TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. -- "The Well" -- Sequel to Thor 2 -- 11/19/13

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-13, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. -- "The Well" -- Sequel to Thor 2 -- 11/19/13

Synopsis:

COULSON AND HIS TEAM ARE UNDER ATTACK WHEN AN ASGARDIAN RELIC THUNDERS INTO ABC'S "MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D."

"The Well"- In the aftermath of the events chronicled in the feature film THOR: THE DARK WORLD, Coulson and The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pick up the pieces -- one of which threatens to destroy a member of the team, on TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 19 (8:00-9:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Agent Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz and Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons.

Guest starring Peter MacNicol as Professor Elliot Randolph, Michael Graziadei as Jakob Nystrom, Erin Way as Petra Larsen, Toby Wilson as Neils, Alex Neustaedter as Maynard and Sylvia Brindis as Elena.

"The Well" was written by Monica Owusu-Breen and directed by Jonathan Frakes.

Episode 7 of 22

Sorry I was out tonight. I know this was a more highly anticipated episode since it's the "sequel" to Thor: The Dark World
Old 11-19-13, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. -- "The Well" -- Sequel to Thor 2 -- 11/19/13

Another snorefest despite the tie-in to The Dark World.
Old 11-19-13, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. -- "The Well" -- Sequel to Thor 2 -- 11/19/13

Ward used his staff and is now an Agent of C.O.U.G.A.R.
Old 11-19-13, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Didn't really care for this but I liked the ending. Ward and May knocking boots, getting it on, doing the nasty, rocking the boat, laying pipe, getting busy and drinking.

I kind of wish this was more like lego marvel with a ton of comic guys. Of the new sci fi or fantasy shows this is by far the worse. At first I thought they were going to send in a couple of people from the comics from Asgard but no. This show is like a girl that teases you but doesn't want to put out. Also she isn't that good looking to begin with.

I don't think the can really do anything with this show. They can't bring in comic guys and they can't make the show more serious.
Old 11-19-13, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wish Frakes had made a cameo.

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Didn't really care for this but I liked the ending. Ward and May knocking boots, getting it on, doing the nasty, rocking the boat, laying pipe, getting busy and drinking.
So many euphemisms. Implied rough sex on a channel owned by Disney. What's the expression for that ? Poor Skye.
Old 11-20-13, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did I fall asleep?

For a little while.

["Reset" phrase for every Active in Dollhouse]

I hear a lot of dumping on this show, but I love it.

There are tons of in-references that are important, especially concerning Coulson's recovery/robotic nature. I believe Coulson is going to become the Vision, which is way better than the comic book Vision, who has no personality and sucks. Well, Wonder Man's personality, which is worse.

I assume they'll go with some kind of Cylon-type version, where they have other 'created' bodies and his memory backed-up digitally and 'overwritten' into whichever brain they want.
Old 11-20-13, 04:54 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

He is basically the Quartermain portion of Nick Fury vs Shield with Captain America The Winter Soldier filling in the other portions.

And yes, Coulson becoming the Vision is totally perfect in the context of the films.
Old 11-20-13, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

I enjoyed it. Don't really get the complaints about not having super-heroes running around. I'm quite content with a show focused on SHIELD agents.
Old 11-20-13, 08:46 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For someone who hasn't seen Thor 2, will this episode spoil anything important from the film?
Old 11-20-13, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

not really other than one minor detail. but if you watched the trailers to the movie

Spoiler:
you already know there is a ship that comes to earth
Old 11-20-13, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 481 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by DRG
For someone who hasn't seen Thor 2, will this episode spoil anything important from the film?
No.

And this was definitely a good episode. This is the kind of thing that people wanted going in - SHIELD taking on people with super powers and loads of Avengers tie-ins.

I enjoyed this episode quite a bit (and have enjoyed all the episodes after the pilot - the show improved and grew quite a bit over the first 6 or 7 episodes after the pilot).
Old 11-20-13, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was one of the better episodes of the show.

Surprisingly with a just a few minor corrections over the last few episodes, Ward is actually a decent character.

With that, this episode did highlight that Skye is worst piece of the show, and it's not the silly orphan/serving two masters storyline (which was thankfully ignored this week), but the actress.
Old 11-20-13, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My favorite show now, until Elementary comes back on.

I like last nights show, I like the little subplots and where they could be leading.

The endings are like the comics...a few moments to tease you with future plots.
Old 11-20-13, 10:03 AM

Looking at the badges is interesting. Ward's badge is for only 2 years and was issued after May. I thought he was on the team when Coulson talked May into joining. Also, Coulson's badge expires in 2 years. I wonder if that portends some change.
Old 11-20-13, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

The show is marginally better than it was at the beginning, but it's still PAINFULLY mediocre I think I might be out for good after the next episode. There's too little time to spend watching TV, and I'm not wasting it on third-rate spy procedurals that just happen to take place in the Marvel universe.
Old 11-20-13, 12:02 PM

I'm genuinely liking the show, really liked this ep, and Ward is now my favorite character unless it turns out he and May just did drunken Tai Chi in that hotel room. And yes, the less Skye the better this show is.
Old 11-20-13, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,017 Likes on 628 Posts

Originally Posted by Iron_Giant

Elementary has been back on since September.
Old 11-20-13, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Iron_Giant
It's my favorite show too. I can't wait for them to finally get around to making an Avengers movie. It's my guess that they'll explain the whole cryptic Coulson "death" thing there and he dies in the movie.
Old 11-20-13, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

There was an Avengers movie?
Old 11-20-13, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Whedon shows tend to take a while to get going, but I really wish we'd be past the X-Files threat of the week stuff and get the plot into motion. That's if Whedon is doing much showrunning, the man has to sleep sometime. Was there an atheist undertone to this episode, or was it me? The scientists seemed bent out of shape about the "magic." If Thor and co are aliens, they sure look human . I wonder why Ward and May hooked up, just to blow off some stream? They don't seem to have much of a connection otherwise?
Old 11-20-13, 01:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This would be fine like 20 years ago. I'm still watching, I like the characters but if they had called it something else I don't know if I would have connected it that much to Marvel super heroes. I would have hinted a bit more at Thor's presence in some way. I want to feel like there are real super heroes in this world and i just don't. Just a bunch of okay agents. This feels closer to James Bond than Marvel.
Old 11-20-13, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Pizza
This would be fine like 20 years ago. I'm still watching, I like the characters but if they had called it something else I don't know if I would have connected it that much to Marvel super heroes. I would have hinted a bit more at Thor's presence in some way. I want to feel like there are real super heroes in this world and i just don't. Just a bunch of okay agents. This feels closer to James Bond than Marvel.
It's just about identical to that show on Fox from two years ago with Christian Slater called Breaking In. That other cancelled show Chaos with Freddy Rodriguez felt more spy-like to me.
Old 11-20-13, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm still enjoying this show - it's not the greatest, but there are some fun points.

The "Dollhouse" reference in this ep was jarring and impressive.
Old 11-20-13, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst113
I wonder why Ward and May hooked up, just to blow off some stream? They don't seem to have much of a connection otherwise?
They both had held the staff or parts of it.

I guess May wanted more staff
Old 11-20-13, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by barelypure
Looking at the badges is interesting. Ward's badge is for only 2 years and was issued after May. I thought he was on the team when Coulson talked May into joining. Also, Coulson's badge expires in 2 years. I wonder if that portends some change.
Also Coulson's serial number starts with SKJ while the others start with an A.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.