Parenthood -- "Speaking of Baggage" -- 11/07/13

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 11-07-13, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

Synopsis:

11/07/2013 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday) : AMBER SEEKS REASSURING FROM KRISTINA AS JULIA FINDS COMFORT ELSEWHERE AND SARAH FINALLY CONFRONTS HANK IN REGARDS TO SOME INCRIMINATING EVIDENCE FOUND BY MAX- RAY ROMANO AND MATT LAURIA GUEST STAR- Kristina (Monica Potter) shares an inspirational story with Amber (Mae Whitman) about her relationship with Adam (Peter Krause) while Amber's brother, Drew (Miles Heizer), has fallen hard for his new classmate Natalie (Lyndon Smith). Meanwhile, Julia (Erika Christensen) is getting Ed's (David Denman) undivided attention as Joel (Sam Jaeger) is busy on the job. Also, Zeek (Craig T. Nelson) bachelors it up when he is left home alone and Max's (Max Burkholder) new interest in photography leads him to find some pictures from Hank's (Ray Romano) past with Sarah ( Lauren Graham). Also starring Bonnie Bedelia, Savannah Paige Rae, Xolo Mariduena, Dax Shepard, Joy Bryant, Tyree Brown, Tyson Ritter, Matthew Atkinson TV-14 DS

Episode 7 of 22
Old 11-08-13, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Parenthood -- "Speaking of Baggage" -- 11/07/13

i do not get Drew being all emo and wanting a relationship with dorm mate. she is like a basket of kittens on the side of the road, free pussy.
Old 11-08-13, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drew's a college aged boy who wants more than occasional on-demand sex -- though he's finding he likes the occasional on-demand sex well enough too.
Old 11-09-13, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Goddamn, Erika Christensen looked good
Old 11-10-13, 03:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, but that whole build up to an affair is pretty annoying and cliche filled, even for this show and I'm just not digging the amount of screen time it has. Poor Joel is like the constantly shit upon son-in-law to this family.

His drunken cake shopping was hilarious though.
Old 11-10-13, 05:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They keep trying to make us sympathize with Julia no longer being the Alpha male of the couple and how she can't handle it. It's so ridiculous in my opinion.

Then again, Zeke is becoming just as ridiculous. The man did not pay attention to the Women's Lib Movement at all.
Old 11-10-13, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Agree, not liking the Julia scenes. Too cliche, and not really working for me.
Old 11-11-13, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

The Julia stuff is bothersome. Joel is really treated pretty much like background in this show. At least Jasmine's family was shown. Do we have any insight to him? The dude's been a stay at home parent for as far as the show can tell us. I have no sympathy towards Julia feeling out of her mind about the situation when Joel was put in the same place
Old 11-11-13, 01:19 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is Haddie gone from the show completely? None of the other characters have even so much as mentioned her this season. She went to college last season, but she was still part of the show on occasion. This season though its like she doesn't exist at all anymore. Did the actress quit or get fired? Its even more odd that Drew is in college too, and he still has a sidestory in the show.
Old 11-11-13, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 873 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by taffer
Is Haddie gone from the show completely? None of the other characters have even so much as mentioned her this season. She went to college last season, but she was still part of the show on occasion. This season though its like she doesn't exist at all anymore. Did the actress quit or get fired? Its even more odd that Drew is in college too, and he still has a sidestory in the show.
I completely forgot she existed until reading your post.
Old 11-11-13, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre
i do not get Drew being all emo and wanting a relationship with dorm mate. she is like a basket of kittens on the side of the road, free pussy.
At least they quickly got past the awkward around girls angle. I couldn't figure out at the start of the season why he was so awkward around this chick, when he already dated someone way hotter, and way out of his league, in HS.

I still love this show, even if it has felt a little aimless this season.

What's up with Haddie, is she even a character on the show anymore? I know she is at college, but they don't even talk about her.

EDIT: I see the same question was posted already.
Old 11-11-13, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
The Julia stuff is bothersome. Joel is really treated pretty much like background in this show. At least Jasmine's family was shown. Do we have any insight to him? The dude's been a stay at home parent for as far as the show can tell us. I have no sympathy towards Julia feeling out of her mind about the situation when Joel was put in the same place
Yeah, Julia's storyline is my least favorite this season. She also seems to be feeding off and relating to her mom's dissatisfaction, as if Julia has been a stay at home mom all her life. Get real. Everything she's been doing this season seems way out of character.
Old 11-11-13, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 873 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by Nausicaa
Yeah, Julia's storyline is my least favorite this season. She also seems to be feeding off and relating to her mom's dissatisfaction, as if Julia has been a stay at home mom all her life. Get real. Everything she's been doing this season seems way out of character.
I'm not sure which is worse, the multiple relationship issues this season or the cancer storyline last year. This show needs some more success/upbeat storylines.
Old 11-11-13, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Writing took a dive this year, actors are still bringing the best they can tho..

Julia storyline is not good..get her back to work
Old 11-12-13, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
Writing took a dive this year, actors are still bringing the best they can tho..
Agree. I came late to the party, started watching live last season, after marathoning the entire series. And yeah, there's a huge difference this season.