Reload this Page >

The Walking Dead -- "Isolation" -- 10/27/13

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead -- "Isolation" -- 10/27/13

Old 10-28-13, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Isolation" -- 10/27/13

Enjoyed the episode. Glad to see people still complaining though. Haha. Tyrese had his prison gym moment. Glenn is sick. Carol is ruthless and Rick knows.... will he tell Tyrese and put Carol in jeopardy? If he's smart, he'll blame one of the sick people that have already turned.

That was a huge herd of walkers!

Looks like next episode will have some nice exploration in it.
Old 10-28-13, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Crocker Jarmen View Post
That was annoying, as most of what he was saying was shit that's been established since season two. They should've left his mic dead instead of giving him a replacement. Hardwicks clear annoyance with him made this awkward to listen to.
That was a fucking disaster with Manson. He also gave the big reveal that the show really isn't about zombies! It's about the moral issues. Yeah that was established like early season one. The he put his arm around Jack Osbourne which was uncomfortable.

The guy definitely has brain rot now as he used to be quite articulate and intelligent with interviews. I guess they could cast him in the show since he already looks like a zombie.
Old 10-28-13, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by VinVega View Post
Marylin Manson on The Talking Dead was a huge mistake. He just doesn't shut up and he makes no sense.
OMG - yes! Chris Hardwick was squirming in his seat waiting for the show to end...that was the most unbearable edition of TALKING DEAD yet. I hope they never, ever have him back.

So - my guess is Carol is just covering up the crime for Lizzie, right? Lizzie killed them with the knife Carol gave her, and Carol drug the bodies out and set them on fire to cover up her actions.
Old 10-28-13, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think Lizzie is a killer. She likes to bond with zombies, and maybe wants to become one.

We will see.
Old 10-28-13, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 363 Likes on 273 Posts

Some interesting stuff, especially the reveal about Carol. at how Rick called her stupid. What the hell was she doing anyways? I saw she was fixing the hose.

That sucks for Tyreese and the whole Karen deal. What Carol allegedly did was pretty hardcore ruthless. I know he's a popular character, so I knew he would survive that Walker swarm. But, he was pretty out of it most of the episode.

The thing I don't get is there really is no proof that getting antibiotics will cure this super flu. Hershel's theory about using the antibiotics to help it is simply just a theory. I did admire his character for wanting to help those who got sick.
Old 10-28-13, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I didn't see that reveal coming. That really made up for a season 2 paced type episode.
Old 10-28-13, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

I hope that Elderberry tea works wonders. The drug-raiders are going to be delayed a while.
Old 10-28-13, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Some interesting stuff, especially the reveal about Carol. at how Rick called her stupid. What the hell was she doing anyways? I saw she was fixing the hose.

That sucks for Tyreese and the whole Karen deal. What Carol allegedly did was pretty hardcore ruthless. I know he's a popular character, so I knew he would survive that Walker swarm. But, he was pretty out of it most of the episode.

The thing I don't get is there really is no proof that getting antibiotics will cure this super flu. Hershel's theory about using the antibiotics to help it is simply just a theory. I did admire his character for wanting to help those who got sick.
I thought the same thing, but I think Hershel mentioned that it was the symptoms that were killing people, rather than the flu, so he wanted to control them. Presumably people are getting secondary bacterial infections, as an antibiotic isn't going to treat a virus.

I didn't mind him wanting to help, but the way he went about it was stupid. The cough in the face was way too predictable.
Old 10-28-13, 09:59 AM

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

I love how the guy coughing up blood into Hershel's face was a doctor. Guess he skipped that day in Kindergarten. Hershel should have gone all Carol on his ass.
Old 10-28-13, 09:59 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Agreed that the reveal at the end helped redeem the episode, but still didn't particularly care for it.
Old 10-28-13, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the episode was good, but it definitely felt like it moved slowly compared to the other two this season. Interesting that Carol was the burner. Wonder where they're going with that storyline? Will she be kicked out of the prison?

Tyreese definitely got his "prison gym" moment from the comics, which was cool.

