DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Family Guy (FOX) -- Discussion Thread [merged] (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/615308-family-guy-fox-discussion-thread-%5Bmerged%5D.html)

LorenzoL 05-15-05 10:40 AM

Family Guy (FOX) -- Discussion Thread [merged]

"Blind Ambition", Episode #404.

Spoiler:
When Peter becomes jealous of his friends' achievements, he decides to break a Guinness record so that he will be remembered after he dies.
Cast: Seth MacFarlane, Alex Borstein, Seth Green, Jennifer Tilly, Lori Alan, Johnny Brennan, Judd Hirsch, Gina Gershon, Gary Cole.

Producer(s): Seth MacFarlane, David Zuckerman.

Original Airdate: May 15, 2005.

BJacks 05-15-05 02:22 PM

Damn, I'll be out when this airs tonight. Hopefully I can figure out how to get my Tivo box to record it even though I cancelled the service.

NORML54601 05-15-05 04:50 PM

Bummer I'll have to miss this one. Watching Survivor & recording DH.

TheNightFlier 05-15-05 08:03 PM

rotfl

And Quagmire's back in fine form...

RoyalTea 05-15-05 08:07 PM

that chicken fight was awesome!!!

invisiblegt 05-15-05 08:07 PM

Damn you coupon-chicken!

Jobronie 05-15-05 08:14 PM

My two young sons went WILD when the chicken appeared. My 3 y/o was jumping up and down at the end, yelling: Chicken's still alive!! Chicken's still alive!!

"Renee Zellwegger"
"OK, that did it...."

"What's CPR???"

"Bonnie, haven't you been pregnant for like six years? Are you ever gonna have that baby or what....?"

mikehunt 05-15-05 08:18 PM

gigity gigity

Jobronie 05-15-05 08:21 PM

Boy, this whole season is turning into one big cameo fest: the Tumbler, the woman who was engaged to the man who was a woman who was a horse who was a broom, the chicken again, I forget who else I spotted......

invisiblegt 05-15-05 08:25 PM

"Jesus Christ!"

"What?"

"Get the Escalade, we're out of here."

TheNightFlier 05-15-05 08:30 PM

:lol:

Great ending.....

astrochimp 05-15-05 08:30 PM

Thought this was the best ep so far since the return of the show :)

mikehunt 05-15-05 08:32 PM

chewie got screwed yet again

MJG87 05-15-05 08:32 PM

Star Wars is definitely getting whored out in every way shape and form :lol:

LorenzoL 05-15-05 08:33 PM

Didn't find this episode as funny as the previous two but I got to give a big :up: for the ending.

dvdmovie1 05-15-05 08:35 PM

I actually thought this was the funniest of the three new episodes so far. Some brilliant moments - especially the ending.

darkside 05-15-05 08:48 PM

Thought this one was okay, but it had enough nice touches for a :up:

Oddly enough I'm liking American Dad tonight. That chase scene with the Raccoon was excellent. Especially him offering the acorn and sandwich. I can see they are also mixing in some 80's references as well.

invisiblegt 05-15-05 08:56 PM

Dave Chappelle Freakout Tent in "American Dad..."

Brent L 05-15-05 08:59 PM

The "Dave Chappelle Freak-Out Tent" on American Dad was great. I'd say that was my favorite episode of that show so far. Tonight's Sunday lineup was a lot better than last weeks.

Mad Dawg 05-15-05 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
The "Dave Chappelle Freak-Out Tent" on American Dad was great. I'd say that was my favorite episode of that show so far. Tonight's Sunday lineup was a lot better than last weeks.

Yeah, it was easily the best of the series to this point, but that's not saying too much. Other than Klaus, I really enjoyed it.

TabascoKid 05-15-05 09:12 PM

I really enjoyed that episode of American Dad...I laughed harder at it tonight than Family Guy.

RichC2 05-15-05 09:16 PM

Laughed hysterically at Family Guy tonight, the best so far this season, and the first episode that actually seems like it'd fit in just fine with previous seasons.

American Dad was ..eh, watchable, just not very funny. They seem to be trying too damn hard, and the Raccoon chase did nothing for me but remind me of the superior Family Guy chases. (especially after the over-the-top chicken fight redux)

Overall though, Excellent Family Guy, decent American Dad.

MrX 05-15-05 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by invisiblegt
"Jesus Christ!"

"What?"

"Get the Escalade, we're out of here."

My favorite part of the episode

American Dad was pretty good tonight as well

Jay G. 05-15-05 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by RichC2
American Dad was ..eh, watchable, just not very funny. They seem to be trying too damn hard, and the Raccoon chase did nothing for me but remind me of the superior Family Guy chases. (especially after the over-the-top chicken fight redux)

I thought the Raccoon chase was hysterical, and better than the chicken fight redux. At least the raccoon chase had a deranged logic behind it, while the chicken fight just seemed like fan service. Don't get me wrong, the chicken fight was still good though.

MasterCXtreme 05-15-05 09:56 PM

I'd pretty much echoing here but excellent episode, loved the return of the chicken, hope to see it again sometime down the line... liked American Dad a lot as well.

Originally Posted by Jobronie
Boy, this whole season is turning into one big cameo fest: the Tumbler, the woman who was engaged to the man who was a woman who was a horse who was a broom, the chicken again, I forget who else I spotted......

Where was the black woman at this season? Think I missed that.