DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   History's endless 'Ancient Aliens' broadcasts (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/614778-historys-endless-ancient-aliens-broadcasts.html)

Traxan 10-28-13 07:40 PM

History's endless 'Ancient Aliens' broadcasts

This is ridiculous. Two straight weeks they have had multiple hour marathons. I enjoy the show because it points out mystery locations around the world, but then I do my own reading on them free of Tsukalos/Childress bullshit, but this is too much. It might be time to find some email addresses at History and start bitching.

Pistol Pete 10-29-13 01:18 PM

Re: History's endless 'Ancient Aliens' broadcasts

I like to watch an episode and then jump straight to the relevant part of Ancient Aliens Debunked as an after show. Makes me giggle every time.

Strafe 10-29-13 02:03 PM

Nice try Traxan and Pistol Pete of the NSA!

Traxan 10-29-13 05:23 PM

So you have to ask yourself...

WTF is Strafe talking about?

JumpCutz 10-29-13 05:36 PM

:lol:

VHS? 10-29-13 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Traxan (Post 11887733)
This is ridiculous. Two straight weeks they have had multiple hour marathons. I enjoy the show because it points out mystery locations around the world, but then I do my own reading on them free of Tsukalos/Childress bullshit, but this is too much. It might be time to find some email addresses at History and start bitching.

There are these neat buttons on your TV remote. They say Channel Up and Channel Down. Use them ;)

Navinabob 10-29-13 06:07 PM

You should totally ditch that "bogus" show and catch a Ghost-Hunter marathon instead. That's what all the smart guys are watching. But if anyone asks, you only watch it because you enjoy the "old English-inspired colonial architecture styles of haunted houses".

taffer 10-29-13 06:37 PM

The History Channel needs to produce a TV series about Noah and call it Noah and His Master Dogs.

GoldenJCJ 10-29-13 06:47 PM

There was a time when I would park the TV on The History Channel and just leave it there all day. I pretty much gave up on all that when they started showing nonstop episodes of Pawn Stars. The newer episodes are fun because you could practically make a drinking game out of how any times Subway is mentioned on that show.

I don't think I've seen an entire episode of Ancient Aliens. A lot of them start off with interesting concepts and then devolve into nonsense. It's pretty much the same reason I can't watch an entire episode of Brad Meltzer's Decoded. Those always start off interesting and then somewhere around the 15 minute mark of each episode it turns into "the Freemasons did it..." and it all goes downhill from there.

PhantomStranger 10-30-13 01:41 AM

I've found many of these shows only have about 30 good minutes of content. Very few of the subjects deserve an hour slot. Most of the theories presented on Ancient Aliens are utterly out there and don't have a whiff of truth to them.

Traxan 10-30-13 02:00 AM

History has good shows. I understand all-day marathons, but the idea of wasting 3-5 hours a night on one show for two weeks straight now is preposterous.

Originally Posted by VHS? (Post 11888836)
There are these neat buttons on your TV remote. They say Channel Up and Channel Down. Use them ;)

See above. :p

cleaver 10-30-13 09:23 AM

I'm not saying they don't air anything else, but...

Dan1boy 10-30-13 11:57 AM

....as most Ancient Astronaut Theorists suggest...

Groucho 10-30-13 12:00 PM

Finally this channel is showing REAL history. OPEN YOUR EYES, SHEEPLE.

gmanca 10-30-13 01:10 PM

Narrator: Is it possible that this particular TV Talk thread is a result of prehistoric technology given to the Mayans by Ancient Aliens?

Tsoukalos: I say yes!

VHS? 10-30-13 02:23 PM

*Tsoukalos: The answer is yes!

Jason 10-30-13 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by taffer (Post 11888885)
The History Channel needs to produce a TV series about Noah and call it Noah and His Master Dogs.

The History Channel needs to change it's fucking name.

writer106 10-30-13 04:47 PM

Some of the earlier episodes of Anicent Aliens were interesting to watch because they were focused more on UFO sightings from earlier time periods. I agree with the OP, the History Channel airs that too much these days.

VHS? 10-30-13 05:12 PM

Most channels today get stuck in marathon mode.

Dmacsg1 11-01-13 09:45 PM

The real mystery is how that guy gets his hair to look like that!!

VHS? 11-01-13 10:38 PM

He actually cut it short. Saw him at SDCC this year and hardly recognized him.

whotony 11-03-13 12:35 AM

New eps started this past friday on H2

VHS? 11-03-13 01:09 AM

I wont lie. I was pissed it moved to H2 since COX does not have H2 in HD. I hate pillar box viewing.

Josh-da-man 11-03-13 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 11893799)
New eps started this past friday on H2

Yeah... what's up with this? My DVR just started recording it with "Alien Operations" on Nov. 1, but according to the History Channel website they've been showing new eps since September?

The Power of Three
Premiere Date:September 30, 2013

The Crystal Skulls
Premiere Date:October 07, 2013

The Anunnaki Connection
Premiere Date:October 14, 2013

Magic of the Gods
Premiere Date:October 21, 2013

The Satan Conspiracy
Premiere Date:October 28, 2013

Lateralus 11-03-13 03:33 AM

First 5 new episodes were on H, the rest are now on H2. Why they did that I do not know.