TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead -- "Indifference" -- 11/03/13

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-13, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Indifference" -- 11/03/13

'zackly
Theory could be way off but I wouldn't be surprised if they went that way.
As it stands now, where does Carol go from here? Off the show until a new season? Meet up with the Governor in the next few episodes? Her 'leaving' is a big impact on the prison camp.
Old 11-04-13, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

At some point they need to find some clothes that cannot be bitten into. A little bit of armor could be useful.

Originally Posted by Coral

And I can understand looking for the exact meds you require, since you want to ensure you have what you need before going back to the prison. I just don't get why after finding what they needed that they didn't just take as many meds as they can fit in their napsacks. Time is important, but it could be worth taking the extra minute to do so - especially since you may need something else down the road and never come across this opportunity again.

I wondered about that. Yes, make sure they have the meds they need. Now dump everything else into those bags just in case, why not? Someone should bring that up one day. Oh yeah, we could have gotten that last time.
Old 11-05-13, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jacoby Ellsbury
Not like she killed two people at random because of a water shortage or something.
No, she just manipulated two hapless kids into getting themselves killed so that the prison group wouldn't be "burdened" with them. And afterwards she showed more remorse over the lost watch than two dead human beings.

That was very clearly the deciding factor for Rick - Carol's obsession with "strength", her disturbingly broad definition of what constitutes a threat to the group, and her demonstrated willingness to take actions into her own hands made it clear she wasn't safe to have around any more.

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Anyone think that Lizzie (the accused zombie-feeder) is the one who killed Karen and David, and Carol is just covering up for her?
I was totally going with this theory until tonight's episode. It just makes so much more sense narratively speaking - the scenes with Carol teaching the kids to kill doesn't do as good of a job at showing Carol's new hardcore attitude as it does showing us the kids know how to finish off someone who is dead or dying - and was much more in character for Carol, who was always compassionate up until Sunday night.
Old 11-05-13, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

I think Carol will come in like the cavalry and save the day and totally redeem herself sometime during the second half or the end of the first half of the season. Really dig watching the evolution of her character during the course of the show.

Spoiler:
Anyone else think Maggie's # is coming up next episode?
Old 11-05-13, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MScottM
Do you understand the difference between not helping someone and actively hurting someone? Rick is not responsible to or for everyone in the whole world. He has a group of people for which he takes responsibility. What good would it do to take in 5,000 people if you can only help/support 50? Who would that help? Rick didn't kill that guy, the zombies did. Rick just didn't help him. Its not about "not caring" its about knowing your limitations on who you can help.

And I think you better rewatch the bar scene episode. Rick didn't want to kill them, they gave him no choice.
Both decisions were made for the welfare of the group. It's the old "would you kill a single human being if their death saved the majority?" argument. Rick didn't want to involve himself with strangers because everyone was a threat to him. If I drove past someone begging for help and then later saw that same person ripped apart, I would feel guilty as hell for not stopping. Rick had developed a cold heartedness, and now he practically sentenced Carol to death for being the same way. At the very least, it should have been a commitee vote.

As for the bar scene, it played out so fast that it looked to me like Rick drew first on them. I watched it again, and it looks like the other guy may have been going for his gun first.
Old 11-05-13, 10:15 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ddrknghtrtns
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I am starting to get really worried for Maggie this season. It seems like she's been relegated to the background for the most part and right now she feels like the most expendable of the 'core' characters. Even Beth has gotten more substantial screen time this season.
Old 11-05-13, 10:23 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

