DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Walking Dead -- "Internment" -- 11/10/13 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/615102-walking-dead-internment-11-10-13-a.html)

DJariya 11-10-13 07:06 PM

The Walking Dead -- "Internment" -- 11/10/13

http://media.amctv.com/img/originals...1024x768-A.jpg

Synopsis:

Multiple enemies put pressure on Rick and the group. Could this finally be the breaking point for the survivors and the prison?

Episode 5 of 16

Troy Stiffler 11-10-13 07:21 PM

Re: The Walking Dead -- "Internment" -- 11/10/13

Multiple enemies? Sounds like The Gov. is back.

Orbi-Wan Techno 11-10-13 09:00 PM

Pretty tense episode. Overall, a step up from the last couple. And, of course, HE is back...

Dr. DVD 11-10-13 09:05 PM

Too early to bring back the Governor IMO. Of course it is time for Fall sweeps, so I guess they feel he's a necessity.

auto 11-10-13 09:18 PM

Yep, he should have skipped this season altogether.

hanshotfirst1138 11-10-13 09:19 PM

Herschel is remarkably spry for a one-legged man. Rick and Daryl are going to have a veeeeeerrrry unpleasant conversation soon, methinks.

RocShemp 11-10-13 10:38 PM

A lot of people were behaving rather stupidly. I was sorta okay with Herschel sparing everyone the sight of his having to impale the heads. But when all the walkers were coming at him, that wasn't the time to be considerate of what others around him might see him do. The walkers were coming up the stairs in single file and that was a perfect opportunity for continuous headshots.

Baron Of Hell 11-10-13 11:17 PM

Silly sick section goes to hell. Why aren't they taking precautions for people that are likely to die at anymomvent.

Girl playing in blood. She aint right in the head.

Letting people that were in close to sick people walk around with everybody else doesn't seem like a bright idea.

So the gov is back. Does he have a inside man? They should have left him out of this season.

RocShemp 11-11-13 12:32 AM

Although I doubt it'll happen, it'd be awesome if the Governor bites it in the very next episode.

PhantomStranger 11-11-13 12:36 AM

No one ever seems to have a plan ready for the situations when zombies go crazy. It's become an increasingly common crutch for this show's action scenes. I also thought the threat to Glen was never that real, which made the entire scene somewhat anti-climactic.

chowderhead 11-11-13 12:39 AM

everything Rick Grimes touches turns to ash.
1). Camp
2). Herschel's farm
3). Shane and Lori
4). Governor's town
5). Prison.
Rick is a terrible leader. Shane should not have blocked the door at the hospital. I think everyone would have been better off.

Xiroteus 11-11-13 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by RocShemp (Post 11904233)
Although I doubt it'll happen, it'd be awesome if the Governor bites it in the very next episode.

Can't say I'd mind that as I thought he should have died at the end of last season.

I'm back..................then dead!

malichai 11-11-13 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Xiroteus (Post 11904242)
Can't say I'd mind that as I thought he should have died at the end of last season.

I'm back..................then dead!

Agreed. I just didn't find him remotely interesting as a villain and really want his arc wrapped up for good.

Bill Needle 11-11-13 01:18 AM

I agree, too soon for the Governor. I will be disappointed if he ends up being the second half season arc.

Good episode tonight though. Glad to see the 'plague' storyline is wrapping, plus they were able to eliminate a lot of unnecessary background characters along the way.

johnnysd 11-11-13 01:40 AM

Best episode of the season until like the last 5 seconds. Do people actually find the governer interesting?

RocShemp 11-11-13 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by johnnysd (Post 11904261)
Do people actually find the governer interesting?

Not in this thread.

Shannon Nutt 11-11-13 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by johnnysd (Post 11904261)
Best episode of the season until like the last 5 seconds. Do people actually find the governer interesting?

I agree...this is the episode they should submit to get Scott Wilson a Best Supporting Actor nomination at next year's Emmys. My favorite episode of the season, and one of my two or three all-time favorites of the run.

Jacoby Ellsbury 11-11-13 08:04 AM

The quicker the Governor dies the better.

Nitpick. So they keep a huge cache of metal weapons which is the bulk of their weapons outside where it rains in a crate basically near the "frontlines" If those fences get bulldozed by vehicles or zombies those weapons will already be swarmed. Maybe I missed something like Rick and Carl dragging that crate out or it being sealed beforehand.

Krayzie 11-11-13 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Jacoby Ellsbury (Post 11904332)

Nitpick. So they keep a huge cache of metal weapons which is the bulk of their weapons outside where it rains in a crate basically near the "frontlines" If those fences get bulldozed by vehicles or zombies those weapons will already be swarmed. Maybe I missed something like Rick and Carl dragging that crate out or it being sealed beforehand.

I would imagine they have weapons stashed away in multiple places.

Jacoby Ellsbury 11-11-13 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Krayzie (Post 11904334)
I would imagine they have weapons stashed away in multiple places.

I don't know how much came from Woodbury, but that was the most high powered weapons I have seen on this show by a long shot. YOu have groups going out with swords, crossbows and handguns which left me to believe that's the best they got and I understand the quiet aspect along with the expertise and familiarity Michonne and Daryl have using the crossbow/sword, but they had about 30 assault weapons in that crate. Didn't Tyreese have an axe or something this last time they went out.

majorjoe23 11-11-13 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Jacoby Ellsbury (Post 11904332)

The rain thing with the guns bothered me too.

devilshalo 11-11-13 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jacoby Ellsbury (Post 11904343)
I don't know how much came from Woodbury, but that was the most high powered weapons I have seen on this show by a long shot. YOu have groups going out with swords, crossbows and handguns which left me to believe that's the best they got and I understand the quiet aspect along with the expertise and familiarity Michonne and Daryl have using the crossbow/sword, but they had about 30 assault weapons in that crate. Didn't Tyreese have an axe or something this last time they went out.

I would imagine they had that stash out there for their preparation from attack by the Governor and the people of Woodbury. The weapons are what they got after visiting Morgan. And also, Tyreese may not be comfortable using a gun. :shrug:

hanshotfirst1138 11-11-13 09:48 AM

I wonder if Daryl will hook up with Micchone now that Carol is gone?

TomOpus 11-11-13 10:42 AM

Very interested in seeing how Lizzie turns out. The shot of her playing with the puddle of blood was creepy. But in a good way.

MScottM 11-11-13 10:50 AM

My one nitpick is the knuckleheads that still don't seem to get it that they live in a world where the dead have to have their brain pans busted.

Hershel is doing the rounds checking on people and we have a knucklehead that has a brother that has died. We know he is dead, the brother knows he is dead but for some reason, Hershel has no idea and when the brother says " I want to stay in the cell with him while he sleeps and there is no need for you to check on him, let him rest" Hershel thinks nothing of it. We have to wait for the convenient Zombie breakout where every zombie that has died within the last two hours comes to "life" within 5 seconds of each other and of course the living brother gets killed by his zombie brother and on his way out takes out another living woman with a random shot that hits her in the head. REALLY? How long has this been going on and STILL people have a problem with knifing or shooting a dead person BEFORE they can attack them? The stupidity has got to stop. If it happens just once more, I say let them all just die, they don't deserve to live. To quote a great thinker of our times "Stupid is as stupid does". It makes me wonder how any of them have lived long enough to get to the prison with this kind of stupidity running through the surviving population.