The Walking Dead -- "Isolation" -- 10/27/13

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead -- "Isolation" -- 10/27/13

Old 10-29-13, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Isolation" -- 10/27/13

Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
A woman's natural lubricant is blood plasma that has leaked through her engorged tissues.

Originally Posted by Navinabob View Post
Sorry, I can't agree. If a friend says to you while you are out in public "Stop. Don't turn around", most people turn around. If that scene happens in a movie you can go on-and-on how stupid and unbelievable it was for them to turn around, but that's what people do. We do stupid shit.

Seriously, people are idiots. We all do idiotic stuff. Trained soldiers on duty in a war zone will still text while driving because they are people, and people do stupid shit. People put on make-up while going 75 on a freeway.
You'd think that the end of the world would make people a little more judicious though. I work retail, so I see plenty of people doing enough stupid things to understand where you're coming from, Lord knows, but since these people are in life-or-death situations every day, you'd think they'd have learned something. Part of the problem with this kind of open-ended storytelling is that if this show actually had some sort of endpoint in mind, maybe that radio transmission would mean something. But because this show (and the comic) has to continue for as long as its commercially viable, it's sort of not worth worrying about, if they do find someone, they'll be dead by the end of the season.

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
This has definitely become the new flagship show for AMC. Can't see it ending anytime soon. Wouldn't surprise me if this made it to 10 seasons.
They'll wring every last dollar from this until the well is dry.
Old 10-29-13, 02:35 PM

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

A woman's natural lubricant is blood plasma that has leaked through her engorged tissues.
I just went gay all of a sudden.
Old 10-29-13, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 125 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
I still don't understand how Daryl and them missed the thousands of zombies walking down the street, until they were right up on the car. That was a poorly staged shot, meant to look cool more than anything.

Yeah, it reminds me the cliche where people are in an open field... and the Walkers still manage to get the jump on them out of "nowhere" as they turn around after a conversation. Really?
Old 10-29-13, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Actually, the part where they come upon the horde doesn't bother me. Just before they see the horde, they crest a hill that also went around a slight bend. That would have blocked their view. As soon as they crest that and get within sight, they hit the brakes

I'm more bothered that they didn't see the few stragglers because they were all 'watching' the radio.
Old 10-29-13, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
I just went gay all of a sudden.
A man's natural lubricant is the mucus secreted by the cells lining the rectum.

Pick your poison.
Old 10-29-13, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 193 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by d2cheer View Post
I don't get why there are some still watching and expecting something different.
I love the show and rarely nitpick anything but all four people staring at the radio, including the driver is just stupid. Especially way it was shot. All that was missing was a "duh-duh-duh" 'Scooby Doo' audio cue. It was a plot device. Daryl is usually on a hog, so you know his ass is always on high alert when he's driving around in the open like that. It was out of character and served the purpose of getting them out of the car.

Also how much time has really passed on this show? 12 months? 18? It's not like a radio transmission is that unusual or even unlikely. We're not talking 50 years here.
Old 10-29-13, 09:08 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Anybody else read the part in the article about Kirkman wanting to develop a spin off show with new characters?
Old 10-29-13, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Hey, I was on Reddit today, too!
Old 10-29-13, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Let's face it people, this show is never going to win any awards for writing. It simply exists now to fill time between some action/gore scenes. There are just so many ridiculous moments of behavior, it's insulting (most have been covered already). Also, Daryl wears his bangs in his eyes(!), and Michonne has 18" long dreads, which were LITERALLY GRABBED by a zombie last week. Even in The Walking Dead video game, the characters new to keep their hair short. And how many years will it take for them to institute the fucking buddy system?! Of course, doing those things means the writers would have to be clever in order to come up with danger scenarios, which they obviously aren't willing to do. But at least we got to see a zombie trapped under a log so long that the zombie had moss growing on it. That was pretty cool.
Old 10-29-13, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Liked the ending. I didn't like the fistfight between Rick and Tyrese; it felt forced. I couldn't believe that sick doctor didn't know better about covering his mouth when he coughed. And I didn't like that none of the zombies tried to attack Tyrese while he was sitting in the car with the door open.
Old 10-29-13, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Numanoid View Post
Hey, I was on Reddit today, too!
I posted this an hour or so before I saw that on Reddit. In fact I wondered if someone here posted it over there...
Old 10-29-13, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 193 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Numanoid View Post
But at least we got to see a zombie trapped under a log so long that the zombie had moss growing on it. That was pretty cool.
That was cool. Nice subtle touch.
Old 10-30-13, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

I tell my girlfriend that blood makes an excellent lubricant, but she still makes me use Astroglide.
Old 10-30-13, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Rick Yuen was on Geektime this past Friday and he mentioned that at some point Glen is in a "tough situation" and then has to run out of a tunnel and start fighting walkers. Kind of makes me wonder if the situation is Maggie dying.
Old 10-30-13, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 100 Likes on 79 Posts

So Glen, and maybe others, get better.
Old 10-30-13, 01:41 PM
RIP

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD View Post
Rick Yuen was on Geektime this past Friday and he mentioned that at some point Glen is in a "tough situation" and then has to run out of a tunnel and start fighting walkers. Kind of makes me wonder if the situation is Maggie dying.
Better not be. I need my Walking Dead eye candy.
Old 10-30-13, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by KingSmoth View Post
Really, people have that much of a problem with the radio scene? How long has it been since they have heard anything come across the radio that wasn't a canned message? The way people nitpick this show is unbelievable...
My only issue with the radio thing is that they heard the signal on an AM channel. Everybody knows AM is dead and XM is where it's at. At the very least they could have heard it on FM. AM is for old farts who listen to talk radio (like me). /sarcasm
Old 10-30-13, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
I'm with Coral. Who the fuck takes their eyes off the road that long staring at a radio? It's audio, no need to look at it.
From what I see on the highways every day ... Most drivers.
Old 10-31-13, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff View Post
My only issue with the radio thing is that they heard the signal on an AM channel. Everybody knows AM is dead and XM is where it's at. At the very least they could have heard it on FM. AM is for old farts who listen to talk radio (like me). /sarcasm
When there's no more room on the bandwidth, dead stations will roam the earth!