credit for going out the way he did, he knew he deserved it and he took it like a man. I assume Jax shot him in the neck instead of the head on purpose, just to make him suffer a little bit more? That was a pretty rough scene but it had to happen (finally). (And yeah, zip-tying the guards' hands would've seemed obvious, not just leave 'em walking around with guns.)

starseed1981 11-20-13 08:40 AM

Should've happened in season 4 and, still, way to much screen time for Gemma. Other than that it was a solid episode.

Charlie Goose 11-20-13 08:44 AM

So Tara's cockamamie plan to get her and the kids out of SAMCRO blows up in her face, and just when it seems that she's not going to get killed for it, she immediately makes a deal with the DA that could also easily blow up in her face.

starseed1981 11-20-13 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose (Post 11916699)
So Tara's cockamamie plan to get her and the kids out of SAMCRO blows up in her face, and just when it seems that she's not going to get killed for it, she immediately makes a deal with the DA that could also easily blow up in her face.

Because it would make no sense to end the arc of a character who's arc has naturally run past its due time. This, is a Kutterism. As seen on SOA.

MikahC 11-20-13 09:59 AM

I don't hate Gemma. She's integral to that club. Her screen time doesn't bother me. I don't hate Katey singing as I mostly ignore it anyway.

The only time I can say I budged off liking this show was during the Abel kidnapping season. And even then, it wasn't because it was "bad" TV. Rather, I just wasn't as interested in watching the show uprooted from the environs we'd come to know.

Other than Gemma, there's been no suggestion that Jax or the club planned to kill Tara. Jax was (by his own words) trying to get his head on straight about the situation. Gemma has her own reasons to go right to suggesting Jax would nuke Tara. Jax still loves Tara. Tara still loves Jax too. I'm interested in seeing how their story plays out. The problem is, it's quite possible to love someone even when they're not good for you.

The only deal Tara has made with the DA is to think about things overnight. She clarified what would be necessary to cement a deal, but she didn't agree to take one.

Seeing the event occur was kind of powerful to me. I started the episode with no idea it was coming. Katey did a good job of wrapping up, "I really hate him! (But only because of how much I really loved him)" all while in close proximity to her new squeeze.

Gemma: You could always marry me.
Nero: No offense, mama [but I'll pass]. I've seen what happens to your husbands.

The amazing thing about their relationship is even after Nero says those words, they continue right on loving and supporting each other. It's an interesting relationship.

I know he has cancer, but they need to give Unser at least a hint of some testacles. Right now he's a little puppy trailing his owner looking for love and getting kicked daily instead. Gemma wouldn't feel that way about him even if there were no Nero in the picture. Buck up, Johnny. Unser's way too old to be fixated on someone he can't have. He'd do better to have regularly schedule gratis visits to Diosa.

EddieMoney 11-20-13 11:03 AM

The Clay killing was a bit unexpected. Maybe it was the brutality of it, especially with everyone looking on.

HN 11-20-13 12:17 PM

jesus christ what happened with the whole tara catching jax with colette?

uteotw 11-20-13 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by EddieMoney (Post 11916924)
The Clay killing was a bit unexpected. Maybe it was the brutality of it, especially with everyone looking on.

Yeah no kidding, esp. with the way they left the blinds open with everyone standing just right outside. Brutal.

EddieMoney 11-20-13 02:36 PM

Forgot to mention that Tara's ass is great, and so are her tits.

Deftones 11-20-13 03:42 PM

so what the hell is going to happen next year? seems odd that they'd kill of one of the main characters of the show. clay coming back into town could've been a good reason to keep him around for next season.

anomynous 11-20-13 03:58 PM

Next season?

I bet there will be a few times Jax's family is messed with, Jesus Christ might be said, and montages to Katey Sagal songs.

Deftones 11-20-13 04:25 PM

well yeah, if next year is going to be the last season and they hold to that, saving the death of Clay until then makes more sense.

Red Dog 11-20-13 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by uteotw (Post 11916679)
I'm still loving this season. I give Clay credit for going out the way he did, he knew he deserved it and he took it like a man. I assume Jax shot him in the neck instead of the head on purpose, just to make him suffer a little bit more? That was a pretty rough scene but it had to happen (finally). (And yeah, zip-tying the guards' hands would've seemed obvious, not just leave 'em walking around with guns.)

Yeah, letting the guards be free was dumb but everything else about this episode was great.

UltimateX1 11-21-13 08:49 PM

I believe I counted four music montages this episode. Jesus Christ Sutter, nobody is interested in hearing the shitty music on your friend's iPod. This garbage is also spilling over into The Walking Dead. Do the creators think they are being artsy or something by adding shitty songs every week to their shows? Also there should be a drinking game for each "shit" spoken on this show. It's like this show's "dammit" (24). Aside from the obvious stupidity of leaving the guards armed, I enjoyed this episode.

edstein 11-21-13 09:10 PM

I really like this show but I find myself more and more fast forwarding through any scenes with Tara or Jemma.

Dragon Tattoo 11-27-13 07:36 PM

I love how people are just now complaining about the music montages, as if every network and cable drama hasn't been doing the same thing since roughly 2002.

Jimmy James 11-27-13 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo (Post 11926518)
I love how people are just now complaining about the music montages, as if every network and cable drama hasn't been doing the same thing since roughly 2002.

Not on this scale, and not with the creator's wife having involvement in so damned much of the music.

mikehunt 11-29-13 10:55 PM

war. war never changes

mikehunt 11-29-13 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy James (Post 11926581)
Not on this scale, and not with the creator's wife having involvement in so damned much of the music.

it'd be ok if she could sing, but she can't