maybe Carol will be spun off into the new TWD show?
Old 11-05-13, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Glen will kill himself if Maggie dies, i know i would
Old 11-05-13, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Han shot first!
Old 11-05-13, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ddrknghtrtns
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Well, Talking Dead will have a "special guest star" next week, so you always wonder if someone bites the dust.
Old 11-05-13, 12:56 PM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by redrum
She's a great piece of ass. Her death would surely cause me to punch my ticket.
Old 11-05-13, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Han shot first!
A-fucking-men.
Old 11-05-13, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What happens if Daryl decides he'd rather go off with Carol than be with the dicktatership? Would Michonne go with them? What about the strange little girl, maybe she would rather leave also. I hope we have alot more of Carol in the upcoming shows.
Old 11-05-13, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by arminius
What happens if Daryl decides he'd rather go off with Carol than be with the dicktatership? Would Michonne go with them? What about the strange little girl, maybe she would rather leave also.
If everyone kind of forgets about Carol within the next couple of episodes, it would be a clear sign that she's turning up in the spin-off.
Old 11-05-13, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 843 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by redrum
He should just move on to her sister.
Old 11-05-13, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

or get into necro ...
Old 11-06-13, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is it still necro if she's walkin' around?
Old 11-06-13, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

I guess this is what I get for being slow to watch the show off the DVR.
Old 11-06-13, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts

Having a zombie girlfriend never works out. The rotten **** will always end up splitting on you.
Old 11-06-13, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by chowderhead
I do think the idea of Carol covering for the girl is intriguing and may explain why she was upset and tossing the water jugs after admitting to Rick she killed the 2 people.
I believe this as well and it will then cause Daryl to go out and look for her after everyone finds out. I almost expected it to come out when the little girl and Carol were talking before she left. Rick is going to find out he was wrong about her. Bet on it. This was being foreshadowed a few episodes ago. Just like the walker with red eyes Rick was staring at and the kid then getting sick were the same issue that no one seemed to pick up on. There are many subtle little hints in these episodes.
Old 11-06-13, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by d2cheer
I believe this as well and it will then cause Daryl to go out and look for her after everyone finds out. I almost expected it to come out when the little girl and Carol were talking before she left. Rick is going to find out he was wrong about her. Bet on it. This was being foreshadowed a few episodes ago. Just like the walker with red eyes Rick was staring at and the kid then getting sick were the same issue that no one seemed to pick up on. There are many subtle little hints in these episodes.
I agree. That seems to fit better than what appears on the surface.

I was watching an episode of The Alfred Hitchcock Hour and noticed a similarity in appearance between Barbara Barrie and Melissa McBride.
Old 11-06-13, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Interesting idea. But I think there are some things working against it. And at a minimum Carol helped burn the bodies. Plus the girl still did not seem very comfortable carrying the knife let alone plunging it into living people. I still see it as Carol thinking she was protecting the girls in a way she knew wouldn't fly with the rest of the group. Her being upset when confessing to Rick was facing the fact she had crossed a line Rick would never accept. At that moment she knew the separation was coming.
Old 11-06-13, 03:07 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I initially thought the little girl did it and Carol was covering, but not after her talk last episode. The little girl wouldn't see the sick people as a threat because she supports zombie rights.

Darryl or anyone else can't follow Carol. You can't track a car and they have no idea what direction she was even going in outside that neighborhood. I think they will leave the prison this season and whereever they end up Carol will already be there.
Old 11-06-13, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Enjoyed the pace of the episode, and I liked that it was both set outside the prison proper for a change and featured my favorite characters, Daryl and Michonne.

The requisite nitpicks:

The medic only stashing a bottle of booze in his pack was such a lazy and obvious device to emphasize his "problem", when a pack stuffed with booze AND meds (since there were so many left on those shelves, another nitpick) would have created some moral ambiguity, and ultimately a more complex character.

And how did that gas station get so thoroughly covered in vines and shit?
Old 11-06-13, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
EPISODE ONE:
* Carol is teaching the children, including Lizzie, how to use knives.

EPISODE TWO:
* Lizzie takes Carol's knife.
* The burned bodies are discovered.

EPISODE THREE:
*Lizzie tells Carol that she is sick. (Was she infected when she was killing Karen and David?)
That all makes pretty good sense except i cant see a little girl being strong enough to drag around adult bodies

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.