Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel / Netflix projects discussion thread - news, rumors, etc.

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel / Netflix projects discussion thread - news, rumors, etc.

Old 03-10-15, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Marvel's Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist & Defenders coming to Net

I'm still not sure about the guy playing Daredevil from all the clips we've seen, but i'm jazzed about Kingpin.
Old 03-10-15, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 870 Likes on 731 Posts
Re: Marvel's Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist & Defenders coming to Net

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Earlier in this thread someone mentioned the S1 costume is basically Matt's pre-Daredevil costume. He should get the red horned costume later in the series.
In 2019 when season two comes around.
Old 03-10-15, 03:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Preterite
I could see Daredevil using his penis as a way to intimidate cowardly criminals in the dark of night. Daredevil fights far more street criminals than other superheroes.
Every good hero knows that a street criminal's main weakness is homophobia.

"Criminals are a superstitious homophobic cowardly lot"
Old 03-11-15, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The trailer played during Agents of SHIELD last night.
Old 03-17-15, 03:34 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

via DeKnight...

"He always wore a black mask that was tied in the back. We went through a lot of different versions and did a lot of R&D before settling on something. If you watch very closely, you'll see the outfit evolve subtly into what we call the black ninja suit. The mask changes. He starts wearing protective pads. Eventually it morphs into the classic suit, because he wouldn't be Daredevil without it. Getting there is part of the fun. The idea was to back the story up to the point before Matt is Daredevil. Then we could take him to a place where some version of the red suit works in a grounded world. The solution is very exciting and makes complete sense."
Old 03-17-15, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
via DeKnight...
More of the same then...
Old 03-19-15, 11:37 AM

Received 4,752 Likes on 3,218 Posts

<iframe width="655" height="368" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ltzGfeqWp_M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 03-21-15, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 126 Likes on 108 Posts

Scott's starting to look like Kirk Douglas

Oh, and Roth could get it
Old 03-31-15, 03:41 PM

Netflix & Marvel Television announced today that Cheo Hodari Coker will serve as executive producer and showrunner of the anticipated series, "Marvel’s Luke Cage." Coker is writing the first two episodes of the series that will premiere in 2016, everywhere that Netflix is available.

Most recently, Coker served as a co-executive producer on the second season of "Ray Donovan," and prior to that was a supervising producer on the critically-acclaimed, fourth season of the drama "SouthLAnd." Coker was a part of the "SouthLAnd" team that earned the show a 2012 Peabody Award. Coker also garnered a 2013 NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Writing for a Dramatic Series for his work on that show. Coker’s feature film credits include Fox Searchlight’s rap biopic "Notorious." He authored the book "Unbelievable: The Life, Death, and Afterlife of The Notorious B.I.G." as well. Coker started his writing career in journalism and was a staff writer at the Los Angeles Times and contributed to VIBE, Rolling Stone, Essence, among other publications. He is a graduate of Stanford University.

It was previously announced that Mike Colter ("The Good Wife," "American Horror Story: Coven") will play the charismatic lead character, Luke Cage, in the series.

"Marvel’s Luke Cage" is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios for Netflix.
More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/tv/24362/cheo...#ixzz3VzwLkJp3
Old 03-31-15, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,749 Posts

http://deadline.com/2015/03/cheo-hod...ix-1201402027/

Marvel hired Cheo Hodari Coker as showrunner for Luke Cage. He previously worked on Ray Donovan, Almost Human and Southland. He will write episodes 1 and 2. One of the most notable episodes of Southland that he wrote was the one that killed off Kevin Alejandro.

Luke Cage will premiere in 2016
Old 03-31-15, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Have they cast a Daniel Rand yet?
Old 04-01-15, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Have they cast a Daniel Rand yet?
Nope.
Old 04-15-15, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

*muttering to myself* trust in marvel, daredevil is good, trust in marvel, daredevil is good, trust in marvel, daredevil is good...

I just can't get over this casting. Both people look so wrong for the role. Colter looks downright puny. Ritter is a lollipop (stick thin with a big head).
Old 04-15-15, 02:28 PM

Old 04-15-15, 03:42 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think Colter fits it better. Ritter is the one that needs to sell me on it. She's cute but... not what I would guess for a Jessica Jones. Either way, they're smaller than the characters. Cage isn't even THAT big that he couldn't bulk up for it more. Ritter though... she's skinny thing for Jones.

I really wonder how they'll introduce their powers. Colter can be convincing cuz he's bigger than Ritter. RITTER on the hand, they've got show her off well to be convincing for Jones' abilities.
Old 04-15-15, 03:54 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

D'Onofrio proved these actors don't have to physically match the size of the comic characters. Cox seemed pretty small too (there's a sex joke in there somewhere).
Old 04-15-15, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dex14
I wonder if they are going to make his skin purple. If they do, I hope it's just a tint and don't make him look like grape.
Old 04-15-15, 06:51 PM

D'onofrio isn't as big as the comic kingpin, but he's still physically imposing in the show and intimidating as hell.. Yes, I know I haven't seen any live action of Colter as cage, but man he just looks like a regular dude. I Really wanted the dude who plays Mack on AOS to be cage.

And cox isn't a large guy, but he's pretty ripped. But daredevil has never been a strongman anyway. Cage has.
Old 04-15-15, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I'm not sold on Colter as Cage. He just doesn't seem ripped enough.
Old 04-15-15, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by kstublen
Yeah, I'm not sold on Colter as Cage. He just doesn't seem ripped enough.
to be fair, that jacket could be covering ripped-ness. But he just doesn't look much BIGGER than ritter.
Old 04-15-15, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
to be fair, that jacket could be covering ripped-ness. But he just doesn't look much BIGGER than ritter.
This is a screen shot from the Halo flick he's in:

Old 04-15-15, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by dex14
This is a screen shot from the Halo flick he's in:
yeah so he's got some decent arms, but I just mean he looks small. Hard to believe he's 6'3" (according to wiki). But maybe cause ritter is tall (5'9"). I just expect him to be:

Not:

And he's even HUGER in recent years.
Old 04-15-15, 09:13 PM

I think Terry Crews was the ideal choice. Just a bit too old compared to the others cast. Oh well.
Old 04-15-15, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
D'Onofrio proved these actors don't have to physically match the size of the comic characters. Cox seemed pretty small too (there's a sex joke in there somewhere).
I see you've read the first issue of Alias.

Spoiler:

Old 04-15-15, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 285 Likes on 213 Posts

Did anybody else see this and think Doggett from Orange is the New Black escaped?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.