DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Big Bang Theory - "The Workplace Proximity" - 10/17/13 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/614526-big-bang-theory-workplace-proximity-10-17-13-a.html)

dex14 10-17-13 07:57 AM

The Big Bang Theory - "The Workplace Proximity" - 10/17/13

http://s13.postimg.org/esfuhlsxj/tbb...n7_promo_3.jpg

"The Workplace Proximity" - Sheldon must decide how much "Amy time" is too much after she takes a job at his university. Meanwhile, Howard finds himself sleeping on Raj's couch after a fight with Bernadette, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Oct. 17 (8:00 - 8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

hanshotfirst1138 10-17-13 09:34 PM

Re: The Big Bang Theory - "The Workplace Proximity" - 10/17/13

Amy deserves better. Hell, all of the women on this show deserve better. They shouldn't put up with this crap :p.

Charlie Goose 10-17-13 10:12 PM

Well, no real woman would ever put up with those guys. Especially women that look like Penny and Bernadette.

Raul3 10-18-13 07:46 AM

No big laughs but Amy killed it.

hanshotfirst1138 10-18-13 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose (Post 11875698)
Well, no real woman would ever put up with those guys. Especially women that look like Penny and Bernadette.

True, those characters are basically walking make fantasies. I know this is a TV sitcom, but I still think that the final punchline about the characters who are supposed to actually be showing some semblance of growth instead but are screwing around again was annoying. No one would put up with Sheldon's total lack of social skills in a workplace, much less a girlfriend who's underappreciated and probably horny as hell too.

Anyway, not too many laughs this week, though the bit with Leonard and Penny on the couch talking to Sheldon was pretty good.

mphtrilogy 10-18-13 08:25 AM

thought the laser balloon bit at the end was pretty funny

Kdogg 10-18-13 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst113 (Post 11875958)
No one would put up with Sheldon's total lack of social skills in a workplace

Academia is not the real world. I spent years in a science lab while in college. It's the one place that not only is this possible but actually happens.

fumanstan 10-18-13 10:03 AM

I've worked at video game companies for the last 9 years, I see plenty of nerds with attractive significant others.

Really disliked this episode though, this was one of those episodes where Sheldon comes off too poorly all around and completely unlikeable instead of awkwardly funny.

Charlie Goose 10-18-13 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by fumanstan (Post 11876120)
I've worked at video game companies for the last 9 years, I see plenty of nerds with attractive significant others.

Rich nerds?

fumanstan 10-18-13 12:05 PM

Not that rich :p

astrochimp 10-18-13 03:15 PM

How did Howard and Raj get the new Batman game already?

Double_Oh_7 10-18-13 03:36 PM

Someone needs to tell the producers it's 2013, it's OK to make Raj gay.

Paff 10-18-13 03:45 PM

this was one of those episodes where Sheldon comes off too poorly all around and completely unlikeable instead of awkwardly funny.

My guess for further plotlines in the season (not spoilering this, 'cause it's just what I think might happen...it's not based on any real knowledge at all): They're making Sheldon be a real dick so Amy will break up with him. She starts dating others, Sheldon gets jealous, season finale they finally sleep together.

JimRochester 10-18-13 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst113 (Post 11875958)
No one would put up with Sheldon's total lack of social skills in a workplace, much less a girlfriend who's underappreciated and probably horny as hell too.

Anyway, not too many laughs this week, though the bit with Leonard and Penny on the couch talking to Sheldon was pretty good.

Academia not only tolerates but embraces people who are less than normal. Normalcy is a detriment and the stranger you are the smarter you must be.

mhg83 10-18-13 04:38 PM

Bernadette was a fucking hypocrite. She can hang out with her girlfriends but when Howard spends time with his guy friends she goes apeshit. He even said that he was gonna spend time with her the next day but that wasn't enough was it bitch!

Coral 10-18-13 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by mhg83 (Post 11876684)
Bernadette was a fucking hypocrite. She can hang out with her girlfriends but when Howard spends time with his guy friends she goes apeshit. He even said that he was gonna spend time with her the next day but that wasn't enough was it bitch!

Whoa... calm down there.

So to Bernadette it seems that even though Howard has enough time to spend with friends during the day, he continues to spend his time with them after work instead of with his wife. I can see how she'd take that personally. And she doesn't work with her friends, so she has a harder time balancing them and her husband.

Coral 10-18-13 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Paff (Post 11876592)
My guess for further plotlines in the season (not spoilering this, 'cause it's just what I think might happen...it's not based on any real knowledge at all): They're making Sheldon be a real dick so Amy will break up with him. She starts dating others, Sheldon gets jealous, season finale they finally sleep together.

I suspect something similar. They keep showing Sheldon treating Amy like shit, it must be leading towards something down the road. She breaks up with him, and then he realizes how he's taken her for granted and tries to become a better person, blah blah blah... and they get back together. Sheldon's grown a bit in the last few seasons, but I think the writers will eventually want to give his character a big growth spurt soon.

JimRochester 10-18-13 06:02 PM

Remember the golden rule. She who has the golden pussy, makes the rules.

fumanstan 10-18-13 06:41 PM

Yeah, I don't see how Bernadette is being a hypocrite at all.

Double_Oh_7 10-18-13 06:44 PM

I think Bernadette hangs out with her friends BECAUSE Howard is busy with his friends. Given the choice she'd be with him.

Josh-da-man 10-18-13 06:52 PM

The way Bernadette treats Howard, I can't say I blame him for wanting to get away from her and hang with his buds. There's definitely a side to her personality that is controlling, bossy, and belittling.

Granted, there's some kind of weird Oedipal thing going on between Howard and Bernadette where he married a woman who constantly screams at him like his mother.

I could sort of see Howard developing some feelings for Amy after the scavenger hunt episode.

whotony 10-19-13 01:49 AM

Bernadette has become the least likable person on the show for me, used to be Amy but only becauee I dont like the actor.

JimRochester 10-19-13 08:11 AM

They have certainly been giving her a harder edge since the wedding. However ask anyone who's married if that sweet girl that said "I Do" is the same one they are living with a year later. You marry them for the second set of lips not realizing you get a second set of teeth.

Why are brides always smiling? They know they've given their last blowjob. :rimshot:

hanshotfirst1138 10-19-13 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by JimRochester (Post 11876632)
Academia not only tolerates but embraces people who are less than normal. Normalcy is a detriment and the stranger you are the smarter you must be.

My bitter ass is in the wrong profession then.

Michael Corvin 10-19-13 08:50 AM

Really disliked this episode though, this was one of those episodes where Sheldon comes off too poorly all around and completely unlikeable instead of awkwardly funny.

Yep. Complete asshole. She should have dumped him this episode. She gets nothing out of this relationship.

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7 (Post 11876581)
Someone needs to tell the producers it's 2013, it's OK to make Raj gay.

I think it's too late for that revelation. He has clearly liked women in the past. Why would he have trouble speaking to women if he's gay?

Originally Posted by fumanstan (Post 11876827)
Yeah, I don't see how Bernadette is being a hypocrite at all.

Agreed. Her tone may have been over the top, but she's in the 'right' on this one.