And yes, on Talking Dead, Marilyn Manson was TERRIBLE. I did find it funny that Chris Hardwick and Jack Osbourne basically just made fun of him through most of the show. That made up for it a little.
Old 10-28-13, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 195 Likes on 144 Posts

I think the antibiotics will work on the most recent patients (Glen & the girl) and everyone else will be too far gone. They're just thinning the herd back to a core group before shoving off from the prison.

So little 'ol Carol dragged two bodies a decent distance by herself? I'm not too sure I buy that one. No one else seems to have taken issue with that.
Old 10-28-13, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
They have a pump rigged up to draw water from the creek. They were operating it earlier in the episode when it stopped working and Carol or Rick said it must be clogged up with mud. So she went to unclog it.
Old 10-28-13, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
So little 'ol Carol dragged two bodies a decent distance by herself? I'm not too sure I buy that one. No one else seems to have taken issue with that.
Blood makes a decent lubricant.
Old 10-28-13, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
Old 10-28-13, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
Porking your woman while she's on the rag again, hmm?

Carol and Beth shown at a small breaking point was good to see. Carol isn't ruthless, she's doing what she needs to keep everyone safe. Her small breakdown shows some remorse about what she did and that it didn't stop the spread. And Beth is not totally without emotion.
Old 10-28-13, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
So - my guess is Carol is just covering up the crime for Lizzie, right? Lizzie killed them with the knife Carol gave her, and Carol drug the bodies out and set them on fire to cover up her actions.
It did seem like the bloody hand print that Rick found was lower to the ground then if it had been Carol. I think you're right, Carol is just burned the bodies and is covering for Lizzie actually murdering them, probably so they would turn into zombies faster.
Old 10-28-13, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
I love how the guy coughing up blood into Hershel's face was a doctor. Guess he skipped that day in Kindergarten. Hershel should have gone all Carol on his ass.
Maybe in addition to not knowing about zombies, the characters are also genre blind about vampires. So no "Dracula coughs."
Old 10-28-13, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Timber View Post
It did seem like the bloody hand print that Rick found was lower to the ground then if it had been Carol. I think you're right, Carol is just burned the bodies and is covering for Lizzie actually murdering them, probably so they would turn into zombies faster.
Here is where I am stuck. Who kill only those two? They have a ton of sick people.
Old 10-28-13, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts

^ There were part of the first wave?
Old 10-28-13, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MikahC View Post
That said... we had Carol trapped on a bridge with zombies coming from both sides (it didn't really feel like a trap to me since she could just jump in the water, but let's ignore that). But even more importantly, you had the car waded into a sea of zombies such that even after attempting to back up and run over them, there were so many zombies underneath that the drive wheels were off the ground. And they showed the wheels grinding up zombies with blood spatter everywhere. We saw Michonne in Samurai mode. And then the kicker... we saw Tyreese all but totally lose it. I don't think I've ever, in the history of the show, seen someone completely enveloped by a horde of zombies like that and fight their way out without being bitten.

Exactly what kind of "action" are you looking for?
From what I can tell from Walking Dead threads, some people want an hour of Michonne/Tyreese zombie slashing and NOTHING else.
Old 10-28-13, 04:22 PM

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Pretty funny that when there's a dangerous mission to be done, they send out 3/4 of the black people in the group. Probably should have had Bob wear a red shirt as well.
Old 10-28-13, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 195 Likes on 144 Posts

I thought the same thing.
Old 10-28-13, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
I think the antibiotics will work on the most recent patients (Glen & the girl) and everyone else will be too far gone.
I'd just like to point out that antibiotics are used to treat bacterial infections (such as from cuts, etc.,) and do absolutely nothing again viruses, which is what flu is. There's no real treatment for viral infections once they've set in.

That's why you need vaccines.

Not that I expect the show to get the science right, but the elderberry tea is probably as good as anything to minimize the symptoms in hopes peoples' immune systems can fight off the flu.
Old 10-28-13, 05:28 PM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Didn't see this mentioned, but after Rick "hurt" his hand on Tyreese's face
Spoiler:
and Herschel bandaged it also reminds me of Rick in the comics.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.