Family Guy (FOX) -- Discussion Thread [merged]

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Family Guy (FOX) -- Discussion Thread [merged]

Old 06-20-05, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LorenzoL
"Petarded", Episode #409.
409? I thought this was the 6th episode of the season. Maybe they skipped ahead. Did I miss something?
Old 06-20-05, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dick_grayson
409? I thought this was the 6th episode of the season. Maybe they skipped ahead. Did I miss something?

They may not be showing them in the original order.
Old 06-20-05, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by j123vt_99
They may not be showing them in the original order.
gotcha. but this was the 6th episode shown for the season right? I just want to make sure I've seen them all.
Old 06-20-05, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dick_grayson
gotcha. but this was the 6th episode shown for the season right? I just want to make sure I've seen them all.

i believe so.. 6 sounds right
Old 06-20-05, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Chew
"I'm a tumor"

Am I the only one old enough to remember the singing cheese-ball?
He was supposed to be a cheese ball? I always thought he was a potato or something... It gives me a whole new perspective on his "I hanker for a hunk of cheese" song...
Old 06-20-05, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I thought it was the best new episode. The firetruck smashing that deer was awesome.
Old 06-20-05, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Everyone seemed to have forgotten Stewie's best line of the night...when he asked one of the hookers if it was:

"Like throwing a hotdog down a hallway?"
Old 06-20-05, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Everyone seemed to have forgotten Stewie's best line of the night...when he asked one of the hookers if it was:

"Is there any tread left on those tires, or is it like throwing a hotdog down a hallway?"
Old 06-20-05, 01:19 PM
Suspended

"Is there any tread left on those tires, or is it like throwing a hotdog down a hallway?"
I would have laughed harder at that if Ellen Cleghorne hadn't said the same line on SNL 10 years ago. The phrase has been out there a while...

Last edited by lotsofdvds; 06-20-05 at 04:17 PM.
Old 06-20-05, 01:39 PM
Suspended

I loved the Robocop bit. Lots of funny stuff. Anyone else enjoying American Dad too? It's growing on me.
Old 06-20-05, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Slayer2005
I loved the Robocop bit. Lots of funny stuff. Anyone else enjoying American Dad too? It's growing on me.

Definately enjoying it a lot more. I think it finally found it's legs.
Old 06-20-05, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I know it was a cheap joke, but I also enjoyed the talking vagina in the vagina monolgogues. Keep pushing the envelope Seth.
Old 06-20-05, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
I heard that line before but from where? hmmmm
Old 06-20-05, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
I heard that line before but from where? hmmmm
Yeah, me too. I think it's from another Family Guy episode - I wouldn't be surprised if they plagiarized themselves.
Old 06-20-05, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought some of the jokes like the Fire truck gag were sad and pathetic..Like I was watching a parody of Family Guy. Couldn't believe I was really watching FG.
Old 06-20-05, 03:48 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

I actually thought this was the worst of the new batch of Family Guy episodes, although I didn't hate it. I actually enjoyed American Dad more this week.
Old 06-20-05, 04:15 PM

This may have already been posted in the Movie Forum, but just in case you don't go in there much:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...n_familyguy_dc

Fox preps 'Family Guy' movie for Sept. 27 DVD bow By Thomas K. Arnold
Mon Jun 20,12:38 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane is preparing his long-awaited direct-to-DVD movie based on the exploits of his cartoon clan for a Sept. 27 release.

"It's been an enormous undertaking to juggle this with doing 35 new episodes of the show, but we think it turned out great," MacFarlane said of the film, his first full-length feature, and the first direct-to-video ever made off a television franchise.

The 83-minute, unrated "Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story" ($29.98) is based on the animated series MacFarlane created for Fox Television in the late 1990s. The irreverent series, aimed at adults rather than kids, went on the air in early 1999 and was canceled in 2003, only to be resurrected last month after an overwhelming demand for the show on DVD.

The first DVD set sold more than 2.5 million units, the second-highest sales tally of any TV-DVD release behind the first season of "Chappelle's Show," and two subsequent packages lifted the "Family Guy" franchise's total sales to about 4.5 million units.

That prompted Fox to take the unprecedented step of bringing back the show. The new season debuted in May and has since featured a bevy of guest voices, including Drew Barrymore, Jessica Biel, Jennifer Tilly and Adam West.

"Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin" is something of a thank you to the show's fans who bought so many DVDs, MacFarlane said. "Fox had such a great amount of success with the previous DVD releases that I think they felt there was a built-in, surefire market for a 'Family Guy' DVD," he said. "It's also a lot easier to put out a DVD release than it is a theatrical film while you're doing a television series."

The movie finds Stewie, the maniacal baby genius, having a near-death experience that prompts him to change his ways. Instead of seeking to dominate the world, he sets out on a road trip to find his real father.

Guest vocal talent includes Barrymore and Ron Livingston, as well as three cast members of "Beverly Hills, 90210" -- Jason Priestley, Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling -- "in a special gag," MacFarlane said.

The DVD will include several special features, including deleted scenes, still galleries, animatics and a commentary from MacFarlane.

"We also sandwiched special features around the movie," he said. "It begins with an animated movie premiere, with the family arriving to watch it, and then there's an after-party at the end."

20th Century Fox Home Entertainment is planning the biggest marketing campaign ever for a TV-spawned release, according to division worldwide president Mike Dunn. Plans include national print and TV advertising as well as a viral marketing campaign targeting college students at bars, clubs and fraternity parties; special screenings will be held for college students.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Chris
Old 06-20-05, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Ballack
I know it was a cheap joke, but I also enjoyed the talking vagina in the vagina monolgogues. Keep pushing the envelope Seth.
Speaking of that, what was the setup for that joke? My TiVo started recording right as the monologue started.
Old 06-20-05, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt

I loved his rant on Meg about how this latest development is going to ruin her life.
Old 06-20-05, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mopower
Ok I don't get why the "Rock Lobster" part is so funny. It's a song from the 80's right? How's that funny?

That had me rolling !!
Old 06-20-05, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The best part by far was the Hiroshima scene. When the shadow falls over the guy and you know it's the bomb coming but it turns out to be a baboon! That hit me like a brick wall.
Old 06-20-05, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Maxwell Smart
I thought it was the best new episode. The firetruck smashing that deer was awesome.
And when it got Peter at the end of the episode! hehe... another good one, gotta love Fox for having American Dad and FG on new episodes over the summer...(never thought I would put 'love' and 'Fox' in the same sentence!!)

Last edited by theedge; 06-21-05 at 09:26 AM.
Old 06-20-05, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't find the episode all that funny overall. There were some good bits in there, Peter locking his keys outside of his car was classic, and the whole bit in Hiroshima when you think the A-Bomb is going to drop, and it's a monkey.
Old 06-21-05, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
I enjoyed the ep, but the little asides this year seem to be getting longer and longer. I know the show isn't story-driven, but the little "quick" jokes like the whole "Jake and the Fatman" thing seem to be getting longer and longer.
In all of the seasons they have lingered on unfunny jokes, trying to make them funny by how long and unfunny they are ...

ex: peter grabbing his leg after he hurt it
Old 06-21-05, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

peter grabbing his leg after he hurt it was hilarious.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.